MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Dallas 350Z On Display!!! (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/3992-dallas-350z-on-display.html)

rouxeny 05-01-2002 07:36 AM

I finally did it!

I finally decided against a Cl-S and for the new Z! I've put money down on a Chrome Silver, Charcoal interior, 6 speed Touring edition from Executive Nissan in North Haven, CT. Buying was painless, simply involved a refundable $1000 check and signing some paperwork.

Actually, I really shouldn't write that I've bought it. I won't consider it mine until I get to put my butt in the seat.

Does anybody else think it's odd that we've bought a car for which we don't know the hp numbers, antennae location, 0-60 time, radio status, look of the black leather, look of the various colors, and that very few of us have actually sat in or touched?

I guess that's why the deposit is refundable. Not by me though!

ccns23 05-01-2002 07:49 AM

Like I said on the CL forum, congrat's bro!!!!

rouxeny 05-01-2002 07:55 AM

Hey, when you've got good news, you can't help but want to tell people.

BullishZ 05-01-2002 08:18 AM

Congrats... You will have no regrets...

articfury 05-01-2002 08:21 AM

Welcome into the fold. I hope your patience is better than mine.
Ever since sitting in the car, all I can think of is taking delivery.

When I tell people that I ordered the car, their first question is
how could you buy a car you have never seen or driven? I have
to admit, I am still a little concerned about my color choice. But I
have confidence that it will all turn out fine.

Zay 05-01-2002 03:38 PM

Congrats!!!

Yeah I think it's strange that I would spend this kind of money for a car that I haven't seen of driven. But something in my gut says it's going to be the bomb diggady!!!:)

Actually when I told a few of my friends about the car they said, "350Z, what's that?!" Anyway, i'm sure we won't be disappointed, and if we are we will have plenty of stories to tell in August.

6kLaunch 05-01-2002 05:55 PM

Welcome to the society of the yearning. When I tell folks about my new car, they always say "when are you going to pick it up". Er uhm, September I say. The validity of my story seems to loose credibility at that point. Oh well, someday they will see !!!!!!

:rolleyes:

rouxeny 05-02-2002 02:44 AM

Last night, I stayed up till 2 AM just thinking about it and looking at my pictures.

This is very bad, there's months to go.

kevintari 05-02-2002 02:49 AM

Is it strange that our cars are suctom built, yet the deposit (as it says on the contrct) is fully refundable? Are they just banking on being able to re-sell it w/o a problem if you show up and don't like it?

rouxeny 05-02-2002 06:23 AM

Well, they're only custom built to a degree. If you look at my choices, Chrome Silver, Charcoal, 6 speed, Touring, I'm sure that wil be a very popular combination. Maybe a little too popular unfortunately. So, if for some reason I can't take the car, I'm sure there will be somebody there ready to buy it up immediately.

In fact, I wonder if there are any people out there who plan on buying a Z for MSRP and then turning around and selling it on E-Bay for more. Think about it. The car hasn't been well advertised yet in the mainstream media and once it comes out, almost none will be available in showrooms as most have been pre-ordered. So, I bet you could sell one for above MSRP and find somebody out there willing to buy it.

Heck, if I had the money, I'd order two and sell one. :D

Hot350Z 05-02-2002 08:57 PM

Smart move going the Z way.

The dealers hope that we do not take possession of the vehicles when they arrive. The key indicator is that of $0.00 down in most cases. Their plan is to move them for 5 to 10K over MSRP. The more they have, the merrier they will be.

My dealer says he has a wait list of 52 customers!

They are suckers, not customers.

CPA 05-03-2002 04:52 AM

Hot350Z -
Have you heard of dealers taking orders with no down payment? Havent heard that one! It will be interesting...
CPA
PS CSULB alumni here - My first three stops in Long Beach (in order) will be:
Thirsty Isle
49'ers Tavern
Fritz Thats It

First Round is on me..............

rouxeny 05-03-2002 06:48 AM

Buying this car was quite a strange experience. I just basically walked in at about 7 at night and was done by about 7:30. There isn't a whole lot to talk about, seeing as I knew more about the thing than the dealer. There's not much to describe, no car to sit in, no test drive, and you can't preview the options. The price was non-negotiable. Basically, I told him I was interested and presented him with my $1000 check.

It was kind of nice to not have to haggle or anything.

Jewelz350 05-03-2002 04:00 PM

Rouxeny

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought the preordering experience was a little strange. I was disappointed that the dealership wasn't more knowledgeable about the Z. In fact, my salesman let me look through the first 4 orders (I was hoping to be the only one to order the track pkg) and I found a mistake on one of the orders!

The dealership didn't even have any brochures. Luckily I got one at the Detroit auto show. He didn't have paint samples either. Hope the blue turns out okay!

I paid MSRP and put down a $1000 NON-refundable deposit. I also told them I didn't want anyone driving the car when it got there. He said the only person who would sit in it would be the guy who drives it off the truck and into the shop to prep it. Hope he sticks to that.

2003z 05-03-2002 05:40 PM

Originally posted by rouxeny
It was kind of nice to not have to haggle or anything. [/B]
I would think anytime one wanted to pay MSRP, one wouldn't have to haggle or anything! :D

Hot350Z 05-03-2002 07:51 PM

CPA

Fritz should be first.

Nissan of Cerritos... NO DOWN PAYMENT. I was lucky enough to have made my decision the same day that the dealer had a fleet meeting pertaining to the Z. When I called, a fleet rep was reading her notes and told me zero down. This strategy was to get as many pre orders as possible. In the event that someone changes their mind, the dealer makes bank on the MSRP plus mega bucks that could be spent at Fritzs'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the bluff at the Ocean Club

HOT350Z

D C 05-03-2002 09:53 PM

Congratulations man!

kevintari 05-04-2002 12:42 AM

How funny...I went to Cerritos Nissan a while back and they wanted MSRP plus $8,000 worth of mandatory options (basically $8k for pinstriping and rims)...what a rip off! So I told them no way in hell was I paying $40k for a $32k car and left...came back a week later just to see if things had changed and surprise! No options, no markup. $1,000 refundable deposit.

Whoever said their deposit was non-refundable, take a look at the deal you signed...my salesman (idiot) told me that mine was non-refundable, the the contract clearly says that it is at any time.

Yeah, I was really disappointed with how little the sales guys knew about the car. I actually had to show them how to find it on their own web site! What a bunch of morons...where do they find these guys?

Hot350Z 05-04-2002 12:54 AM

That is why they sell (or try to sell) cars. A true salesman does not wait for the public to come to them, they prospect for business. Car salesman are basically order takers and usually screw things up, just like my bulldog.

It is a good thing that info shared on web sites like this helps us make wise decisions.

HOT350Z

Z you on the road soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zmeflyby 05-04-2002 06:09 PM

hey u'll be one of us!

Andrew