Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

doesnt FEEL as fast?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be nice if the Z weighed a few hundred less. An M3 chased me yesterday, and it can haul (I've driven my friend's M3 as well). That's one efficient motor.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:15 PM
microd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I drive my mom's Honda Civic at 40 miles an hour... I feel like I'm going faster then when I'm doing 80 in my Z.

+1 on the suspension.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by ArCtM
No one said we're driving exotics. If you didnt notice there is a difference in the price tag of the Z and srt-4 and an obvious difference in the build quality. Everyone is just saying that the Z has a better built suspension and chassis making it feel more solid at fast speeds. damn noobs

+1 This is an example of when "witty" attempts at humor go wrong.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:28 PM
fr0ng

Originally Posted by spf4000
Stability may give you greater confidence so you can go faster, but technically, the higher you sit, the slower the vehicle feels. They've conducted tests and found that the higher you sit, the less accurate your sense of speed becomes. Therefore, you can go faster without realizing that you're going that fast.

Try driving an SUV on the freeway at 80, then switch immediately to a low sports car like a Lotus Elise, and you'll feel like you're going much faster in the Elise, even though you're going the same speed.

Or, for a better example, drive a gokart at 40mph. It'll feel like you're going 80mph.

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/con...2740235~db=all

So you're saying I'll feel like i'm going faster in an enzo at 80mph over a ford explorer at 80mph? id think that because the explorer is higher, and has more of a loose suspension, it would feel faster compared to the enzo because of how stable and low it is.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Tubbs

No question I feel like I'm going faster in an SUV than a good car.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by fr0ng
So you're saying I'll feel like i'm going faster in an enzo at 80mph over a ford explorer at 80mph? id think that because the explorer is higher, and has more of a loose suspension, it would feel faster compared to the enzo because of how stable and low it is.
There's a difference between sense of speed versus sense of stability. Speed wise, yes, you'll feel like you're going faster in the Enzo then you would in an Explorer. Empirical data backs this statement.

The loose suspension will make the Explorer feel less stable than the Enzo, for obvious reasons.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
importxracerxr

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by fallenromeo
ok sure guys. I will be afraid of a 4 banger as soon as I see it breathe fire. Stock for stock they are not faster and im not afraid.
FRLDYZPIMPN:
BLASPHEMY!!

haha
Old 05-14-2007, 04:13 PM
PM-Performance

Whats the deal with the RSX stuff in here? Do people get smoked by these things or what? I see every other post about them.
RSX's IMO arent worth crap. I been in them and uninpressed. I had an Integra Type R though and that was a damn cool car. The RSX is to bleh.

Anyway , I will agree you feel slower then you are in these. I think so far every time I looked at my speedo im doing 60-80 in residential areas and dont even realize it
Old 05-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by spf4000
There's a difference between sense of speed versus sense of stability. Speed wise, yes, you'll feel like you're going faster in the Enzo then you would in an Explorer. Empirical data backs this statement.

The loose suspension will make the Explorer feel less stable than the Enzo, for obvious reasons.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I've driven so many types of vehicles, and the height doesn't make one thing "seem" faster than the other.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:22 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by Tubbs
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I've driven so many types of vehicles, and the height doesn't make one thing "seem" faster than the other.
Well, several research says otherwise. I dunno what to tell ya.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:24 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by PM-Performance
Whats the deal with the RSX stuff in here? Do people get smoked by these things or what? I see every other post about them.
RSX's IMO arent worth crap. I been in them and uninpressed. I had an Integra Type R though and that was a damn cool car. The RSX is to bleh.

Anyway , I will agree you feel slower then you are in these. I think so far every time I looked at my speedo im doing 60-80 in residential areas and dont even realize it
You just don't get it...RSX is the god of all cars.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 PM
kdogg24

The Z "feels" slower because it's built for speed. A solid suspension system really helps the car feel solid. Like others have been saying, the fast feeling comes from the car shaking, rattling, etc, the Z just doesn't do that, but it's still hauling ***!
Old 05-14-2007, 04:35 PM
bigbombula

The 350z feels slow in stock form because of the heavy stock flywheel. After going to a lightened flywheel and performance clutch the car seems much faster even though it really is not. The other obvious reason is that is a solid piece of machinery unlike the neon.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:53 PM
blktrack350

Originally Posted by SmokeYoV8
the srt feels faster and is faster than the z. i had a 2004 srt4 and now own a 2004 z. i've raced many 350zs when i was stock and never lost a race from a dig or roll(although the srt pulled much harder from a roll due to its fwd). but the fwd gets old and the z is a better car in the long run, so i ended up with one. when i got the z i felt the difference in accelaration between the 2 cars. they have pretty much the same wheel hp but the z is a lot heavier. the only advantage is the rwd.
and me when i was stock have raced about 5 or 6 srt-4's 2 of which where at the track both decently modded and both on slicks and i walked them. i was running high 13's and they where running low to mid 14's
Old 05-14-2007, 05:21 PM
FALLEN1z

y is it that it seems like not one thread can get started on this site without people *****ing at each other??? this is nothing to fight about. say it's the height diffreance, say it's a weight differance, say it's a suspension differance. who gives a ****? there's no need for people to be attacking what everyone says
Old 05-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by FALLEN1z
y is it that it seems like not one thread can get started on this site without people *****ing at each other??? this is nothing to fight about. say it's the height diffreance, say it's a weight differance, say it's a suspension differance. who gives a ****? there's no need for people to be attacking what everyone says

Why is it that people keep coming into threads thinking they are saviors by telling people the errors of their ways?

Here in real-life... Nobody is attacking anybody. It's called a discussion. People voice their opinions during discussions. During a discussion it is not a requirement to agree with everyone else.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
neeferea

Originally Posted by PM-Performance

You did not just say that!!! RSX is a true sports car
Old 05-14-2007, 06:01 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by Tubbs
Why is it that people keep coming into threads thinking they are saviors by telling people the errors of their ways?

Here in real-life... Nobody is attacking anybody. It's called a discussion. People voice their opinions during discussions. During a discussion it is not a requirement to agree with everyone else.
maybe it's because i dont see the point in internet brawling. ur being a jackass for no reason. i dont think im a savior, i just dont see y every thread ends up in a heated battle for "who's right".

i didnt even tell u kids to stop internet brawling, i just asked y. i dont really care if you continue to do so, i was just curious y
Old 05-14-2007, 06:02 PM
GG06Si

i want to see a SRT do suzuka

Quick Reply: doesnt FEEL as fast?