MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   This is the LAW of My350z.com (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/443-this-is-the-law-of-my350z-com.html)

JmanZ 05-28-2002 08:16 AM

This is the LAW of My350z.com

Members, Guests, Friends,

I really didn't want to have to post something like this but it seems some people just don't get it so I have no choice.

99.9% of you get along just fine. We have differeing opinions from time to time and as adults, we discuss them and look at each other's points of view. We might not like what the other person says sometimes, but we agree to disagree.

I have had to ban people in the past for being rude, disrespectful or for starting fights. I don't like being the bad guy, and I often try to step around it but like any human, I can only be pushed so far.

If you post something where you start telling someone else off, using swears and other nice terms like "nazi car", I or one of my fellow moderators is going to step in and take action. It's called <b> COMMON SENSE </b> that you don't do this garbage.

I created this forum after getting fed up with the trash talk that was happening on other forums (one in particular) and obviously a great deal of you agreed with me because you post here more so than there now. Well, I knew that it would only be a matter of time before the trash talk tried to filter into this site, but the difference is that here at my350z.com, we take out the trash.

Earlier today, I suspended a user for trash talk after recieving <b> multiple</b> complaints about him. I moved him to suspended status and emailed him, telling him that he was off for one week because of what happened.

What does he do? He re-registers under a second email address and then posts again talking trash.

This time, he has been banned. Strike three if you will.

I have discussed this with the other charter members and we feel a three strike rule is the way this board will operate. Just as in baseball, three strikes and you're out. It is possible to move to strike three on your first offense, just incase anyone is getting the idea they can be an ass twice and get away with it. (haha)

I just don't understand it. If someone upsets you in a post, <b> DEAL WITH IT LIKE AN ADULT</b>, not a teenager that just got challenged. Agree to disagree or simply don't read that person's posts. How hard is this to grasp?

If you want to talk trash, I can point you to a number of forums, but I can assure you that this is not one of them.

Thank you to those that tolerate the crap, knowing we'll get rid of it. I do appreciate those of you that have held your tongue when you felt like lashing out. To those that do lash out, better make it good because you will not last here.

Thanks for sticking with us people,

Jay

NevB 05-28-2002 05:09 PM

I just want to say "thanks"

Every other forum/list that I have attended has slowly degenerated into personal attacks and the best posters have left for new forums

so whatever it takes, lets keep the rubbish out of my350z.com so that the good guys stay and deliver what everyone wants ...

pure, hot, 350z gold!

:D :D :D

#15Blade 05-28-2002 05:59 PM

Way to go Jay! This is why I come "here" and don't go "there".

LowFuel 05-28-2002 07:02 PM

I respectfully agree to agree with Jman. :)

I also know that playing the policeman on the forums is not fun at all, and I think I speak for many when I say that I greatly appriciate you keeping an eye on it.

Keep up the great work Jman...

Touring6MT_Z 05-28-2002 07:27 PM

A big thumb up and vote of confidence from me. What Jay called Law, I call it "Code of conduct for civilized world". This is also a primary reason I left "the other forum" recently. I browsed both forums since this one is opened and decided that this is a more civilized place. Keep up the good work, Jay and other moderators. Thanks! :) :) :)

tbcz 05-28-2002 07:30 PM

Awesome post Jayman...you are right on the money. There is absolutely no reason why this site ever has to decline into an online kindergarden...you have set a good precedent for the kind of forum you want this to be, and it has attracted the kind of people that are enjoyable to share with. Great work big guy!

irishfan 05-28-2002 07:38 PM

Keep up the awesome work. You have done a great job keeping this a civil place to discuss the coming 350Z. There are plenty of ways to agree and/or disagree without getting nasty, and I appreciate the amount of work you have done to draw an appropriate "line in the sand".

Thanks!!!

Touring6MT_Z 05-28-2002 07:44 PM

Hey, irishfan,

We got the same color and model. I am glad you're in a different state, so we won't run into each other at the stop light.

tbcz 05-28-2002 07:58 PM

Originally posted by VQracer
IS there a limit on how big a picture you can post? Because I sometimes tend to post really big pictures of high quality.
I was going to say 99 kbytes but just checked and saw it has jumped up to 250 kbytes...I guess it's whatever Jman feels the server is able to handle efficiently...he can probably give you a better answer (note: the max file size allowed is in the "Attach file" field).

ZBarrister 05-28-2002 07:59 PM

Your banning procedure does not seem arbitrary or capricious and you give fair warning. What else can a guy do? The rules are clearly stated and easily understood. You can be critical and not be a dick, but i guess that's not an easy thing to do for some people. Oh well, as the song says..."I fought the law and the law won"

AudioPat 05-28-2002 08:06 PM

Hey J....thanks for tryin to keep those "evil doers" on Track...(even though I ordered a touring)...the info provided by the site and the good folks that join in is priceless...still know more about the Z than my dealer

Keep it rollin

Pat

ncrecordkeeper 05-29-2002 02:36 AM

kudos jman....

This forum has really taken shape and is much more pleasant to deal with. I hope you're able to keep the atmosphere cleaner and a little more professional than THAT other forum.

It's hard to understand why respect isn't in so many other's vocabulary.

h4lights 05-29-2002 02:55 AM

Thank You!

1 Attachment(s)
It is very disappointing when you see legitimate postings at other sites be turned into some form of degenerative diatribe.
I have been guilty of participation in the past at the former B&C only because I could not believe that those folks doing the mischief thought that they were contributing anything.
I'm sorry if you are having problems. Three strikes is more than fair.

TCL 05-29-2002 03:09 AM

H4, what is that avatar? Is it an internal rendering of the VQ engine? Too small for me to discern.

john0213 05-29-2002 04:23 AM

Nice job Jay

hey h4light what's the pic on the avator? do u mind giving me the site where u find it? i'm interesting on the article about the picture if there is one~:rolleyes:

h4lights 05-29-2002 06:44 AM

It's a VG30:

It's actually an animated .gif of the induction process.
If you want a copy drop me a line at john@h4lights.com and I'll send a copy.

In2Gems 05-29-2002 08:21 AM

I have followed this site for a couple of weeks

and I'm glad to note I havent seen any offensive posts

Thanks for the hard work to make this an enjoyable forum !!!!!!!!

USMA71 05-30-2002 05:09 AM

JmanZ,

You're doing an awesome job. With literally hundreds of posts per day, I salute you for your effort in keeping this a respectable site.

You've given us a great forun to express ourselves. Those that migrate to hostility, confrontation, or disrepect towards others, should know that they will be at risk for continuing to have the priviledge of participating in this site.

You have demonstarted a fine record of tolerance and warnings to those that have violated this simple code of ethics. Continued disregard by these people leaves us all little choice but to ban them from further participation.

You've got my full support.;)

no_jalopy 05-30-2002 05:53 AM

Jay,
Well done. I don't understand why ANYBODY would get out of line on this forum. We should all be as happy as pigs in slop. We're getting a new car baby:D YEEEEHAWWWW. :D THE NEW Z!!!
I don't care who you are or what you say to me. You're not going to rain on my parade. We all work too hard for our money and life is too short. I'm so glad to converse with other people on this thread. I want everyone to share their excitement (about their Z)with me and I'll do the same. Let's enjoy the anticipation together. More then half the fun is the journey NOT the destination and being car lovers as we probably are that should be a natural for us. Ok, I'm done...sorry for rambling guys and girls. Keep up the great posts, I'm enjoying it.

no_jalopy

tbcz 05-30-2002 01:00 PM

Well said, no_jalopy :) . My thoughts exactly. I'm happier than pigs in slop right now. And with each new picture and tidbit of news it just gets better! :) :) :)

KingBaby 06-09-2011 04:05 AM

*Historic Artifact*

phreaktor 06-09-2011 04:27 AM

Lol, you're gonna get infracted like a mofo...

Flick Montana 06-09-2011 05:21 AM

Given the turn this site has taken from its original intent, maybe some people need to see this little piece of archaeology.

ColecatZ 06-09-2011 06:20 AM

I read the thread title and thought.... " OH NOEZ /flamesuitactivate ...who has the ..." and then I read that JmanZ was the thread creator and knew I HAD to click it and soak up the memories, LOL.....

This is a glimpse at the forum post 4chan youth-plague.

pangoman 06-09-2011 06:59 AM

It appears that this no longer applies...

trodis 06-09-2011 07:04 AM

http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/...surrection.jpg

Swimminggerman 06-09-2011 07:57 AM

Ive been on this forum for a couple of years. Love it. Back when I joined I was excited and over the years it has been so valuable. A LOT of information and knowledge. very helpful individuals. And some comical posts too. There have been some disrespectful posts and banter here and there. Sometimes a bit much, but deff not like other forums. non the less, I agree in keeping it clean. Simple; take responsibility for your actions (including crashes and tickets), posts etc. Expect some flaming for being naive, learn your lesson, be humble, respect those with more experience and knowledge. Sadly I am no longer as active on the forum due to selling the Z (moving to Oz) and participate on triumph675.net which is nearly comparable to this forum. But I still think this is a great forum with passionate and knowledgeable members. Appreciate what you have (350z.com) and dont ruin it.

evets 06-09-2011 09:32 AM

I appreciate the 'reigning in' on violators of common sense and decency. It seems that a noob asking a simple question gets flamed way too easily. Re-directing the person to the correct site is appropriate, but getting rude about it is so unnecessary! This site is made up of Z enthusiasts. Its a great car and the mods being done by members is amazing. Lets stick to car stuff and keep personal attachs away from this site! Nice work OP!:bowrofl:

BornSlippyZ 06-09-2011 10:00 AM

Damn, thread from the Dead!

verdict. 06-09-2011 10:06 AM

Thread may be old, but Jman hit the nail on the head. This is worth the read for both new and old members.

dcastillo819 06-09-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by KingBaby (Post 9192489)
*Historic Artifact*

Sticky? :dunno: Just putting it out there. But good find KingBaby. :thumbup:

Shizzmaster2k 06-10-2011 05:28 AM

I completely agree with you but a lot people on this forum submit their rude and obnoxious comments instead of providing positive feedback or insight to a question....EXCEPT WHEN ITS A REPOST AND THE OP REFUSES TO USE THE SEARCH OPTION! LOL!

Amirs350z 06-10-2011 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Shizzmaster2k (Post 9194851)
I completely agree with you but a lot people on this forum submit their rude and obnoxious comments instead of providing positive feedback or insight to a question....EXCEPT WHEN ITS A REPOST AND THE OP REFUSES TO USE THE SEARCH OPTION! LOL!

lol I hate when that happens.

henwhee 06-13-2011 06:44 AM

wooot !

Zakira 06-13-2011 11:32 AM

Damn, it's been nine years.

Legacy406 06-13-2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by verdict. (Post 9193103)
Thread may be old, but Jman hit the nail on the head. This is worth the read for both new and old members.

:werd:

Marcus93 06-13-2011 09:36 PM

Damn, I was only 9 years old when this was posted. Lol.

JedixSole 08-23-2011 06:46 PM

True with everything said

BigRez 08-23-2011 07:18 PM

Ive been on this forum and many others for 5 years and its still my favorite. Lets keep it clean.

JedixSole 08-23-2011 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by BigRez (Post 9333022)
Ive been on this forum and many others for 5 years and its still my favorite. Lets keep it clean.

i am a new user here, and i figured the new users should look at this as well. :rolleyes:

350Zdj 08-23-2011 10:47 PM

Long live my350z.
I've learned a lot from this site. Following the rules is the least i could contribute LOL.

WSchli1672 08-31-2011 03:10 PM

I've been on here for a while, enjoy it, and besides I have a "Z" :-)
Moderators are always good to have to keep the peace.

ThreeZ-350z 08-17-2012 04:03 PM

ALL I have to say is

you stupid piece of... jk jk

Very important information. Basic Etiquette for those unaware.
Good stuff, always important to have a posting like this once in a while.

Xx350xX 11-30-2012 08:28 PM

This is what keeps me coming to this forum
respect
very good info:)
thanks

03threefiftyz 12-07-2012 03:45 PM

Cleaned up.

motocrosser 08-30-2013 12:32 PM

very good ! there are rules in life and you have to follow them !

RedUzziJDM 01-03-2014 02:33 PM

Good Stuff :)

BranZ 01-03-2014 02:36 PM

Would be nice if the ideals that started this site were still in place.

warrior07 01-13-2014 06:38 AM

Why can't we all just get along..lol

tbcz 10-26-2015 05:54 PM

Love this old post. Those early days were a blast before the Z arrived and JmanZ (flaws and all) made this the best forum around.

- tbcz (my350z.com Charter Member #2 and site moderator way back in the day)