Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New to the forum, have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 12:35 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-T
I cross shopped the STI. A bit more $ than the Neon, but just about as fast. Once you drive a perfectly balanced, RWD Z, you'll see the #'s even an STI can produce means nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love a fast car (and the Z IS fast, don't kid yourself), but the Z FEELS like a true no compromise sports car. At 1/2 the price, you're getting a car that can do the same lap times as an E46 M3. I know because it was another car I was cross shopping. $ for $, nothing could touch the Z (and it's brand spanking new!).
Just about as fast? LMAO... an STi/STI would DESTROY an SRT 4. And it costs $10k+ more than an SRT 4. Now if you mean WRX, I understand.

There's cars around the same price that can eat an M3's *** on a road course BTW.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:50 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by danisr1
if you are 18 and want to start modding a Z you better have some money or wealthy parents. bolt on mods are more than most cars and dont add much power. F/I Z is a blast, but not a cheap hobby. for a stock car the Z is a good ride, to get more power will cost you.
+1....
HiHo_Silver350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love my Z but the pull you get from a evo/sti is so awesome. you can't feel it in a stock z but regardless, like someone said earlier, it's actually moving faster than it feels.
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Too many other differences to call it just a Neon with a turbo.
Call it like I see it. If it Looks, Smells, and tastes like a neon. Is it not a neon?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:52 PM
bboypuertoroc

Besides the turbo, you got the engine, tranny, brakes, suspension, body mods, different interior pieces (not all of them, of course) etc. That's a much bigger chunk than just the turbo.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Z-T

Just about as fast? LMAO... an STi/STI would DESTROY an SRT 4. And it costs $10k+ more than an SRT 4. Now if you mean WRX, I understand.

There's cars around the same price that can eat an M3's *** on a road course BTW.
I stand corrected - the STI is faster (I was thinking WRX - which I once owned). As for the M3 comment, I'm not so sure. Which cars are you thinking? The M3 consistently has incredibly fast track times. The Z times I've seen are almost identical.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:59 PM
z-u-later

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
Call it like I see it. If it Looks, Smells, and tastes like a neon. Is it not a neon?
You can call it whatever you want - SRT-4, Neon -- it's still a freakin' Dodge!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by Z-T
I stand corrected - the STI is faster (I was thinking WRX - which I once owned). As for the M3 comment, I'm not so sure. Which cars are you thinking? The M3 consistently has incredibly fast track times. The Z times I've seen are almost identical.
No prob.

One car comes to mind for me... Evo IX. RS, GSR, MR... doesn't matter.The Evo got beat by an '07 Z on a road course (VIR) once, but has never lost any other time (there was brake fade present for some reason (guessing brakes didn't get properly broken in before throwing it on the track) and the better tires the Z now comes with).

I'll have to dig through some of my stuff at home... I got some vids of Evo's (stock) handing M3's their asses on tracks.

Tony (maybe by 'cars' I meant 'car'... just trying not to start an Evo vs. all thing)

*EDIT* By any other time, I mean previous Z's... I haven't seen anything else regarding the '07 Z's.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:04 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by z-u-later
You can call it whatever you want - SRT-4, Neon -- it's still a freakin' Dodge!!!
So is a Viper.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I may be alone in my this opinion, but I feel the Z is a more refined vehicle. Granted, SRT's may be fast and easily modified, but I feel it's a vehicle for a younger generation. With that being said, for a young man starting out in the car enthusiast world it's perfect. Low priced and mods are more affordable than other vehicles such as the Z. In my time, the car to have was the 1993 thru 1995 civic. Of course back 12 or 13 years ago turbos were not as widely used as they are in todays cars, but never the less this was the preferable choice of vehicle a young car enthusiast started out with. It was perfect: inexpensive and mods were moderately priced.

As we mature our taste change, as well as what we likely envision ourselves driving. With this change in vehicle taste, also comes a price tag. Price increase equals less bang for you buck, but that's all part of the game. 10 to 15 years from now I'll see myself in a new ball game with a step up from the Z. The cycle starts all over. What 20k in mods would get me on a Z, may only be chump change in comparison to what small purchasing power 20k would get you on a Porsche.

The moral of the story: Live within your means, afford what you can, have a good time doing it, and don't compare apples to oranges.

Last edited by VO...; 05-30-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:38 PM
HiHo_Silver350

Originally Posted by vo7848
I may be alone in my this opinion, but I feel the Z is a more refined vehicle. Granted, SRT's may be fast and easily modified, but I feel it's a vehicle for a younger generation. With that being said, for a young man starting out in the car enthusiast world it's perfect. Low priced and mods are more affordable than other vehicles such as the Z. In my time, the car to have was the 1993 thru 1995 civic. Of course back 12 or 13 years ago turbos were not as widely used as they are in todays cars, but never the less this was the preferable choice of vehicle a young car enthusiast started out with. It was perfect: inexpensive and mods were moderately priced.

As we mature our taste change, as well as what we likely envision ourselves driving. With this change in vehicle taste, also comes a price tag. Price increase equals less bang for you buck, but that's all part of the game. 10 to 15 years from now I'll see myself in a new ball game with a step up from the Z. The cycle starts all over. What 20k in mods would get me on a Z, may only be chump change in comparison to what small purchasing power 20k would get you on a Porsche.

The moral of the story: Live within you means, afford what you can, have a good time doing it, and don't compare apples to oranges.
Well said. i'm looking forward to my aston martin myself.

APPLES > ORANGE
Old 05-30-2007, 08:56 PM
srt4turbo1

There's cars around the same price that can eat an M3's *** on a road course BTW
Ive beat a brand new STI in my srt from a 40 and a 60 roll. Srt-4 hav like 0 turbo lag. But from a Dig, your right they would kill me.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:38 AM
z-u-later

So is a Viper.
The topic is about a Dodge Neon, just to get you back on topic.

BTW, at the end of the day, you own a Mitsubishi. There is no hiding that fact, jack! A 4-door sedan!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:15 AM
srt4turbo1

BTW, at the end of the day, you own a Mitsubishi. There is no hiding that fact, jack! A 4-door sedan!
not tryin to start **** here, but dont give the srt that hard of a time. stock to stock the little neon is quicker then your 2 door sports car.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:21 AM
bboypuertoroc

Why would you waste everyone in this threads time with your worthless posts? You said...
... like Dodges are weaksauce. You made it about Dodge... not about Dodge Neons specifically.

And now you bring more insults aimed at me into a thread that was going perfectly fine.

So how about YOU get back on the topic you were never on or GTFO. I'm pretty damn sick of your constant insulting bull****. Stop following me around like a lost little puppy.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by srt4turbo1
not tryin to start **** here, but dont give the srt that hard of a time. stock to stock the little neon is quicker then your 2 door sports car.
Don't mind him... he has nothing constructive to add to any threads here.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:23 AM
z-u-later

I'm not following you around. This is a 350Z forum. You own a Mitsubishi 4-door sedan. You are the lurker. Get over it, boy!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:24 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by srt4turbo1
Ive beat a brand new STI in my srt from a 40 and a 60 roll. Srt-4 hav like 0 turbo lag. But from a Dig, your right they would kill me.
What year? I know the '07's are much better up top than the previous years. Better gearing and a better turbo... I really don't see an SRT 4 keeping up with one (stock, anyways).
Old 05-31-2007, 09:26 AM
bboypuertoroc

I'm not following you around. This is a 350Z forum. You own a Mitsubishi 4-door sedan. You are the lurker. Get over it, boy!
Wow... you talk **** about a 4-door sedan when your "sports car" is putting down 252rwhp and 224rwtq... real impressive. For real, I'm tired of your ****.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:26 AM
srt4turbo1

What year? I know the '07's are much better up top than the previous years. Better gearing and a better turbo... I really don't see an SRT 4 keeping up with one (stock, anyways).
ya my bad i think it was an 06. but it had like 1,200 miles on it.

Quick Reply: New to the forum, have a few questions.