Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Evo Drive from a Z'er...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 07:26 PM
HwangTKD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I think there is some good and bad info here. The engine in the Evo is extremely reliable, even with the turbo running at 19 psi. The engine has been around a LONG time. And with each reiteration, it get better and more reliable. It is relatively easy, cheap, and reliable to get more horses out of the Evo (a product of being factory turbo charged).

That being said, I think that Evo is one of the most balanced cars out there. It brakes, accelerates, skidpads, and saloms (damn spelling) better than most cars including the Z (from a stop the Evo has it, from a roll it will be a toss up, but at speeds above 110 the Evo just dies-lack of a 6th gear). This is the only Mistubishi that I would EVER buy. On the track, the 1320, and auto-X this car rocks.

However, everything that everyone said about styling is on the button. It looks ricey, ugly to most, and the interior just sux. The guages are terrible, the wing monsterous, and gas mileage will burn a hole in your pocket when you pound it.

The 350Z is an awesome combo of speed, handling, breaking, looks, and feel. It's a classy sports car. It is perhaps the best all around sports car out there. I just wish that they made a back seat in it like the G35 coupe.

Don't knock the Evo until you have truly test driven one. Different strokes for different folks.

In conclusion, both cars are incredible, just in different ways. And for those of you who call the Evo an ugly econobox with no class...........I dont need my car to pick up girls or to impress anyone. I bought it for the driving experience.

Best Regards,
Bobby
Old 08-14-2003, 09:24 PM
ml2316

a bunch of people keep talking about the z being "their style" or the evo not being "their style". i think this is bs. it really comes down to the fact that the average person (who knows nothing about evos) will be more impressed by the fact that you own a z. i mean if everyone else thinks the car is awesome isn't that what you really care about? i mean, just admit it. it's an image thing. i'll admit it. has nothing to do with whether i like the styling, has to do with how many people it will impress. i mean it's really a blend of different things and i definitely care about performance, but that's what the z has over the evo: it will impress more people.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:10 PM
zeroday

Originally posted by aeromotive1
The 4g63 is a proven engine for high, high horsepower mods.

I have pics of the trio on my hard drive. How the can I post em?

email me the pics and i'll post em: markgjohnson@hotmail.com
try to keep em small...not sure what my attachment limit is.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:12 AM
longbowe

Originally posted by ml2316
a bunch of people keep talking about the z being "their style" or the evo not being "their style". i think this is bs. it really comes down to the fact that the average person (who knows nothing about evos) will be more impressed by the fact that you own a z. i mean if everyone else thinks the car is awesome isn't that what you really care about? i mean, just admit it. it's an image thing. i'll admit it. has nothing to do with whether i like the styling, has to do with how many people it will impress. i mean it's really a blend of different things and i definitely care about performance, but that's what the z has over the evo: it will impress more people.
This is true, but it's a derivation of the fact that I personally like the styling on the Z. I figure I'm not too off far off the beaten path that we call mainstream, so if I like it, most other people will like it too. Only, I'll have one, they won't. :OD
Old 08-15-2003, 02:32 PM
99AllTurbo

Just an FYI for those that haven't heard:

Link to 518 whp EVO . Pretty nice power for a daily driven EVO8, stk head, stk bottom end.