MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   purchasing a 08 MB 350z tom. (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/353109-purchasing-a-08-mb-350z-tom.html)

$teven370GT 04-18-2008 09:56 PM

purchasing a 08 MB 350z tom.

hey guys sorry about this post but im purchasing a 08 350z tom. and had a few questions. i have been wanting this car forever and don't know why i leased a g37, but anyways i worked my ass off and basically blowing it all on this car to buy instead of lease so i want to ask some questions about preferences and whatnot.

the model i'm getting is enthusiast, but im not sure if i like the spoiler they put on there or if i should just leave it plain suggestions on this would be greatly apprec. i was also wondering if anyone got the nismo catback exhuast from nissan if so does it sound better than stock? im hoping it sounds like stock in person but a little louder and better. the catback exhuast is what i'm having trouble deciding on since its like 1200, but don't get me wrong i want my car to sound perfect since im going to be driving it for 6 years haha. i'm not looking into any other exhuast since i like the stock but do want it to be louder and was hoping you guys could answer the question since i've only heard sound clips and can't imagine the sound fully. if i could get as much input on these topics it would help me out a lot since this is going to be my first Z. im going to be getting te37 diamond black on my black im very excited hollllaaaa! well my post won't be this gay after i recieve my 350z lol i promise. i'm just nervous since my savings are taking a big UFC chuck liddel punch in the face. :icon14: can't wait to be part of the Z community peace out guys!

Chaser720 04-19-2008 04:41 PM

S E A R C H

And i would leave spoiler as is.
Nismo catback is a bit louder than stock with the same tone but you really pay for it.
Rims are good but pricey.

Basicly if you got the money then do it but your plans require a good bit of cash on a brand new car.

carlili4190 04-19-2008 04:55 PM

i just got an 07 enthusiast today with the Nismo exhaust and it is amazing its not to loud and its perfect!

Tac-M 04-19-2008 05:03 PM

get the cheapest BASE model you can, and then come back here :D

you will have alot more fun that way.

here is my base a year later...

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...tacm/zwall.jpg

Teufel 04-19-2008 06:09 PM

That is my FAVORITE looking Z.

HOWEVER!

You need some red Brakes + slotted rotors for perfection. Maybe red lug nuts and red VOLK stickers

davidv 04-19-2008 07:46 PM

You are rambling incoherently. Must be excited.

Tac-M 04-19-2008 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by opathal
That is my FAVORITE looking Z.

HOWEVER!

You need some red Brakes + slotted rotors for perfection. Maybe red lug nuts and red VOLK stickers

bbk is on the list. red or black

red lugs... rice / why ? i have rays black ....

stickers - hell no !!!

and if that bird would take the cash register .... that would be funny :D

illjim69 04-19-2008 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by $teven370GT
hey guys sorry about this post but im purchasing a 08 350z tom. and had a few questions. i have been wanting this car forever and don't know why i leased a g37, but anyways i worked my ass off and basically blowing it all on this car to buy instead of lease so i want to ask some questions about preferences and whatnot.

the model i'm getting is enthusiast, but im not sure if i like the spoiler they put on there or if i should just leave it plain suggestions on this would be greatly apprec. i was also wondering if anyone got the nismo catback exhuast from nissan if so does it sound better than stock? im hoping it sounds like stock in person but a little louder and better. the catback exhuast is what i'm having trouble deciding on since its like 1200, but don't get me wrong i want my car to sound perfect since im going to be driving it for 6 years haha. i'm not looking into any other exhuast since i like the stock but do want it to be louder and was hoping you guys could answer the question since i've only heard sound clips and can't imagine the sound fully. if i could get as much input on these topics it would help me out a lot since this is going to be my first Z. im going to be getting te37 diamond black on my black im very excited hollllaaaa! well my post won't be this gay after i recieve my 350z lol i promise. i'm just nervous since my savings are taking a big UFC chuck liddel punch in the face. :icon14: can't wait to be part of the Z community peace out guys!

congrats!

black is the best color IMO. the stock spoiler isn't bad, better than some others ive seen.

as for exhaust, i love the Injen. sounds great and looks even better. i wouldn't pay 1200 for a Nismo when you can get the Injen for 200 bucks less.

jim

ninor 04-19-2008 11:42 PM

good luck man! I got my 08 MB enthusiast on 4/10 and I so far have 480 miles on it.... can't wait 'till 1,200 so I drive it like I stole it... I haven't gone over 4,000 RPM yet but damn it's pulling nicely in every gear compared to my 06 TL....

also, Tac-M nice rims... those are my dream rims... I am saving up for them :)

but I'm having hard time deciding between red lip and black lip with blue lugnuts like russ has.. hmm..

Tac-M 04-20-2008 06:01 AM

^ ha ha ! hundah haz no powah ! ( until vee-tek kicks in yo ! LOL )

$teven370GT 04-20-2008 03:25 PM

haha well thanks for all the info guys i have to wait til my car arrives on may19th and i can't wait. tac-m you have great taste! thats exactly how i want my car to look, but im worried on what offsets to get and the price of te37's and where to get them. i don't wanna have any problems with rubbing or and fender rolling. btw what % tint do you have on your windows and also you headlights? I NEEED THOSEEEE TE37's SOO HAWT WANNNAA TOUCH THE HINEY owOOOOOOOOOO. i wish they made TIME attacks with a sick blue trim. thanks for help guys peace. i can't wait to post pics. the problem i'm having is mostly picking the exhaust and rims and offsets and no rubbing. i heard if you add lowering springs it will kill your shocks and i definately don't want that happening since i'm buying the car. correct me if i'm wrong thanks guys please help =] so i can have a dope car like tac-m

davidv 07-01-2008 09:48 AM

So how do you like the ride?

blck350 07-01-2008 03:40 PM

if you get nismo it sound better but after about 5 days you will want louder

so if you can find a better exhaust for cheaper than nismo plus hfc then ide say go with whatever you found

yogipower 07-02-2008 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tac-M
get the cheapest BASE model you can, and then come back here :D

you will have alot more fun that way.

here is my base a year later...

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...tacm/zwall.jpg

base? u meant the best? =)

nice car!

Brrcats 07-03-2008 04:14 AM

who's tom?

sintaxeror 07-03-2008 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Brrcats
who's tom?

ever been on myspace?

AndreZ Cadena 07-03-2008 10:04 AM

what the **** is MB? PM me because ill probably never go in this thread again.

:poke:

ncparamedic 07-03-2008 10:34 AM

MB FTW :D

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...2/100_0439.jpg

Brrcats 07-03-2008 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by sintaxeror
ever been on myspace?

ahhhhh, yes, that tom. didnt know he was on the forum

ncparamedic 07-03-2008 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Brrcats
ahhhhh, yes, that tom. didnt know he was on the forum

I thought he meant tom(orrow) :icon17: