Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone recognize this Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:19 PM
gh0st-rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z's do have frames they just come in sections. I learned this when I had to get mine repaired
Old 07-31-2009, 05:02 PM
aldog1330

Originally Posted by russelh15
Thanks man. I got them in 19's. They came today. Imma head down to the shop when i get outta work and check them out. If i find a scale i can prolly weigh one, or maybe just average it, and let you know.
Awesome, can't wait to see pics of them on the car.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:54 PM
SniperHunter

Russel: would you be interested in trading with me an OEM rim? One of my front rims is scratched up and I'd like to get it replaced. It's not absolutely terrible, but I can show you pics if you'd like.

Would you trade if I gave you my rim + $50 for one of your good front rims? I only need the rim, nothing else. I figured I'd ask, since you have a shop and can probably get the wheel repainted/refurbished for next to nothing.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:11 AM
russelh15

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Russel: would you be interested in trading with me an OEM rim? One of my front rims is scratched up and I'd like to get it replaced. It's not absolutely terrible, but I can show you pics if you'd like.

Would you trade if I gave you my rim + $50 for one of your good front rims? I only need the rim, nothing else. I figured I'd ask, since you have a shop and can probably get the wheel repainted/refurbished for next to nothing.
Well my friend is supposed to buy the set from me for his 06' Altima. Post up a pic and lemme see how bad the damage is, if its not that significant I can probably still do the trade with you and sell the set to him after if the damage isnt that bad.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:36 AM
URNZWAY

Very nice repair, thanks for sharing with us even though some were negative! Its a great thing to build and restore your own car. Congrat and I hope to see your car progress...
Old 08-02-2009, 03:43 PM
davidc

There is a lot of hostility here directed at this kid; I only could read up to page three before getting sick. I think he and his father know what they are doing and if not that's their business, most of you sound like you have paper aholes, is a free country but if you have nothing positive to contribute to his thread then stfu and keep going, opinions are like aholes everybody has one, but ideas! That is something desperately lacking here.
I totaled a rebuilt 85 ZX and was paid in full by my insurance, I won’t claim it happens all the time, it might not, but it happened to me. I bet most of these guys giving this kid a hard time paid 5% out the door more for their basic Z than I did for my Touring in 2007 (new) but they will never admit it. This kid asked for assistance not BS and hate, I read a lot of these threads and is always the same, it appears to me that for some people here life is just wonderful and they are all as happy as could be since all they do is look for someone with a problem they can trample on, I guess it makes them feel "real" and "knowledgeable" but I bet you are just bitter, did your dads ever get this involved with you in projects like this one? Guys you need to get a life.
I hope this kid finishes his car, posts some pics, and enjoy the siht out of it! He will have accomplished something most here only dream about.
Good luck with your car kid, and your old man is alright!
Old 08-02-2009, 05:03 PM
kulover14

Default Props!

Dude! Great job! Glad to see another Z on the road!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:54 PM
SniperHunter

Well my friend is supposed to buy the set from me for his 06' Altima. Post up a pic and lemme see how bad the damage is, if its not that significant I can probably still do the trade with you and sell the set to him after if the damage isnt that bad.
Cool. Perhaps the damage on the wheel isn't that bad, I exaggerated because it just bothers me. Check your PMs, I'm sending the pics in 10 mins.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:34 PM
JeepinGoose

Nice car bro! I too felt sick after reading so many of the posts telling you what an idiot you were for buying a wrecked car. I wasnt sure with that damage if she could be saved but you and your dad brought her back from the dead for sure.

A friend of my dads is a HUGE car guy (bought a 69 GTO brand new and still drives it every sunday) and has done the same thing. Bringing cars back from junk yards that shouldve been turned into razor blades and making them daily drivers and track stars. One in particular I enjoyed watching him do was an early 70's mach 1 mustang. Couldnt even tell it was a car when he started from all the damage and rust, but when he was done it was in tons of car shows and won a few. Goes to show you what you can do with the right knowledge and experience.

Again, good job on such a purdy car.

Just think, if you had listened to all the A**hats and bought a new one, not only would you prolly still be in debt to the bank but you wouldnt be able to thumb your nose to everyone who doubted you. Not to mention, the time spent with dad working on it.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:28 AM
XSpeedAddictX

DAAAAAMN! Nice job! It's unfortunate that people sometimes feel that because on a public forum their entitled to give their opinion or down talk others because they don't agree with what the person is doing.

The car looks amazing though! Good job keeping the Z alive!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:22 PM
World Famous Z

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Just wanted to know if anyone recognized this Z?

I bought it last week from an auction in NJ. It's a 2008. It got hit from the side. I'm assuming the drive lost control and hit a lamp pole or a tree. The car starts and and moves. Hopefully the repairs will be done in about 3 weeks so I can actually drive it. This is my first Z, can't wait to test it out.

I wouldn't drive that car after it's fixed, might have been better off with a simple used 03 Z after all the work that it will need IMO...

but good luck..
Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 PM
SniperHunter

Can't wait to see this car in person in a few days.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
03aeroZ

Very nice!! You know much more than many people (myself included!) about your car now.

+1million on paying no attention to the ****** that "know" all there is to know about fixing a car. 10k to fix the car??? (<-previously posted) Well, if you do the labor yourself, have some hook ups, etc....you get a nice return in the end. Well done.

I seem to remember another totaled Z that the guy fixed....same results: Everyone called him a dumbass->fixes car quietly->shows car->people shut up and congrats start! Well done!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
DeUceZ

GL with fix, sounds like a fun project to me.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:49 AM
russelh15

Originally Posted by World Famous Z
I wouldn't drive that car after it's fixed, might have been better off with a simple used 03 Z after all the work that it will need IMO...

but good luck..
Thanks. Car's done. It runs like a charm. I know 9 pages is a lot to read, but you probably should've read them before you posted.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 PM
SniperHunter

Lol. So true.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Lcat84

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Just wanted to know if anyone recognized this Z?

I bought it last week from an auction in NJ. It's a 2008. It got hit from the side. I'm assuming the drive lost control and hit a lamp pole or a tree. The car starts and and moves. Hopefully the repairs will be done in about 3 weeks so I can actually drive it. This is my first Z, can't wait to test it out.
FYI, next time you shouldn't buy previously wrecked cars...at least ones that were totalled. Never will be the same, that's why they have car-fax.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:30 AM
aldog1330

Originally Posted by Lcat84
FYI, next time you shouldn't buy previously wrecked cars...at least ones that were totalled. Never will be the same, that's why they have car-fax.
Did you actually read through the thread? Or did you only read the first post then spew **** out of your mouth?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 AM
rotchcrocket04

Originally Posted by Lcat84
FYI - you're an idiot. Stop hating on a project that ended fantastic. They knew what they were doing and I'm sure (when done properly) you and 99.9% of people would never, ever notice anything was ever wrong.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:13 AM
larue582

Nice build came out good.

Quick Reply: Anyone recognize this Z?