Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Master Shake

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the dealer is trying to sell you new tires and/or brakes, or tells you your front tire wear is related to your driving style -- pick another dealer.

They make much more money selling you new tires and/or brake packages, compared to just doing a proper front alignment! Now maybe you know their cu$tomer $ervice prioritie$.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:40 PM
ZL1CIOUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol.. you asked for it.. .. what a creative bunch..
Old 03-07-2008, 12:58 PM
07roadster

well i am hoping that i wont have to go through a lot with them.. I am hoping the mngr looks at it and says new tires and alignment under warranty.. A car with as few miles as i have should not have this problem.. I have read all the other threads and this is rediculous..
Old 03-07-2008, 01:06 PM
PM-Performance

Could be alignment or could be driving habits.
Ive worn tires like that due to driving habits.
Have them check the alignment. If its off, they should fix it for free as the miles are not enuff where it should be off.
If its not, then youll likely be footing the bill for the alignment check and the tires.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:28 PM
07roadster

i drive really conservatively... coming from luxury cars i tend to forget im driving a sports car..... so i doubt it is that... all my driving is highway.. no twisties or anything.... I actually remember starting to hear the noise when i first bought the car but then it was only when i would be turning into a parking spot... so it may be a defective tire.. i noticed some noise at as low as 500 miles.. but kinda disreguarded it as it was only when turning slowly...and it was only when i had it turned all the way.. i am assuming that is when all the weight was on the inside of the tire tread... im gonna fight this if they refuse.. i dont think there should be any problems with this few miles.. guess i shoulda got the vette.. but im sure they too have their fair share of problems..
Old 03-08-2008, 09:37 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by 06dieselZ
you need to do a complete tire flush dude
Do you think he needs to flush them or just rotate the air in his tires??

Dude, its a ZR. like someone said before, you will hear a lot more road and engine noise.

Just enjoy the car and dont be so **** about it. Dont worry until you start to see rubber flying off of the wheels.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:38 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Gotta vette?? you chose a Z over a vette??
Old 03-08-2008, 09:54 PM
07roadster

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
Gotta vette?? you chose a Z over a vette??
essentially because of price... there is a big difference.. could have bought the vette but chose the z for the price.. and for the fact that i have wanted a z for a long time..
Old 03-08-2008, 09:56 PM
07roadster

i am very picky about my cars.... i spend so much money on them .. i want them to function they way they are supposed to.. is that wrong??
Old 03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
07roadster

Ok.. well the dealer where i bought my car ticks me off.. the service manager said.. that it is normal for this car to feather.. every car feathers and i just have to live with the noise it is normal that he would ck the alignment for me but that is it.. I got ticked... i ended up leaving i called nissan they said to go to call bridgestone.. they said it is because of a misalignment and they wouldnt replace the tire for that.. so i took to the nissan dealer by my house.. they are much nicer.. the guys seems like he really wants to help.. they actually acknowledged that the z's have had problems with this in the past... the other dealer wouldnt even do that.. i am taking it in tomorrow to get the alignment checked and fixed under warranty and they are hopefull that nissan will replace the tires since it has so few miles and shouldnt be this way... obviously was not in line when i bought it.. as i started hearing something around 1000 miles but it wasnt noticible.. the dealer i bought it at tried to even use that against me saying why didnt i bring it in then. i told them because i could barely hear it and it only did it in turns... AHHHHH.. hope all goes well tomorrow... im sure it will...
Old 03-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Denum

Good luck
Old 03-11-2008, 09:28 AM
07roadster

WELL!!! Just got a call from the dealer near my house... It is all going to be replaced under warranty.. Tires and they will put the car back in correct alignment.... Thanks for the advice about taking to a different dealer.. In my case that is what it took... Bad news gotta wait till tomorrow for tires because they have to order them... But hey its free of charge...
Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

there is nothing like getting something free from the dealer...congrats
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Fletch69z

Congrats on the fix. It's too bad that half the replies in this thread were garbage and not helpful. At least you seem to have a good sense of humor about it. What ever happened to us trying to help out fellow Z members? I don't even post much anymore because of how much garbage there is in every thread but I wish we could be a little more helpful as a community. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:01 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

eh um... i guess I am guilty of that .. my apologies OP.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 PM
07roadster

oh its cool.. i try not to sweat the small stuff. somtimes a little humor can do some good...

I am just glad i am getting it fixed.. and i do appreciate the advice about taking it to a different dealer.. After dealing with this... It is my assumption that "NISSAN" will do what the Service Manager pushes for.. If the service manager doesnt want to help you then you wont get much support from Nissan.. .. Landers Nissan in Southaven was Great!! I will be going there for all future services..

Thanks guys..
Old 03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
stu8319

Not only is everyone posting garbage, but they're posting old jokes that weren't that funny to begin with.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:40 PM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

If the tire's inner edge height varies (besides the space between the treads obviously), doesn't that sound like feathering/cupping that earlier Z models had?

EDIT - I only read page one before replying (because I figured page 2 would just be more nonsense). Glad you got it fixed!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:34 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Price AND reliability!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:37 AM
MRfire

It'll just come back again........best cure is aftermarket wheels

Quick Reply: Noise