Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why so many stupid wrecks??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:18 PM
halfass872

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGest
the base model is dangerous if you dont have experieance handling 300hp rwd sports car, atleast the enthu you get the TSA

TCS?? I agree. Base would be scarry.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:20 PM
azula

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Because we have young douches like these buying our cars. I will now go stab myself in the eye with a rusty screwdriver.

Attachment 142886

damn they are hardcore!!! lol....

but some ppl just can't drive, and they know they can't drive. they just rationalize the problem and say "oh, the road was bad" so the don't have to face reality.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:26 PM
stein

If you can blame some one/thing else then why take responsibility!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:29 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by azula
damn they are hardcore!!! lol....

but some ppl just can't drive, and they know they can't drive. they just rationalize the problem and say "oh, the road was bad" so the don't have to face reality.
and for those people there is front wheel drive.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:48 PM
zipgun

Mabey Nissan can go old school and raise the prices (40-50k) on the next gen Z. We get a better car and at the same time keep out the riff raff.

Serioulsy tho our Z cars are just so accessible nowdays esp how they are priced used.

Not going to even mention the rising insurance cost.

Last edited by zipgun; 04-23-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:07 PM
03performz

The reason that there are so many accidents is because we live in a society of immature egomaniac's. They think that they have something to offer without ever putting in the time to better themselves. A generation of braggarts with nothing to brag about. Put *******s like that into a RWD car w/ a lot of horsepower and they get a well needed dose of reality. The sad thing is, is that they don't learn a lesson from the incident. That's why you hear such lame excuses. These people are so delusional that they believe that the accident couldn't have been a fault of their own, because they're God's gift to the world, that it must be something wrong with the car or a once in a lifetime environmental influence. Rant over.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the base model is dangerous if you dont have experieance handling 300hp rwd sports car, atleast the enthu you get the TSA
Are you speaking from experience or just talking nonsense? My base model has been through 3 winters on stock potenzas. TCS has little to do with anything, and if anything, the addition of VLSD makes the car more dangerous for no driving shipdits. In a nutshell, you're wrong.

The Z is a pretty hard car to wreck if you have any skills/commonsense whatsoever. I've pushed the hell out of my Z and have always managed to keep it on the road and avoid other vehicles.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 PM
phenix

I'd have to completely disagree. The (base) Z is my first RWD car, coming from the RSX-S (ok, ok, let's not pollute this thread with all that bs) and I didn't have any real problems driving in iced over roads in central TX. All it takes is patience. Granted, if I had the choice I would have had something other than stock tires, but for the 0-3 days a year of ice we get here... not worth it.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 PM
black06z

I have not driven in snow before, but I'll take your guys word for it. and I love that line as well.. " I was just driving along and...."
Old 04-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Originally Posted by Tubbs
People had been driving without traction control for decades. Personally, I could do without.

Agreed, but this is a lot of hp for some of the noobs racing, spinning, crashing, and even killing themselves. This is my 4th sports car, but this one in my hands when I was a junior or senior in high school or even in college probably would have killed me too. I was young, indestructible, and thought that I was the one of the greatest drivers in the world. (As most Californians think anyway). These three are a dangerous combination.

My senior year in HS I bought my brother's Fiat 124 Spider (with money that I earned working for 2 years on the Queen Mary-flame preemptive strike), and somehow managed to drive like Mario Andretti without killing myself. While this was a very affordable fun car for it's day, it's no where near a Z in power numbers. (Last preemptive strike for the fix it again Tommy comments I'm about to read.. I loved that car and it had 112,000 miles on it when I traded it in). So there. nyaa.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:44 PM
rlw222

From living most of my life in northern minnesota all I can say is you get used to it. Easy on the power rember you can't stop any better with a 4 wheel drive than you can with 2 wheel drive. The #1 is watch out for the other driver. They will get you every time. I see this living here in the southern black hills . There trying to drive like it's dry . Slow and steady will get you there every time.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:15 AM
alan86

the base is ok
Old 04-24-2007, 04:53 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by black06z
I have not driven in snow before, but I'll take your guys word for it. and I love that line as well.. " I was just driving along and...."

+1
Old 04-24-2007, 05:21 AM
kickerxt

i agree. these wrecks are because people are screwing around with cars they arent capable of driving. notice most of them are very young with little to no experience driving a car like this. its just too much car for inexperienced people. and nobody can admit that they were screwing around. its like "oh my god, my car was just sitting at a red light and it just flipped over. all by itself ". we were all young and did stupid stuff when we got are first car so you arent fooling anyone when you say i wasnt doing anything stupid. i use to tell my parents that and they knew better. also why are so many parents buying this car for their young kids? its not like you look at this car and say you didnt know it was a performance machine. experience is the key here i think.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:45 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the main problem is 20 years of FWD domination.

It has polluted our very way of thinking about how a car should handle, what a car's limitations are and what conditions it can operate under.

For years we have been told "Its FWD, so it goes great in the snow.", to the point that people belive whole-heartedly that driving a RWD in bad weather equals instant death. The Truth of the matter is in the type of tires you use...

We then have a vast majority of the drivers in this country that have ONLY driven FWD vehicles, and even driven them hard. The handling charactaristics of a RWD are completly different, yet everyone expects to hop in a RWD car and drive it like their FWD and exepct the same behavior. WORSE, they think that RWD "Handles so much better" than their FWD and push the car that much harder and get in to trouble.

Basically.. American's have become RWD illiterate.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:24 AM
TheGest

Originally Posted by roast
Are you speaking from experience or just talking nonsense? My base model has been through 3 winters on stock potenzas. TCS has little to do with anything, and if anything, the addition of VLSD makes the car more dangerous for no driving shipdits. In a nutshell, you're wrong.

The Z is a pretty hard car to wreck if you have any skills/commonsense whatsoever. I've pushed the hell out of my Z and have always managed to keep it on the road and avoid other vehicles.
youre nonsense, the majority of people crashing have there VDC off, or the base model go look around, traction control saves your A$$, just because you have the base and drive it carefully when needed doesnt mean everybody does
Old 04-24-2007, 07:02 AM
The HACK

Originally Posted by zipgun
Mabey Nissan can go old school and raise the prices (40-50k) on the next gen Z. We get a better car and at the same time keep out the riff raff.

Serioulsy tho our Z cars are just so accessible nowdays esp how they are priced used.

Not going to even mention the rising insurance cost.
They already make that. It's called a BMW.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:28 AM
blackstealthz

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Because we have young douches like these buying our cars. I will now go stab myself in the eye with a rusty screwdriver.

Attachment 142886
Grab me a screwdriver too i just got depressed looks like the three stooges of malibu most wanted.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:42 AM
gothchick

Can I borrow it when you're done? Thx.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Guy

youre nonsense, the majority of people crashing have there VDC off, or the base model go look around, traction control saves your A$$, just because you have the base and drive it carefully when needed doesnt mean everybody does

Just as I feared. With all these driver "aids" in cars nowadays, we've created a nation of driving hacks, who can't drive without these stupid aids. Jesus H. Christ. No wonder people can't drive anymore.

Quick Reply: Why so many stupid wrecks??