Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just Got Mine 2004 Liquid Aluminium Touring !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 06:40 AM
WashUJon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd prefer they fixed the problems that they haven't addressed yet before they worked on R&D for enhancements. The tire feathering problem needs to be fixed and so does the transmission problem...
Old 09-15-2003, 11:14 AM
fisherprice

So how rare is this color?
Is it NA only?
Compare it to Brickyard or White. It will only be a rare color of people do not order it.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:06 PM
bixby

Originally posted by fisherprice
So how rare is this color?
Is it NA only?
Compare it to Brickyard or White. It will only be a rare color of people do not order it.
I'm sure Nissan has planned to make a certain number of them in LA just like all the other colors because they WILL sell them. The question is how many?
Old 09-16-2003, 05:42 AM
supirio

I really like the liquid aluminum color, great choice man
Old 09-26-2003, 12:32 AM
Jsn350Z

Odd...on nissans site, there is a little color chart thing, and it shows that liquid aL is a darker shade then the CS, yet lighter then SS.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:15 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

I'd like to see the color in person since the pictures make it just look like a paler CS, but adding a 3rd silver to the lineup IMO is really a strange idea...

I am not a big fan of the silver, IMO its the dullist looking color for the 350z since all the chrome accents just blend into the color (door handels, headlight fixtures, badging etc..) also every car on the road is Silver. I think a sports car needs color, but black is really sharp also. The silvers and the white are pretty bland (SS a bit less so). But everybody has diffrent tastes and some people are more conservative then others.

To each there own!

Congrats on the new 350z! I hope you love it as much as I love mine!
Old 09-26-2003, 05:32 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does, IMO, look a little better than the CS, but I fail to see why it would cost $1100 more

Guess I'll have to see one in person to get a good impression of it.

I might be hijacking the thread a little, but for current owners, would $1,100 more be worth having a completely flawless paint job with zero orange peel? I think it would be worth it, how about you.
Should come without orange peel (or very little) by default... it IS a new car afterall. What I would pay $1100 for is to have Brickyard back!!!

I would have ordered an '04 convertible if it had been available in BY and even paid $1100 for the color. As it is... no droptop for me, but I do get to keep my beautiful (and more exclusive) BY coupe.

BTW, I think I've stumbled across the reason Brickyard was discontinued... and its not low production. Both PPW and Redline were produced in lower numbers. In the process of getting my Nismo kit painted and matched correctly, I have learned that PPG requires 6 separate paints to match the color. As you can guess, several pearl/metalflake paints... of which, two of the colors are $100+/quart!

The PPG rep explained that the factory Brickyard uses a metalflake paint called a ceryllic which also is very expensive and hard to duplicate with non-ceryllic paints. From our conversation (me and the PPG rep), it sounds more to me like Brickyard was discontinued because it cost too much. And as much as I love the color, I'm not sure how many besides me would have paid a premium for Brickyard... maybe Nissan reached the same conclusion.

Anyway, in my feeble attempt to hi-jack the LA thread, here is a nice pic of my Brick showing the dual nature of the color in the light and in shadow...
Attached Thumbnails Just Got Mine 2004 Liquid Aluminium  Touring !!-smdscn0794.jpg  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:19 AM
WashUJon

Your car looks great, Andy! Good shot to use.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:37 PM
Montez

Originally posted by bixby
I'm sure Nissan has planned to make a certain number of them in LA just like all the other colors because they WILL sell them. The question is how many?
In Car Capital they can sell just about anything!
Old 09-26-2003, 03:09 PM
koolzero

No offense or anything but I'm a little disappointed with that color, in pictures it looks just like regular silver. I hoped it would look more like the car show liquid silver from a few years back.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:03 PM
SharpST77

hmm...maybe the paint isnt as thin as the other 350z colors??

i thought the liquid aluminum will be a lot more "chromed" color, guess not..but it does look better than the other silver...even though im not a fan of silver cars ( 2 cars in my driveway is silver )