Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 08:03 AM
ZLuva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mcduck
[B]Bob, I've got a secret... I haven't even shared it with the other event planners, but I'll tell you if you keep it hush-hush... okay?

Hey!!!

Old 10-09-2003, 08:06 AM
drew703

Default im down!

Hey I'll definitely come out for that long weekend. It sounds like a good time, and I'll try and convince some more NorthernVA/MD/DC Z owners out there too! We'll try and form some kinda caravan down there.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:30 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mcduck
Bob, I've got a secret... I haven't even shared it with the other event planners, but I'll tell you if you keep it hush-hush... okay?
QUOTE]

OK Mrs. Connie Chung-Provich. Hush, hush -- just between us.

Bob
Old 10-10-2003, 04:27 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st Official Z-Club Sponsor!!!

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the first club to officially sign on as a sponsor for ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon!

Triangle Z Club based in the Raleigh, NC area has graciously agreed to co-sponsor the event.

Having met several of the members from Triangle Z Club already, I cannot begin to tell you what a great addition they are to the event.

Hopefully, we will soon be adding clubs to our sponsor list. I know several clubs needed to wait until their next club meeting to discuss participating so expect more announcements like this in the coming weeks!.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:03 PM
jreiter

Man, this look like a great event! Wish I was out there on the east coast during that time.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:35 AM
mcduck

Default Teaser Update

Just wanted everyone to know we are still working diligently to make this a great event.

We have yet another Z club that has given a verbal commitment (which hopefully we will see a written response for soon) and are negotiating with a MAJOR vendor sponsor... someone who is real interested in supporting the event.

We'll post more details as things are confirmed.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:11 AM
mcduck

bump...

just wanted to keep this on everyone's mind. We are still getting information back from vendors and clubs. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a full list of sponsor clubs soon!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:27 AM
mcduck

Default Yes, this thread's still alive!

an update for those wondering what's going on with event planning...

We now have 4 Z Club sponsors! With any luck we can sign on one or two more before finalizing our logos and t-shirt designs. Of course, if your Z club is not sponsoring and you still want to come, we hope you can still make it!

So far the following clubs (in no particular order) have signed on to sponsor the ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon event:
  • Triangle Z Club (NC)
  • Middle Tennessee Z Club (TN)
  • Upstate Z Club (SC)
  • Carolina Z Club (NC)

If you're club want to sponsor, I can still work them in but must hear from them before Christmas. We are now working with deadlines for printed material. After Christmas, anyone wanting to become a sponsor may no longer be able to get the full benefits of sponsorship.

Z Club Sponsorship questions should be directed to me (Andy Morris) at mcduck@earthlink.net
and
Vendor Sponsorship questions should be directed to Morris Morgan at mlmorgan5@adelphia.net

We have confirmed 2 Vendor Sponsors and are working on 3rd big one. I'll announce who when everything is finalized. These folks may or may not be at the show in person, but they will be contributing to the event in the form of giveaways and event advertising!

Event planning is still underway. I have tracked to a mobile dyno and will be endeavoring to get them to the event. Car show arrangements are locked. Hopefully, prior to the car show, we will be able to schedule a detailing clinic. We will also have several drive routes plotted out in printed form for handout at the event.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of fellow Z owners there.

I'll post more news here as it becomes available!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:47 AM
mcduck

BTW, for anyone interested in attending whose not with a sponsoring Z Club...

Rooms are available with Fontana Village at a 20% discount for ZDayZ attendees.

Just tell them you are booking a room for ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon and you should get the rate. They have everything from single rooms to cabins that can accomodate 3 or more people!
Old 01-08-2004, 10:34 AM
mcduck

Talking It's time for news! (almost)

Hi, folks!

Yes, we are still working deligently to bring an awesome event to the southeast in May.

Things are very much falling into place now and I hope we will have an event that will entice many to venture to the NC mountains.

Since my last post, we have confirmed a few more sponsors and some of the events.

In the coming weeks, I will be posting information about the event here (for the 350Z crowds) and on zcar.com (for everyone else). Expect a significant update/announcement about every other week where I will detail a particular event, the event schedule, the vendor list, and so on. The first one should be posted about 2 weeks from now.

In between, I will be answering what questions I can without revealing too much.

See you in the mountains!

PS - if any moderator is listening, it would be great if you could make this a sticky.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:21 AM
n2az

HEY MODERATOR, Let's make this a sticky and see what happens!
Old 01-13-2004, 08:23 AM
ZLuva

Hey n2az have you ever been to Tint Plus Customs in Anderson? I know the owner there.

Hey McDuck:
What happened Saturday? Did you dyno? Just for the record, I'll be there Z or no Z!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 12:40 PM
mcduck

Zluva,

Yes, we did dyno and got almost the same results as before. I posted info in the Engines forum under the TS'ed + Cams thread I have going.

I have a theory we had not thought of before I am testing this week. Hopefully more news over the weekend.

Glad to hear you are going to make it to ZDayZ. We certainly can use a few helping hands that weekend! Hell, I may so busy that I'll have to let you take my Z out so it will just see some road time over the weekend! well... maybe not....
Old 01-13-2004, 01:13 PM
ZLuva

Ha Ha. Very funny!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:58 PM
zmann

Just made my room reservations...my wife and I are there! Look forward to hearing more about the events...can't wait!!!

srm
Old 01-16-2004, 06:17 AM
Big Sexz

Question Question about dates

Mcduck,

First off, I want to send out a thanks to you and everyone working to make this possible. It sounds like an awesome time. I have already called the hotel and made reservations.

What are the dates which you are expecting people to check in and out? Are there going to be events on Fri, Sat, and Sun?

One last question not pertaining to dates: Is there going to be a BIKINI CONTEST?
Old 01-16-2004, 07:11 AM
ZLuva

Yeah that's what I'm talking about!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:53 AM
g35cfan

Is a G welcome at this event? It sounds like a hell of a good time.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:05 AM
mcduck

Default Quick answers...

What are the dates which you are expecting people to check in and out? Are there going to be events on Fri, Sat, and Sun?
There will be some things on Friday afternoon. Most activities are planned for late Friday, Saturday, or early Sunday. If you want to come in early, you can actually book a room for Thursday night (that's when I and the other organizers will arrive). This will give you Friday to hit the mountain roads. I think most will come in on Friday and participate in activities Sat & Sun, tho.

One last question not pertaining to dates: Is there going to be a BIKINI CONTEST?
We do not have one planned... being a first year event, we deliberately strayed away anything that may put off some potential attendees... We definitely don't want to alienate any of the lady Z drivers out there.

That said, if there's enough interest in having one and provided we have a good enough turnout (based on rooms booked), we can always add one to the schedule!

Is a G welcome at this event? It sounds like a hell of a good time.
Yes! G35s are welcome to come also. In fact, if I can get a commitment from enough G owners or from a G35 club or two, we'll add a G35 class to the car show.

About booking rooms...
Word of advice... if you are planning on coming, book your rooms soon. We have a reserved block of rooms good through the end of February. After that, it is first come, first serve for that weekend.
More importantly, the spring issue of SportZ will have a large ad for the event and will probably generate more buzz and more room bookings!
Old 01-16-2004, 01:07 PM
bhobson333

Default I'm in!

I booked a Dogwood cabin today for Thursday nite through Sunday nite for me, Eric1h (DB Touring) & G-Nite (Black G35 6MT Coupe). We're looking forward to it!

Last edited by bhobson333; 01-16-2004 at 08:18 PM.

Quick Reply: ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread