Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

doesnt FEEL as fast?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:26 AM
StylesCD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

back in the day when i rode in my parents honda it felt fast because it rocked so much on the high way
Old 05-14-2007, 11:39 AM
NGZ

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Linear power vs turbo spool. The SRT will feel faster because it has its power come in all at once, the Z on the other hand has a smooth transgression of power.
I feel the same way. Cars with technologies like VTEC or FI might "feel faster" because of the surge of acceleration. Getting into a Z from being in a Honda felt slower to me because I was expecting something to kick in at 4500 rpm, but nothing happened. The Z delivers smooth power.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Richy350Z

I feel the reason the SRT-4 FEELS Fast is because you hear the turbo REAL loud through all gears. I drove a buddies SRT4 and it FELT fast. but I'm sure it was because of the loud *** turbo.

Matter of fact the weirdest thing happened to me this weekend. I was stopped in a light and 2 red SRT4s pulled up on each side. They started reving their engines and showing off the turbo, but when the light turned green... they were both left WAY behind.

You really find out how fast your car is when you race anothe FAST car.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:48 AM
UGOTZ'D

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
Why are there so many fools on here that say RSX is faster than a Z? I got onto this forum late, so what is the ongoing joke about RSX being such a great car? They certainly are not faster than a Z so why does everyone think they are the Sh*t?

IT IS SAID IN THE OLD TESTAMENT IN THE BOOK OF GENESIS THAT GOD CREATED THE RSX IN HIS IMAGE. GOD BEING THE ALIMIGHTY ONE WOULD BE AN RSX-S TYPE R!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 12:18 PM
ezramoore

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Linear power vs turbo spool. The SRT will feel faster because it has its power come in all at once, the Z on the other hand has a smooth transgression of power.
care to define transgression? lol
Old 05-14-2007, 12:26 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Z has very linear power delivery, and that's probably the reason why.
Try driving my car and it'll feel even 'slower' lol
My peak torque comes in at 3500RPM and stays till near redline opposed to 4800RPM of stock Z.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ezramoore
care to define transgression? lol
the action of going beyond or overstepping some boundary or limit
Old 05-14-2007, 01:28 PM
PM-Performance

SRT's feel slow as **** when in them. But then again I rode in one after a short spurt in my Supra on the loley twins. They do decent times, but they arent all that fantastic. Just pretty fast in a straight line. A Z will wopp it in the turns for sure and possibly in a straight line. . . Dunno about the older ones, but an 07 should.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:33 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 05-14-2007, 01:35 PM
rkd350z

Rsx...
Old 05-14-2007, 02:19 PM
howey

Originally Posted by UGOTZ'D
IT IS SAID IN THE OLD TESTAMENT IN THE BOOK OF GENESIS THAT GOD CREATED THE RSX IN HIS IMAGE. GOD BEING THE ALIMIGHTY ONE WOULD BE AN RSX-S TYPE R!!!!!!!!!!
Dude they were hand crafted by Chuck Norris and tested in the wind tunnels of Jack Bauer, utilizing his harsh whispers.

Do you know nothing?!?

RSX FTMFW!!!

Too bad there is an age limit of 16 1/2yoa when purchasing a RSX or I would have bought one...
Old 05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
fr0ng

because the z isnt a cheaply built car, and feels stable and planted to the ground at higher speeds, tricking you to believe that it is going slower, due to how stable it feels.

just like how 80mph in a ferrari feels like 40mph, and 80mph in a cheap 1983 honda civic feels like 100mph
Old 05-14-2007, 02:45 PM
EGP

Wow didn't know we drove such exotics. It's ok to appreciate other cars, really it doesn't take away from you or your car. It's also ok that a cheaply modded 4 banger can be faster than a Z, again that's ok too just breath and you'll get through it. Remember you and your car are different entities therefore something said or implied to it, is not an attack on you. You are more than just your car.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:53 PM
SmokeYoV8

the srt feels faster and is faster than the z. i had a 2004 srt4 and now own a 2004 z. i've raced many 350zs when i was stock and never lost a race from a dig or roll(although the srt pulled much harder from a roll due to its fwd). but the fwd gets old and the z is a better car in the long run, so i ended up with one. when i got the z i felt the difference in accelaration between the 2 cars. they have pretty much the same wheel hp but the z is a lot heavier. the only advantage is the rwd.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:03 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by fr0ng
because the z isnt a cheaply built car, and feels stable and planted to the ground at higher speeds, tricking you to believe that it is going slower, due to how stable it feels.

just like how 80mph in a ferrari feels like 40mph, and 80mph in a cheap 1983 honda civic feels like 100mph
Stability may give you greater confidence so you can go faster, but technically, the higher you sit, the slower the vehicle feels. They've conducted tests and found that the higher you sit, the less accurate your sense of speed becomes. Therefore, you can go faster without realizing that you're going that fast.

Try driving an SUV on the freeway at 80, then switch immediately to a low sports car like a Lotus Elise, and you'll feel like you're going much faster in the Elise, even though you're going the same speed.

Or, for a better example, drive a gokart at 40mph. It'll feel like you're going 80mph.

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/con...2740235~db=all
Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by EGP
Wow didn't know we drove such exotics. It's ok to appreciate other cars, really it doesn't take away from you or your car. It's also ok that a cheaply modded 4 banger can be faster than a Z, again that's ok too just breath and you'll get through it. Remember you and your car are different entities therefore something said or implied to it, is not an attack on you. You are more than just your car.

what are you talking about? the OP was asking why the Z "felt" slow. People were responding it's because of the srt-4's turbo, and the Z's stiff chassis. I would venture to say, not many cars have as stiff as a chassis, btw.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by SmokeYoV8
the srt feels faster and is faster than the z. i had a 2004 srt4 and now own a 2004 z. i've raced many 350zs when i was stock and never lost a race from a dig or roll(although the srt pulled much harder from a roll due to its fwd).

that's because you are too fast and furious for them.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:05 PM
tattride

Originally Posted by EGP

the srt feels faster and is faster than the z. i had a 2004 srt4 and now own a 2004 z. i've raced many 350zs when i was stock and never lost a race from a dig or roll(although the srt pulled much harder from a roll due to its fwd). but the fwd gets old and the z is a better car in the long run, so i ended up with one. when i got the z i felt the difference in accelaration between the 2 cars. they have pretty much the same wheel hp but the z is a lot heavier. the only advantage is the rwd.
they are like some sort of tards...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Richy350Z

I TOTALLY DISAGREE !

SRT4 IS A SLOW POS

END OF THREAD!

Last edited by Richy350Z; 05-14-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:08 PM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EGP

No one said we're driving exotics. If you didnt notice there is a difference in the price tag of the Z and srt-4 and an obvious difference in the build quality. Everyone is just saying that the Z has a better built suspension and chassis making it feel more solid at fast speeds. damn noobs

Quick Reply: doesnt FEEL as fast?