Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Boss Dinged My Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 05:49 PM
peterhong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, your boss aint gonna say anything. And having a friend casually mention to her that somebody dinged your car is grade school kinda stuff. Most people are not that **** about their cars, especially females, and most people dont really know when they ding somebody else's car cause it usually happens when they are doing something else like talking on the phone or grabbing a back in the back seat or something. So basically just eat the 50 bucks to fix the ding and dont even believe that your boss will somehow come forward and say "Im sorry for dinging your car" If she rear ended the car or totally scratched it, I could understand the situtation, but for a ding, let it go man.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:03 PM
spextar

Originally posted by SweatyPalm
I just re-posted your message in Thunderbird forum. You will hear from her shortly.
Funny ****!!!

Anyways, some of the people here who are telling Shaq to eat the 50 bucks and let it go don't understand that it's not the 50 bucks that matters, but the fact that "she's letting it go" is frustrating!!
Old 08-08-2003, 06:46 PM
bhobson333

He's doing the right thing. Don't confront her, but make sure she knows that he got dinged, and he knows when and where. Low pressure, no confrontation.

Confronting the boss is not a good idea. He may get the $$$ but very likely at the risk of ruining the relationship with the person who approves his raises, set his goals and can fire him. And there's a very real possibility of ruining the relationship and NOT getting the $$$!

There's also the possibility, however slim it may seem, that the boss is not guilty! Shaq may have just missed the ding after some jerk did it at the deli or a messenger boy may have parked in the bosses spot for 5 minutes. It's possible, and it's real easy to convince yourself you're right when you're wrong. If she's not guilty and he goes any farther than he's already gone, he loses. Maybe big-time. This also goes if the boss dinged his car but didn't notice she did it and/or has convinced herself that she didn't do it. Very risky.

If the boss dinged Shaq's Z and knows it, if she's a real honest person she may eventually confess. That would be rare; it's tough to do, especially knowing how much he cares for his car. Whether she confesses or not, though, if he doesn't rub her nose in it, she will always feel like she owes him something. This is not a bad situation to have with your boss.

Have the ding guy fix it, eat the cost. In a very very low-key way, make sure she knows the situation. Then drop it and drive on.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by all_bark
FIRE that *****!!!!

Oh, uh, yeah, um...........

knife her tires!

j/k
im sorry but i was ROLLING when i came across this reply...
maybe b/c im sick and im on 1200mg of advil right now...
Old 08-08-2003, 10:21 PM
RANDY350Z

Don't say a word to her, obviously shes not going to admit it. Forget about it. First weekend I had my S2000 I had a large ding from a stone from I 95. Called Dent doctors and they fixed w/ no drilling. Most dents and dings are fixed upto a certain size. If the paint is chipped, call your saleman they should have a scratch repair service. You don't want to repaint your door for all of this. Most dent repairs can be done, along w/scrtach repair. Besides you don't want your boss as your enemy unless you can prove beyond a doubt it was her! She may challenge you and you will make an enemy of hers which means your days could be numbered there. Besides, you need that job to pay for the new toy! things like this are going to happen--even when you park away. Trust me, I have bad luck w/ this stuff. I parked away totally at a resturant (not like an ******* who takes up two spaces) but in the next line-up. No one around and some idiot rubbed my rear bumper on my S2000. This pissed me off even more because a week earlier I had the rear bumper refinshised because some ******* backed into it talking on his cell phone--(while I was parked far away)
Old 08-09-2003, 07:25 AM
SweatyPalm

By the way, I am renting an apartment. We don't have individual isolated parking space for each apartment. So I always choose to park next to a curb. Is anyone in the same situation?
Old 08-10-2003, 08:41 AM
cwcole

I would ask her if she noticed it, play it as though you got the car dinged at lunch. Since she parked next to you she may have noticed it...and if she did it she might confess.

She cannot say that you blamed it on her and she will get very nervious when you bring it up this way. If she lies and you can tell, well you are out of luck, you cannot do ****, but she may tell you the truth.

Last edited by cwcole; 08-10-2003 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:06 PM
SHAQMAGIC

Default UPDATE 2

My buddy told her about my car being dinged when it was parked at work.

She said she didn't do it. He didn't say where it was parked or if she did it. A little defensive on the answer.....

He proceeded to tell her it was parked next to her and she felt real bad, but she said she didn't do it. She even said that he (me) left before me. That's true, but it got dinged when she came back from lunch not when she left for the day.

Anyway what can you do. A delivery guy could have parked in her spot for two minutes while she was out to lunch and hit me. Highly unlikely but not impossible.

The dent guy should be calling soon and I'll see if he can fix it.

The good news is I have my Hawk HPS pads on for a week and the brake dust is a complete NON-ISSUE.

My wheels always look sweet.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:45 PM
SHAQMAGIC

Default FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ding is gone....PERFECT!!!!!!

My buddy came over today, opened the car window, slid down a plastic type sheet to protect the window and a little wedge at the top to keep the space open.

Proceeded to bang the car with a plastic chisle type tool. He hit this with a mallet. He then used this long curved apparatus to go inside the door and pushes the ding out, he hits with the hammer, pushed with the apparatus, hits with the hammer and so on.

Ding disappears before your eyes.

While doing this he attaches a suction cup to the car which he gets to stay on by hand pumping air out, attached to this is a reflective piece of plastic which he uses to look at the ding from every angle. (The suction cup falls off and he goes "man you wax your car alot, I never had that fall off before"....I only waxed once, 3 months ago...I laugh to myself and think of Dr. Bonz, thats for you wicked and other non-Zaino users.)

He just plays with his hammer and other tools and bam it's gone. Awesome job!!!!!!

We bartered, no charge and my brother will program a certain type of card for him..wink/wink... it's not cable.

He usually charges 100-150 per door/quarter panel, so if you had 3 in one door, you will not get charged three times.

Anyone on LI need a ding/dent out, please PM me, he does great work.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:57 PM
N74DV

I read this thread about 2 days ago and it jinxed me....

guess what happened today at work?!

THE BOSS DINGED MY CAR!

I know it was him cause there's Red paint transefer from his truck on my door and he has a spot at the same height that is missing paint down to the primer.

WTF?!

Fortunatley the ding is VERY small.... it's on the crease of the body line so it's not very noticeable but still pisses me off.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:59 PM
SlamMan

Freakin awsome. I'm very happy for you. Now don't ever park next to that ***** again.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:41 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Default Re: FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SHAQMAGIC
We bartered, no charge and my brother will program a certain type of card for him..wink/wink... it's not cable.
Will your brother still help him out when he gets hashed in a few weeks or so?
Old 08-13-2003, 11:50 PM
KONVERTER

glad you got it worked out... not worth a big fuss over a ding... it hurts to see it though thats for sure...

my partners neighbor dinnged my door 2 weeks after i got mine..

Old 08-14-2003, 03:52 AM
SHAQMAGIC

haven't been hashed in like 9 months as we don't fully open it up/ Just have to use the remote for PPV. When you hit a limit, it gets cleaned and good to go again.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:07 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by SHAQMAGIC
haven't been hashed in like 9 months as we don't fully open it up/ Just have to use the remote for PPV. When you hit a limit, it gets cleaned and good to go again.
Is that deal open for your "ding" bud? I mean when it is full, can he get a free clean? Or does he owe you another favor?
Old 08-14-2003, 07:40 AM
BFG10

KONVERTER, you're car door got creamed man. What the hell happened? Was the neighbor blind and didn't see your car when backing up or what?
Old 08-14-2003, 08:45 AM
r34 racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Haha, using the definition of 'ding' lightly, konverter?
Old 08-14-2003, 09:24 AM
KONVERTER

Originally posted by BFG10
KONVERTER, you're car door got creamed man. What the hell happened? Was the neighbor blind and didn't see your car when backing up or what?

yeah she said her food slipped off the break...

damn was i pissed...

i think i have one of the most beat up z's...

that happend 2 weeks after i got it...
then ran over a rock on my way to vegas the crushed my left exaust pipe (stock exaust now have nismo)
and now rear ended...

Old 08-14-2003, 09:27 AM
BFG10

That sucks. Sometimes cars just have bad luck and they keep getting hit. It's unfortunate cause you'd take a loss if you tried to sell it and replace it.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:06 AM
G}{H

Have the dent wizzard guy come to your work in the big I WORK FOR DENT WIZZARD truck and fix the dent in front of her office while you are at work.

Also some company policy prior to havin work like that done in the company parking lot you need to get approval. Send an email to HR requesting permission and CC her since she is your boss.