Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z Driving Impressions-Day Two

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 05:32 AM
ZBarrister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z Driving Impressions-Day Two

Here is an email I just received from my FIL(Father in Law).
He just got his Z yesterday, CS/Enthusiast. In his garage there also sits a Boxster and and M3.

Today I drove the Z around and I am even more impressed with this car. The interior design cues are all there, circles and brushed aluminum. Subtle Z logos are strategically place, even behind the door! The front storage cover is not quite up to par, but I don't expect to use it that much.

It is almost embarrassing to drive this car around, I am afraid someone will run into me when they are looking at the car.

As I drive the car I appreciate the thought that went into the design. The ergonomics of the controls is great. Everything is within reach and intuitive in usage. The stereo sounds great, I have yet to put a CD in, but FM comes in nice and clear with a commanding presence.

There are a lot of BMW features on the car. For examples, the rear-view mirror has garage door opener buttons. The rear deck has a rubber covered pressure switch to open. The windows open slightly when opened to facilitate closing.

The hood has a manual support bar like the Miata had. Seating is good, you sit really low (my shoulder is just above door level). Rear and side visibility is different and will take a little getting used to. Rear view mirrors help, but you still need to turn and look around when backing up. I really like the cloth seats. They are firm, but very comfortable. If they wear out we can get dark gray leather.

Driving is fun. The suspension is firm, but not harsh. Steering is very precise. Due to break-in procedures I haven’t been able to push the car. When driving the engine makes a beautiful high pitched sound which compliments the baritone exhaust sound. 1500 RPM is 40- MPH in 6th gear.

All in all, this car is wonderful and a tremendous bargain.

There ya go folks. Of course this makes it even HARDER for me to wait until next week.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:15 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't you mean SHIFT_Envy?
Old 08-24-2002, 06:21 AM
gammbino350z

lol@bonz
Old 08-24-2002, 07:12 AM
jacen2y

Default radio on the bose

funny the review mentioned the radio as coming through clear and has a commanding presence because the bose in my touring is kind of muddled and has too much bass. i know there's a sub but i had to turn the bass down all the way and turn the treble up all the way for some good quality. on the other hand, the CD sounds great and doesn't have the problem the radio has...very weird...also...the volume automatically goes up a bit when you go faster, noticed the volume comes down when i come to a stop...cool
Old 08-24-2002, 09:50 AM
Autobahn

I agree with the Bose radio comment. There is too much base when playing FM radio and I have to turn it down. When playing a CD I have to turn the base up. The radio doesn't seem as crisp as my two previous BOSE GM systems ('93 Vette, '98 GMS Envoy).
Old 08-24-2002, 02:29 PM
SinGin
Charter Member #97

Default Re: radio on the bose

Originally posted by jacen2y
funny the review mentioned the radio as coming through clear and has a commanding presence because the bose in my touring is kind of muddled and has too much bass. i know there's a sub but i had to turn the bass down all the way and turn the treble up all the way for some good quality. on the other hand, the CD sounds great and doesn't have the problem the radio has...very weird...also...the volume automatically goes up a bit when you go faster, noticed the volume comes down when i come to a stop...cool
Cool. Does it change the volume when you clap your hands loudly while in the car? Saw that about the MB in a DJ Qualls interview on the Late Show with Conan O'Brien the other night. Hilarious.