Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I want to drive a 350z Sooooo bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:55 PM
trackpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2003DropTopGT
However, no matter what the case, be prepared to talk to the dealer a lot afterwards... unless you like looking like an ***hole and just leaving right away.
Man that's the part i hate about test driving cars! But during the test drive i'll also say that i'm looking at such and such other car and that i'm about to go test drive them as well. That way they know your not going to buy today and not waste your time going inside!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:57 PM
trackpilot

Originally Posted by Mewantbfp
Good luck. You could also find an ad on autotrader near you and go test drive it with a private owner.
That would be total di*k if you did that. Because when i'm selling a car and someone calls to want to see it i make time to be home and make sure that i wash it just before they get there to see it.
Dealers on the otherhand don't care and you'll only be wasting 10 minutes of their time, of which i'm sure they wouldn't be doing anything else...
Old 05-16-2007, 07:04 PM
chopperman

Quote:
Good luck. You could also find an ad on autotrader near you and go test drive it with a private owner.

That would be total di*k if you did that. Because when i'm selling a car and someone calls to want to see it i make time to be home and make sure that i wash it just before they get there to see it.
Dealers on the otherhand don't care and you'll only be wasting 10 minutes of their time, of which i'm sure they wouldn't be doing anything else...

Definatly would never do that. I would hate if that would happen to me. I was thinking, Mabe if I go in there and be like "I am really torn between the 350z and the g35" Then Ill state some things that I like about the 350 that the g35 doesnt have and then Ill say some stuff that the g35 has but the 350 doesnt. Ill try to make it seem like its a really tough decision for me. I would think they would let me test drive it then. Ill go with my parents also.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:13 PM
secretagent1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trackpilot
+1...but, tbh...I did that with more than one 911 private seller when I was in my 20's. If you have an addiction, you'll do what it takes to feed it. On that note...the Ferrari F430 is mindblowing.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:15 PM
secretagent1

Originally Posted by chopperman
Definatly would never do that. I would hate if that would happen to me. I was thinking, Mabe if I go in there and be like "I am really torn between the 350z and the g35" Then Ill state some things that I like about the 350 that the g35 doesnt have and then Ill say some stuff that the g35 has but the 350 doesnt. Ill try to make it seem like its a really tough decision for me. I would think they would let me test drive it then. Ill go with my parents also.
Don't do the g35 vs. 350z gig. I did it legitimately when I was choosing between the two. That's when they sit you down and start negotiating.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:22 PM
trackpilot

Originally Posted by secretagent1
+1...but, tbh...I did that with more than one 911 private seller when I was in my 20's. If you have an addiction, you'll do what it takes to feed it. On that note...the Ferrari F430 is mindblowing.
Yeah actually i did it all the time when i was between 15-17 looking at 5.0's. I feel really bad for it now. But OMFG i loved those cars back then!!!! And i ended up buying one as my first car!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:24 PM
secretagent1

Originally Posted by trackpilot
Yeah actually i did it all the time when i was between 15-17 looking at 5.0's. I feel really bad for it now. But OMFG i loved those cars back then!!!! And i ended up buying one as my first car!
Lol...do as we say...not as we did.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Iconoclast1

Originally Posted by chopperman

you're thinking WAY too far into this.

Find a 350z at a dealer nearby and take one of your parents with you (need to be 18 to test drive without an adult present). When you get there tell the salesman which Z you want to test drive, he will then ask to see (and make a photocopy of) your drivers license and get the keys.

You will take it for a spin and hes gonna be throwing random bull**** that sounds appealing to you (you will immediately realize that he knows nothing about this car) , like "this car is very fast" and "it handles very well". He/She will ask you if you plan on making the purchase today, to which you will reply something along the lines of 'I would like to but it all depends on what my mom says', if you give him hope that he can make the sale today he will let you continue driving the car, if you tell him you dont then he wont give you much of a ride.

When you get back to the dealership, tell your parents how much you like it and such. Your mom or dad will then say thats good but we have to keep looking at other cars.

Thats it, simple as pie.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Mewantbfp

Originally Posted by Iconoclast1

Find a 350z at a dealer nearby and take one of your parents with you (need to be 18 to test drive without an adult present). When you get there tell the salesman which Z you want to test drive, he will then ask to see (and make a photocopy of) your drivers license and get the keys.

You will take it for a spin and hes gonna be throwing random bull**** that sounds appealing to you (you will immediately realize that he knows nothing about this car) , like "this car is very fast" and "it handles very well". He/She will ask you if you plan on making the purchase today, to which you will reply something along the lines of 'I would like to but it all depends on what my mom says', if you give him hope that he can make the sale today he will let you continue driving the car, if you tell him you dont then he wont give you much of a ride.

When you get back to the dealership, tell your parents how much you like it and such. Your mom or dad will then say thats good but we have to keep looking at other cars.

Thats it, simple as pie.
+1 do this i did it with an m3 a couple years ago, works well
Old 05-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Peak350

+1 do this i did it with an m3 a couple years ago, works well
Right before christmas is a great time to test out BMW's, 335 and M3 both, told the salesman my mom and dad were getting me a christmas present..that was a load of crap.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:14 AM
chopperman

Thats it, simple as pie.

GOOD Idea, Ill tell them it will be a birthday present
Old 05-17-2007, 04:03 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro194
What do you drive? Did your parents purchase it?
To Cash$ STFU!! And the day I get jealous of a 17 y/o who still lists his source of income as "Dad's Wallet" is pretty much the day I die.

To Camaro194:
I've owned a 1988 Chevy Nova - first car paid for by yours truly
a 1992 Nissan Sentra- ditto
a 1997 Toyota Corrolla - ditto again
a 2005 350Z- ditto x3
Old 05-17-2007, 05:38 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by nothingremains
grow up..i bet you wont even be able to afford one...ive heard so many stories of "Oh im gonna buy a Z" and then you talk to them a few weeks later after they price them, and all you hear is "Oh I changed my mind, I dont want one anymore" meaning they couldnt afford it!
Lol! Funny, but true. Quoted for Truth~
Old 05-17-2007, 05:57 AM
kyoeyes

to the OP, do you drive? more importantly do you drive manual? If you want to drive an automatic Z or even test drive a manual one thats fine but if you plan on buying one I would not suggest it as your first car as you may find yourself in a **** hole if anything happens. Not saying don't have a nice car but unless you drive like a ***** and are very responsible and I dont mean either I mean BOTH, than I highly recommend not to, on a serious side.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:17 AM
BlackJack

Why not find a driving school that features the 350Z as their track cars?Not a driving school that teaches racing skills,but one that just teaches basic safe driving and handling.It sounds like a great 18th birthday gift from your parents- to me(as a parent) something they would jump on.They may even be willing to co-sign if they feel you won't kill yourself in it. The only problem with driving it is that you will want to keep on driving it! Serious withdrawals will ensue,sleepness nights dreaming and scheming on how to get one.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Kegsbane

Who the **** gets a new M3 for a birthday present when they're 17?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:30 AM
chopperman

Ive been driving for 2 years now, I started when I was 16 and now im gonna be 18 in 3 days. Im not saying that im gonna buy one now. Im saying that Im despreate to drive one. I bought my first truck when I was 16(chevy s10) WITH MY OWN MONEY. I then sold that and bought a manual mazda protege 5, again with my own money. That is what Im driving currently. My parents dont pay for anything that I want. They try to pay for it but I dont let them. Yeh that might sound like im a really good kid, but thats how I do it. Im gonna go with my mom or dad on monday to go drive one.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
A lot of kids that i know. I know how idiotic that sounds, but i know A LOT of kids that did in high school at 16-17.
On a side note for the OP, the Z drives SOOOOO nice. The power and the handling...
Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

There's a fairly new thread about stealing a Z.. you might want to look in to that too.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
Yeah, I certainly didn't, and I'm 21 anyway - but the salesman doesn't need to know that if all I'm doing is driving the car.

BMW salesman know their customers don't buy a car on the spot, Nissan salesman know if they don't close fast - they probably won't make the sale.

Quick Reply: I want to drive a 350z Sooooo bad