MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Got Z Tuesday afternoon-CS Touring (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/4408-got-z-tuesday-afternoon-cs-touring.html)

Rocketscientist 08-27-2002 10:36 PM

Got Z Tuesday afternoon-CS Touring

There is excitement in the California Sierras tonight.
My wife and I picked up our new CS-Touring AT with Charcoal leather late this afternoon (Aug. 27th)
Dealer told us 4 days ago that it was delayed a few weeks due to parts shortage at factory and he did not have a VIN. I posted this story and ZISME informed me of my VIN number and delivery date of Aug 27th on Sunday. I checked Nissan.com every few hours from that time on and my car was listed Tuesday morning. I called dealer to tell him the news, and asked them to call me so I could see the car taken off the truck. An hour later dealer called to tell me the truck was there and it was unloaded. They prepped my car and had it ready that same afternoon. We picked it up at 5pm. A gorgeous spectacular automobile!! We drove it the 100 miles to my home this evening.

Some early observations...

Yes, it looks like a $70K car.
Interior is better than expected.
Seats are almost perfect, but 6 way drivers seat would be better.
Visability is very good for my 5-10 size, even through back window. Wife of 5-4 also fits well. She loves the car.
Auto tran is great. Tiptronic shift works well.
Rides better than expected...with solid no rattle feel.
Very stable with essentially no lean on cornering.
Quieter inside with windows up than expected. Very little wind noise.
Dealer and I could not find where oil filter is. Could not find location in owners manual.
Charcoal leather seats, with suttle light orange striping and perforated holes, are very attractive.
Lots of room in behind-seat glove compartment.
Bose stereo sounds good but is somewhat drowned out at highway speeds.
Controls are all easy to use. Like digital speed indicator.
Light orange dash lighting good at night.
7 spoke rims are very attractive.
Car attracts many lookers.
Chrome-Silver and charcoal black is a beautiful combination.
Hard to hold below 4000 rpm when accelerating.

Will post some pictures taken in bright sunlight tomorrow.

Rocketscientist...
:icon04: :icon04: :icon04: :icon04: :icon04:

bayarea-sunset 08-27-2002 11:11 PM

Congrats!First person ive heard mention it being easy to see out the back,and im 5'10 to so :)When you get more miles on your new baby please more info on how the automatic performs.Hooray the scientist said its easy to see out the back,I will sleep better tonight:D

tbcz 08-28-2002 02:05 AM

Congrats R.S.! Happy to hear you and your wife are enjoying your new toy. Keep us posted with your thoughts. :cool:

RainmanZ 08-28-2002 02:06 AM

Way to GO !

Sounds like you have had a great day. Congratulations to you both.

:D

zzzyaaa 08-28-2002 05:51 AM

Where is your dealer located? Congrats on getting your baby.

Touring6MT_Z 08-28-2002 09:35 AM

Rocketscientist,

Congratulation!!! and thanks for your review. Glad your showed up earlier than expected.

Mine scheduled to come last Monday, then yesterday and now sometime today. It is frustrating.

Rocketscientist 08-28-2002 08:20 PM

Some more observations

I still have only 140 miles on the car but the last 40 miles or so has been in the mountains.
The automatic tran works beautifully. The tiptronic feature is outstanding. Moving from Drive to Manual doesn't change anything until you gently bump up or down. A couple of gentle bumps quickly gets you to 1st gear. Great for downshifting. Very smooth and quick. My 911 friend drove it today and was extremely satisfied with the auto. He said shifting with the tiptronic can be just about as fast as the manual in his 911 and of course smoother.

Other observations....
Bose has good reception with antennae. I live about 50 miles from most fm stations and they come in clear. Plenty of base with the big woofer.

Zenon lights are excellent. Good for spotting deer.
My friends admire the clean simple lines of the car...both inside and out. It is not gaudy...just stunning!!
I posted in the technical section about the hidden and air deflector covered oil filter. Manual says if you need to change the oil, contact your Nissan dealer. Ha.
I really like the Charcoal leather interior with light orange striping.
Outside and inside door handles are burnished aluminum, not plastic.
I also am getting quite a bit of brake dust on open rims. They require a light dusting every day.
Handling and quick response steering is excellent.
If high mounted rear brake light could have been placed at bottom of rear window, it may have provided better visibility for the tall drivers. Rear visibility for me at 5-10 is not a problem.

That's all for now folks.

Rocketscientist