MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Looks like Mrgrantsr didn't like his Z.... (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/3777-looks-like-mrgrantsr-didnt-like-his-z.html)

mattyZ 08-20-2002 06:58 PM

Looks like Mrgrantsr didn't like his Z....

Audiworld Link

Well I have a 2002 Audi A4 3.0 as well, but I think he is a little off base here...I'm sure the Z's interior is not going to be on par with Audi's, but hey, not many cars are. Audi is known for having best in class interior. And as for the speed comment, my 3.0 is nice on the highway, but there is no way it can hang with a Z!!!

mdouvris 08-20-2002 07:09 PM

An A4?

It is obvious that this person has no idea about sports cars. My lord! This guy needs to put the pipe down! His A4 feels faster???? He needs to keep the Audi.

acid burn 08-20-2002 07:21 PM

He probably doesn't like or isn't used to the linear throttle response of the Z. Anyone know how good/bad this is for the Audi?

I know that on the beater I'm driving until my Z gets here has really shitty throttle response. It's an Oldsmobile and the response is not linear at all. Oh! But it feels so powerful off the line! Oh yeah, but it runs out of steam after 100 feet! With the Z's linear throttle response, it will feel sluggish if you drive it like other crap mobiles. Once you know that you can put your foot into it and keep getting more and more power back, you'll get the hang of it and you won't feel sluggish any more!

I can't wait, I haven't had linear throttle response for years! Although VTEC kept me sane in the mean time.:p

mattyZ 08-20-2002 07:28 PM

Actually I have a 2002 Audi A4 3.0 V6 and the throttle response is very linear. It is super smooth throughout the range, and is awesome on the highway. Infact, I am expecting the Z to be much the same except to have much more power throughout. That's one of the main reasons I am so excited about getting a Z, no turbo lag, just constant linear power delivered throughout the throttle range!

John 08-20-2002 07:47 PM

Re: An A4?

A4 feeling faster? bwhahahaha...

Zinjn 08-20-2002 08:08 PM

too bad

I can’t believe this guy is disappointed. First of all he is complaining about something that we already know, the quality of the interior is not as good as a German luxury car (it’s a sports car man).

Second this is a brand new car, who in their right mind tries to see the full potential of a car with zero miles (someone who shouldn’t be driving a sports car in the first place). I’m not trying to bash him but he is used to the plushness the German cars.

Third I wish I had mine right now, I would not be complaining one bit, I would be breaking her in nice and easy. And the exterior, performance, etc.. of this car makes up for the quality of the interior.

I hope he enjoys whatever he gets, but it won’t be a Z that’s for sure.
Please people break the car in before dropping the hammer

rai 08-20-2002 08:10 PM

The truth is I was expecting to be put down by M3 drivers something like:"That Z can't touch my M3 on the highway" But I never saw this one coming. I mean is he on crack?

Um, the 350Z with a power to weight ratio(11), vs a A4(16) ? OK I can see how the Z is slower. (note the sarcasm)

Oh BTW what is the trap speed of the A4?

The only thing I can think of is this guy has a slush box audi, as we know slushers down shift on the highway for acceleration. 3rd gear on the highway feels fast. The Z he tested might have been a manual though I'm not sure this dude could even drive a manual. Now a manual stuck in 6th on the highway will feel sluggish.:icon8: :icon04:

rai 08-20-2002 08:20 PM

I just re-read his post it is quite comical. Even the people on the audi board could not believe his post.

my guess is he doesn't even have a audi, probably one of those 14 year olds trying to be smart. therefore he never drove the Z.

I mean what are the odds that someone actually has a Z on order, the car actually arives (one of the first in the country), and he drops out because it is not as luxurious as an audi? and is also slower than an A4 on the highway?

I mean if he was compairing it to a RS6 (450hp) I would say he has a point, but an A4 (220hp ?)?? :icon20: :icon28:

bayarea-sunset 08-20-2002 08:42 PM

one word TROLL!

flsunset 08-20-2002 09:27 PM

I had a V6 A4 until about a year ago. Sure, the interior was nice, but it was the least reliable POS that I have ever been unfortunate enough to own. And everything that broke was horribly expensive and took forever to fix. I put it up for sale when I got a $3500 quote to repair a leak in the AC, but my wife wrote it off before any unlucky sap bought it. (But that's another story)

6mt enthusiast, sunset

robbyn 08-20-2002 10:04 PM

Originally posted by rai

my guess is he doesn't even have a audi, probably one of those 14 year olds trying to be smart. therefore he never drove the Z.

I mean what are the odds that someone actually has a Z on order, the car actually arives (one of the first in the country), and he drops out because it is not as luxurious as an audi? and is also slower than an A4 on the highway?

I think your right. Not only are the odds against that someone who already has a 2002 AUDI!! would also be first in line for a Z, but if there is ANY sluggishness (which I sincerely doubt) it would be off the line because of its smooth torgue curve. There is no way on god's green earth that this car is sluggish from 70-90 like this 14 year old claimed.

LA-Z 08-20-2002 10:11 PM

I'm really sick of the attitude of German Car lovers/owners. I have owned a Mercedes before, great car, but everyone I know automatically bashs ANY Japanese car, even before they drive it/see it because it is inferior in their mind because it's not German. I try and tell these people they are not true car lovers, cause you should be able to appreciate all good cars, anyway Audis are VERY unreliable and expensive to fix, and their is NO way it can keep up with a Z as I used to beat or stay even with A4's T's & V6 ALL THE TIME with my 94 2+2 Z, on the freeway and off the line, this is with a heavier Z with 40+ less horse power.

mattyZ 08-20-2002 10:25 PM

Originally posted by flsunset
I had a V6 A4 until about a year ago. Sure, the interior was nice, but it was the least reliable POS that I have ever been unfortunate enough to own. And everything that broke was horribly expensive and took forever to fix. I put it up for sale when I got a $3500 quote to repair a leak in the AC, but my wife wrote it off before any unlucky sap bought it. (But that's another story)
Whoa....let's not turn this into an Audi bashing event...

I own a 2002 A4 and it is the finest, highest quality car I have ever owned....

Oh yeah, I owned a 2000 Honda Accord, supposedly one of the most reliable cars ever made, and I had to bring it to the dealer 8 times within the first year for various serious issues...so guess what...that is the biggest POS I have ever had the misfortune of owning...

Come on guys, one guy states his opinion about the Z and you bash him and start calling Audi's POS.

I own an Audi and desperately want a Z for myself. I think you guys are being a little too defensive.

mattyZ 08-20-2002 10:31 PM

Originally posted by LA-Z
I'm really sick of the attitude of German Car lovers/owners. I have owned a Mercedes before, great car, but everyone I know automatically bashs ANY Japanese car, even before they drive it/see it because it is inferior in their mind because it's not German. I try and tell these people they are not true car lovers, cause you should be able to appreciate all good cars, anyway Audis are VERY unreliable and expensive to fix, and their is NO way it can keep up with a Z as I used to beat or stay even with A4's T's & V6 ALL THE TIME with my 94 2+2 Z, on the freeway and off the line, this is with a heavier Z with 40+ less horse power.
First of all, have you ever owned an Audi? I have owned 2 and haven't had one issue with either of them. I owned a Honda Accord that went to the dealer 8 times with many serious issues. Audi's reliability is on par or even better with other European car makers. Audi certainly doesn't have the reliablility of Japanese car makers, but that doesn't mean they are "VERY unreliable"

Second, please don't classify german car lovers/owners as being snobby and always bashing japanese cars. If you read the entire post, almost all of the Audiworlders are telling the guy he is crazy! I own a german car and love all nice cars. I have an A4 and am dying for a new Z. This is just one guys opinion. Why do you guys have to get all defensive and start bashing Audi's. Maybe he actually just didn't like the Z. It is possible you know.

robbyn 08-20-2002 10:34 PM

Originally posted by mattyZ

Maybe he actually just didn't like the Z. It is possible you know.

No car is perfect, not even our beloved Z, and undoubtably there are some people out there who love sports cars and don't like the Z (no accounting for taste). So it certainly is possible that he "didn't like the Z," what I find impossible is his claim that the Z is sluggish from 70 to 90 ESPECIALLY as compared to the Audi. That to me sounds like the statement of a 14 year old who hasn't driven either car.

factorypolaris 08-20-2002 10:38 PM

Just saw the Z for the first time last weekend, I dont know why everyone hates the interior soo much. I think it is great!! everything that I saw was really nice. All the guages look real nice. The glass that covers them is super clear. I dont think there is any reason for anyone to complain. If you are going to complain,, go get another car cause there is alot of people that are waiting theres and will appreciate it very much

mattyZ 08-20-2002 10:41 PM

I totally agree Robbyn...

The most pleasing thing about my Audi is the higher end torque it has. Down low, it's not there, but when I take it on the highway, it really shows up. However, there is no way my Audi will even touch the Z. The main reason I want a Z as opposed to an S2000, or even a new RX-7 is the torque. The Z will most likely pull like mad from 70-90. We've all seen the torque/HP graphs.

I think this dude has no idea how to drive a high performance car:eek:

I just don't want you guys hatin' on an Audi brother and a fellow car enthusiast :D

MichaelU 08-20-2002 10:44 PM

So let me get this straight, this guy to to TEST drive a car most of us have never seen more then once? He gets to drive a car we are all waiting for. Then he opens it up?

I think the preoder of that might be angry. . .

Plus that guy wasn't used to the car.

But opinions are opinions.

Ciao,
MichaelU

rai 08-20-2002 10:54 PM

well if I can make a blanket statement, I think german cars are for the most part well made and in some areas superor to japanese cars. If they were not very nice cars people would stop buying them. Witness the WV/audi demise in the 80's.

But if you throw value into the mix I think japanese cars are hard to beat. Look at the LS430 for example, is it a better car than a S class? maybe, maybe not. But factor in a $20K savings and I think the Lexus is a hell of a bargan.

gibbsy1 08-20-2002 11:36 PM

MichaelU,

The post by Mrgranstr on the Audi board said he went down to pick up HIS 350Z, not to test drive someone else's. It appears that he has deleted the original post. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other.

Dave