Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My first car accident

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
bacalhau16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that sucks. Hopefully everything works out for you. Insurance can be a pain in the A** sometimes though. Good luck!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by myZter
i know it will be waste of money but after you fix your car sell it and get another. like you said it wont feel the same.
WOW !!! Not, everyone has extra money to throw around like this. That would cost him a bit. Trading it in would save some of the taxes but, he'd still be hit with depreciation of $4-5K depending on his options. Then, I think the dealership would know and not give him that much etc... So, he could be out 6-7K imo. Of course, you don't know until you try. But, I couldn't stand losing that much in the first year.

I'd say get it fixed, don't tell anyone. No one will know until you sell it and that might be 5-10 years down the road.

Just enjoy your ride. That type of damage should not change the ride etc of the car. If it does ... take it back to the shop and have them get it right!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by One Quick Z
The problem is that when you get a new panel, it stands a good chance of having paint problems in the future. This is because the old panel will have to be cut away from the unibody and a new one welded on. The welds will rust over time and cause the paint to start peeling.

Make sure you get some kind of warranty on the work done from the body shop for 3-5yrs at least.

A good estimated cost of fixing that panel with a new one will be 2800-3800. If you also get a new rim and tire tack on another 1000.
If you or the insured has Allstate go to their repair shop. They warantee the repair for life. That's what I do. I think there are other insurance companies out there doing this. Ask your insurance company and the other guys insurance company if they have such a list of repair shops.
You'll be good to go. I'd had a few panels repaired and repainted in my life.
If you get a good shop ... You'll never know the difference.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:06 AM
weak 350z

Originally Posted by n1sm0r
Rear Quarter panels are part of the body on nissans, so you need to find a junked 350, have the rear panel cut out, and welded onto your car.
NO NOT BONDO THAT. I would never put a single drop of bondo on my car, I'd rather have the dents popped. If you can find overfenders for the rear, that would be the easiest route to go.

Nissan sells rear quarters. They used one on my car. Your car will be fine. The only reason you could tell my quarter was replaced, is that i didn't have the door jamb sticker. (drivers side)
Old 09-18-2007, 05:08 AM
joselito76

I alredy contact his insurance company and they are working on it.I am planing to keep the car for another 4 or 5 years ,so I will wait until is time to sell to worry about the value drop,but for now I will keep enjoy my car.Thank to every one.I still ****.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:18 AM
joselito76

Default insurance company

I am working with a company call Phoenix indemnity insurance those any one work with this company before or hear about it.I got USAA but I dont want to go with my company.Thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 05:31 AM
thrill350z

something similar happened to a friend and it cost him $5,000 to repair
Old 09-18-2007, 05:55 AM
joselito76

The edge by the door handle was scratch and bend a little bit ,should I ask for a brand new door?.I hear that in Texas you should get the money for everything that was damage and the cost of the rapairs.Just asking
Old 09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
zeekle

most likely they will just replace the handle and fix any scratches

There are some advantages of going through your insurance. If the wreck is not your fault it will not affect your insurance.

Also the repairs will be done to the standard of your company not the company of the person that hit you. This can be a huge change. It will cost you some money on the front end (your deductable) however that will be refunded to you after the two insurance companies "settle up"

Last edited by zeekle; 09-18-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by zeekle
most likely they will just replace the handle and fix any scratches

There are some advantages of going through your insurance. If the wreck is not your fault it will not affect your insurance.

Also the repairs will be done to the standard of your company not the company of the person that hit you. This can be a huge change. It will cost you some money on the front end (your deductable) however that will be refunded to you after the two insurance companies "settle up"
I agree 100% with this statement and USAA is a great company to go with.
Dad had multiple wrecks/totals in his car and they didn't have any issues.

Here's a picture AFTER it was totalled and repaired. He just loved that car.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:26 PM
joselito76

Weak 350Z ,I see that you door was hit to.Do you get a new door orthey just fix it.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Daytona350Texas

Only thing I suggest... daytona is not the easiest color to color match on the hatch, door, etc. MAKE SURE THEY DO IT THE WAY YOU WANT IT. My rear quarter had to be repainted and its a little deeper and has more flake in it. My father had it done while I was out of town on a job, I came back and told him it didnt match, he said it will be fine. I was PISSED. Now im gonna have to for a couple hundred more for my friend to respray quarter/hatch to blend a lot better