Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Checked out an 07 at the stealership today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:16 PM
shifty711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checked out an 07 at the stealership today.

Well, today I went to the dealership to get my oil changed. Yes, I know its a rip off, i just like to have it documented so that if there is a problem with the car, there is evidence.

Anyway, I wanted to check out an 07 Z. This is the first time I have seen the 07. (Many dealerships in Michigan do not keep sports cars on the lot in the winter.) Well, the hood is not too bad, the engine is the *******, it has a different sound. I didn't test drive because they only had 5AT's on the lot.

The damn salesperson didn't know anything about the damn car. He told me that they kept the same engine. So then I had to open the hood like an ******* and point out all the differences. He was also convinced that it only had 287hp untill he looked at the sticker on the window.

Im glad that salespeople know what they are talking about. Its a sad day when the consumer has to go over and teach the new features to the salesperson.

He also told me that, and I quote "I don't care about the motors, I just like the looks and if the car is fast"

Note to myself, Never buy anything from the "Suburban Collection". They don't know what the hell they are selling.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:08 PM
ZCARBANDIT
Banned

I hate to hear that, hope that does not represent the quality of anything else there. Did they put the splash guard back on the car too? Prob. just sales, lol. they will sell anything to make a buck. lol
Old 04-14-2007, 03:55 AM
cpanagio

Originally Posted by shifty711
Well, today I went to the dealership to get my oil changed. Yes, I know its a rip off, i just like to have it documented so that if there is a problem with the car, there is evidence.
For those that dont do oil changes themselves, Ive noticed that price of changing your oil at the dealership is pretty much in-line with taking it anywhere else such as a Mr. Lube. Sometimes the stealers even send coupons for some decent deals.

Note to myself, Never buy anything from the "Suburban Collection". They don't know what the hell they are selling.
Correct me if Im wrong but werent they sued last month for selling a car to a woman with mental health issues (purposely knowing this) when she only went in for minor maintenance on her other car, which was also fairly new?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:01 AM
shifty711

Im not exactly sure, I have never heard of that before.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:30 AM
lightemup99

Never buy anything from the "Suburban Collection". They don't know what the hell they are selling.
So true, biggest douchebags in the midwest.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Alan C

haha ya, i went to the dealership yesterday and got the chance to testdrive the 07. The engine sounded sooo nice. I talked to 2 different people when I was there and one of them knew his stuff and the other guy had no clue what he was talking about. He said that they changed the engine in 07 for the first time, so i asked him if the 05-06 M6 was more horse less torque and he said no. hmm.. well i know who i dont trust now!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Kegsbane

Im glad that salespeople know what they are talking about. Its a sad day when the consumer has to go over and teach the new features to the salesperson.
Dude, don't get me started:

When I was looking at 05 Frontiers at Colonial Nissan, Charlottesville (avoid unless you look like you're worth $1,000,000 or you know Al Pinter) I had almost every salesperson on the floor trying to answer my questions about the truck. The thing is, I already knew almost every answer because I had looked it up online beforehand.

Long story short, I knew (and I'm sure probably still know, since I bought one) more about the truck I was looking at than anyone there, put together. For example, I tried to tell them that there isn't an 05 king cab NISMO package with a 6mt (this is really basic knowledge, know your trim packages *******s). When they didn't believe me, I had them try to order one. That was good for a chuckle.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 PM
cpanagio

Here is a link to the article I was talking about. I believe Suburban Imports is part of the Suburban Collection. If I am wrong then I apologize.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...pulse-Sale.php
Old 04-15-2007, 03:50 AM
JAB_06-350Z

Was this the salesman??

Old 04-15-2007, 06:35 AM
cpanagio

Originally Posted by JAB_06-350Z
Was this the salesman??

Im almost positive this guy was responsible for selling that car

Old 04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consumers don't have much knowledge about cars so the salesman are the same. They just want to make a quick $. Some people pay the asking price on a car!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Zmazing03

Same way here. I went to the dealer to check out the '07s, the dude had no idea what he was talking about, telling me it was 300 HP, exactly the same blah blah blah. I made him open the hood and informed him. :/
Old 04-15-2007, 10:23 AM
MECANICO

Man, I also stopped by the Suburban Collection a couple months ago cause they were the only dealership in Michigan that had an '07 MT I could test drive. The salesman was a f'n strunz. While test driving it I was noting some changes that I recognized compared to the '06, like the exhaust sound, smoother shifting.... he was like, "Really, I didn't know they changed anything...blah blah blah". The guy was a straight dumb-a$$. I ended up ordering my Z from Ann Arbor Nissan. I'll never go to Suburban again.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
TurboTrey

Why do you guys go to the dealership to tell the salesman about the cars? If you do your research you should just tell them you know pretty much everything there is to know. Sounds like you guys just go there to make yourselves feel better and embarass the sales staff.

I do hate it though when the salesman is more interested in showing cup holders instead of popping the hood.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:35 PM
bofa

It took me a while to convince the service director of the changes to the HR. I ended up e-mailing him the link to the HR site.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:38 PM
bofa

Regarding the article...

"As a result of my disability, I suffer from symptoms of confusion, impulsivity and difficulty in decision making, so that I am not always reasonably able to protect my interests," Berner said in a papers filed in Oakland County Circuit Court.

That's a good portion of the people that buy cars every day.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Alan C

We dont go to the dealerships to tell the salesmen about the cars; however, when a salesman tells you something about the car you KNOW is a lie... its kind of hard not to say something and sort of not trust that salesperson anymore. its just frustrating when you want to ask a few more detailed questions and they dont even know the basics...
Old 04-15-2007, 10:00 PM
HitLines

Agree that dealership salesmen don't always know what he/she is talking about but then again the Z should sell itself. If you walk in asking "what's that?" you have already made a faulty step. Research first. This forum is a great first step.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:28 AM
shifty711

Originally Posted by cpanagio
Here is a link to the article I was talking about. I believe Suburban Imports is part of the Suburban Collection. If I am wrong then I apologize.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...pulse-Sale.php
Yeah, thats the place.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:36 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
Dude, don't get me started:

When I was looking at 05 Frontiers at Colonial Nissan, Charlottesville (avoid unless you look like you're worth $1,000,000 or you know Al Pinter) I had almost every salesperson on the floor trying to answer my questions about the truck. The thing is, I already knew almost every answer because I had looked it up online beforehand.

Long story short, I knew (and I'm sure probably still know, since I bought one) more about the truck I was looking at than anyone there, put together. For example, I tried to tell them that there isn't an 05 king cab NISMO package with a 6mt (this is really basic knowledge, know your trim packages *******s). When they didn't believe me, I had them try to order one. That was good for a chuckle.

Avoid Colonial Auto like the plague ...

Quick Reply: Checked out an 07 at the stealership today.