Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Seeking Advice - Potential Scam

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:30 PM
hardrock905

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mantis77
I just read this whole thread. And WOW! You are a patient man my friend. I would have strung him up by his nutz a long time ago. Good luck man.
No doubt. I would have went ape sh*t by now.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trust me, I am really ticked off about the whole deal, but keeping a rational head about things keeps me in the clear and is my best bet to get this transaction done.

I received something from UPS today. Looks like a mid-pipe from the outside. I will not open it until the other pieces arrive. If the pieces don't arrive within the next day or two, I can refuse shipment and send it back.

Attached are three pictures, one with a 70lb black lab in it so you can gauge the size of the package

Edit: I was able to look inside the package w/o opening it. It appears to be genuine... now I just need the rest.
Attached Thumbnails Seeking Advice - Potential Scam-m1.jpg   Seeking Advice - Potential Scam-m1_wnosey.jpg   Seeking Advice - Potential Scam-m2.jpg  

Last edited by tropicalypso; 03-29-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:19 PM
cubu

hmmm... can you feel the box and see if the resonator is round?

Old 03-29-2007, 03:23 PM
cubu

stock:

Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Fooshe

Default face it, it's a scam

It sounds like the only excuse he didn't use is "my dog ate the exhuast." Looks like he is no longer a member now. Face it, this is a scam.

Here is what I would do:
1) Get with the credit card/debit card company and advise them of the situation.

2) Advise paypal and ask for their help. They do monitor the real name for new account possibilities.

3) Contact the fourm moderator and see if they will give you any information on the seller...His IP address, his entered name and/or information. You never know what you may find using the internet and a small amount of information

4) Since he used the forum to do this via the internet, file and internet crime report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). It is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). They are at: www.ic3.gov
Make sure you have all of your information printed.

5) You can also file an internet crim report with your local state police. In the state of Florida go to: www.fdle.state.fl.us/Fc3/fraud.html

6) I would also file a report with the State Police for the State the seller says he lives in because if he is caught and it goes over state lines, it is an automatic felony if he is convicted under a charge of theft by trickery. These types stick with this type of crime so there are some chances that he may get caught...maybe not right away, but if he does, you may get some vindication.

7) If all else fails, throw the boys in the back of the pick up, fill the cooler with a few days worth and load the 30-06 and keep repeating "may the Lord bless his soul cause his A** belongs to me.

Good Luck!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Filter

Seems like he didn't really care to package it very well either, lol. BTW, to me those don't have the shape of the nismo exhaust parts, but I could be wrong.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:09 PM
TSG-Z

Read all ten pages and I hope you really nail this ***** to the wall! Good luck.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:48 PM
tattoo60012

G/L bro I hope this gets resolved in your favor, then all you have to do is figure out how to get the 10 hours of your life back after dealing with this douche. The way I figure it 10 hours I bill out at least $50 per hour, means he owes you about $500 plus a refund or exhaust..... His choice which one at this point.... plus expenses. I'm guessing there's at least an empty 12 pack that was used to calm the nerves this guy has aggravated. You seem like a man of taste, so it was probably a good import, cost $16 for a 6 pack, so that would make it $532 plus all applicable taxes, text messaging cost, billable cell minutes used, and an exhaust, or refund.

That's me though I'm a jerk like that.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:26 AM
tlox

Looking at your box and the pics that Cubu posted....doesn't look like the same shape...
Old 03-30-2007, 08:23 AM
tropicalypso

Tough to tell from the shape, but I peeked inside one of the holes in the packaging, and could at least determine that it wasn't an oem mid-pipe. The metal looks correct, and I could feel that the canisters matched what I see in the picture displaying the Nismo mid-pipe.

I received an email from the seller today saying that he is pursuing legal action against me because I threatened him with violence? He also cites that I publicly posted his personal information and that I asked everyone here to contact him and threaten him.

For the record, I'm not stupid enough to contact him and threaten him with violence. Nowhere in this thread did I ask anyone to contact him, nor was I the first to publicly post his contact information.

Sigh. I will keep working with the police.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:30 AM
cubu

he won't be able to pursue anything, keep the pressure on him till you get the the ypipe and muffler
Old 03-30-2007, 08:55 AM
tattoo60012

idle threat, tell him to bring it. He can't prove a thing, you can PROVE everything and that is what is important.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Filter

That's really absurd . Besides, by now you have every reason to threaten him with whatever means available. It won't hold up in court if he is to go as far as that. Tisk tisk... When are you supposed to receive the other parts?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:13 PM
cubu

yeah... wonder what he's doing with the muffler and y-pipe??? send it to the other guys he sold the exhaust to??
Old 03-30-2007, 02:59 PM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I really dont see the reason for not opening the boxe(s). I always thought that accepting the boxes from the courier would be enough for him to prove the item(s) were delivered. How would you prove to the police or court that the boxes didnt not contain the original items. Aside from returning the items in the original packaging I dont see why you should wait in opening any boxes until you recieve them all. Legally I doesnt make sense (I think).
Old 03-30-2007, 03:47 PM
35TH ANY

Originally Posted by ecorona6
I really dont see the reason for not opening the boxe(s). I always thought that accepting the boxes from the courier would be enough for him to prove the item(s) were delivered. How would you prove to the police or court that the boxes didnt not contain the original items. Aside from returning the items in the original packaging I dont see why you should wait in opening any boxes until you recieve them all. Legally I doesnt make sense (I think).

Even if it was placed on your door step with you not home the status of the package is delivered. You might as well open it so that you can report that information to the authorities as well.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Zakira

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tropicalypso
I received an email from the seller today saying that he is pursuing legal action against me because I threatened him with violence? He also cites that I publicly posted his personal information and that I asked everyone here to contact him and threaten him.

For the record, I'm not stupid enough to contact him and threaten him with violence. Nowhere in this thread did I ask anyone to contact him, nor was I the first to publicly post his contact information.

Sigh. I will keep working with the police.
Goddamn Scumbag!!!

Sorry to go off topic but years ago I was a part of a group that got scammed in real estate. We took years of legal action and when we finally got them where we wanted, the judge sat us down in his chamber and told us to ease up on the repayment term we were asking for, to give them easier installments. BS, they had no problem stealing our money, we only want it back! Who's side is the law on?

We never saw a penny, never could collect, oh our attorney collected his fee. And the escrow company? They just changed their name and went back to business.

Hope you have better luck bro, we all get duped sometimes.

BTW, you did the right thing by posting here.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:07 AM
tropicalypso

Time for a little comedy... got this from Pay Pal:

Dear Buyer, We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor. We were able to recover $43.37 USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted. If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller. If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

Last edited by tropicalypso; 03-31-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:14 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tropicalypso
Time for a little comedy... got this from Pay Pal:

Dear Buyer, We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor. We were able to recover $43.37 USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted. If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller. If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

What was the total amount you paid him?

Quick Reply: Seeking Advice - Potential Scam