Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I tell what model I have? base, track, enthusiast?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 PM
NitroViper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look at this dealer website, the car was listed as a enthusiast model....

http://houserautogroup.com/used-car/...43t118650.html

•Carbon-fiber driveshaft.... lol

Last edited by NitroViper; 09-16-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Dark8lue

Originally Posted by davidv
Model year?

Photo of TCS or VDC button? Thanks.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:52 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by NitroViper
Sorry its a 2003.. If I knew the model there wouldn't be this thread... lol

There is no traction control buttons...
ding ding ding, BASE MODEL! Why would u buy a car not knowing what you're buying?
Old 09-17-2009, 04:05 AM
I DTW I

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude don't worry about it, with the 350Z the lines between the trim levels are blurred. I technically have an Enthusiast but I have every single option that Touring cars have. VDC, 18'', leather, Bose, heated seats. So trim levels don't really mean much, because when people bought these new from the dealership back in 2003 they always customized the options.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:26 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

This thread has a post in it that list all the trims/ect for each model:
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...questions.html
Old 09-17-2009, 06:49 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

So base model = no posi?

whats the easiest way to fix this? change the clutch packs in the rear end? I hate trying to take off fast against another car and 1 tires spins if I turn even the slightest bit. Already tried friction modifier.
You wouldn't have Posi with a touring either. Ours cars have LSD's , actually its a VLSD and it sucks, and have a short shelf life.

look at this dealer website, the car was listed as a enthusiast model....

http://houserautogroup.com/used-car/...43t118650.html

•Carbon-fiber driveshaft.... lol
can't get to the web page from work , but ??? Our cars DO have a CF driveshaft.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:57 AM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off I'm asking for help and ideas... If you dont have something constructive or helpful to say just keep it to yourself. This forum is FULL of negativity.

I bought a 2003 350z off this forum a few months ago and the dude told me it was a touring model. Well I didn't know much about Z's and just listened to him. After owning the car for a bit I like it but arnt these cars suposta be positraction? I do not have a traction control button. I hate that I cant get both tires to spin to drift. Is there an easy fix to make it posi?
There are a few things that bother me here.

1) Yeah, this forum is full of negativity, juvenile attitudes, and general a**holes. However, posts like these are just one of the reasons for it (not a justification, just an observation)

2) The answer to your question is easily found through a little searching. You have been on the forum since July so you should have realized that general this community prefers folks to try and search first, before asking their questions. Since you asked the question without any prior knowledge, you obviously didn't even try. That tells me that you think you are more important that this communities (somewhat lax) standards of etiquette.

3) I'm absolutely amazed that you would buy a car without knowing anything about the type of car you are buying. A little research goes a long ways. Granted, I have a slight bias against drifters, but still....

4) I'm equally amazed that you buy a particular car without knowing more about it's history.

5) You can find the specific answers to you initial question here
Old 09-17-2009, 07:20 AM
davg3500

Originally Posted by alex1089
Bs! I have a 35th anniversary and called the dealer and he tells me i have a base with all the upgardes possible. So i ask if its a base how come i have cruise control and he says bases came with cruise control... Which is obviously bull... Dont trust the dealer
This is why you get up and go to the dealer and ask them to print out the info on your Z, so you have a physical copy from there system. And also why your there, pick the persons brain that gave that info so you can learn how to read nissan VIN numbers. If they are unable to answer your question because of their lack of experience, ask for someone more experienced.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the purchase of your base 350Z. If I had to do it all over again, that's likely what I would buy anyway. The stock VLSD is crap anyway, so warrants replacement. The base is the lightest of the bunch, and I don't need any other bells and whistles. The only caveat is that you likely overpaid for it given the incorrect model listing - not my $. The outside of your Z looks nice, but the inside is bastardized. Who does that to a car? Probably some teenager who had their parents buy it for them so they thought it'd be cool to take the Z emblem and put switches everywhere.

You can change the diff to a NISMO or other. Figure on $1500.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:50 AM
NitroViper

Originally Posted by scotts300
The outside of your Z looks nice, but the inside is bastardized.
How is the inside bad? lol They tried to pry the Z off for some reason who knows... the switches are so so... but thats really the only thing done to the inside. Those Corbeau seats are $950 a piece.... The center console has a $1500 touch screen kenwood dvd/gps system with sirius.. The car as a $1100 Bellpro radar detector system... lol

Thanks for everyones help...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:23 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How is the inside bad? lol They tried to pry the Z off for some reason who knows... the switches are so so... but thats really the only thing done to the inside. Those Corbeau seats are $950 a piece.... The center console has a $1500 touch screen kenwood dvd/gps system with sirius.. The car as a $1100 Bellpro radar detector system... lol

Thanks for everyones help...

"If you dont have something constructive or helpful to say just keep it to yourself. This forum is FULL of negativity."
Remember, you asked. . .
1. Removal of door switches - ghetto
2. Expensive "race" seats look dirty in the gray part - maybe it's just how the cloth is angled, but it looks discolored
3. Ghetto removal of Z emblem - likely for teenager's girlfriend
4. Imitation carbon fiber interior accents - ghetto
5. Lack of plugs (like you pointed out)
6. I personally don't like that stubby aftermarket shift **** and soft boot
7. Random black button on console does what? Likely leaves a hole when you remove it.
8. Useless 3 RED switches behind the coin holder - where do they go and what do they connect to?

What's it look like under the hood? Are there any go-fast goodies, or just the "upgrades" I've described above? Like I said, the outside looks good, and it looks like you gave it a good detail. To me, the inside leaves something to be desired, I would have torn that crap out before I even posted any pictures.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:55 PM
NitroViper

Originally Posted by scotts300
Remember, you asked. . .
2. Expensive "race" seats look dirty in the gray part - maybe it's just how the cloth is angled, but it looks discolored
3. Ghetto removal of Z emblem - likely for teenager's girlfriend
7. Random black button on console does what? Likely leaves a hole when you remove it.
8. Useless 3 RED switches behind the coin holder - where do they go and what do they connect to?

What's it look like under the hood?
2. the seats are suede... it looks different everytime u rub your hand across them... I much rather have the heated leather stocks to tell u the truth..
3. The Z emblem is easily replaceable and im working on it.
7. that black button is the mute to the radar detector... and there in no hole.
8. the red switches dont look bad, good for nitrous and stuff. Actually every car show I been to everyone thinks they are some secret go fast rocket boosters lol...

Actually who ever had this car dumped alot of money into it.

look at this video you can see the engine bay. Also i removed the grey mesh grill.

Ill get a new video soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67YjxQf1uq8
Old 09-17-2009, 05:50 PM
rnalecz

Haha not sure what it could be, but ill tell you the car looks legit and sweet man. Love the color, it think its an awesome purchase anyway
Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Z_Youlater

Check this one...its a 100% guaranteed everytime. Does it have an outlet plug for a car charger place to the right of the headunit? If not, its a base model.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:46 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Z_Youlater
Check this one...its a 100% guaranteed everytime. Does it have an outlet plug for a car charger place to the right of the headunit? If not, its a base model.
?????????
Old 09-18-2009, 04:16 AM
McGuckin

only one Lambo door?
Old 09-18-2009, 05:22 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What did you end up paying for it?
Did you get all the original stock parts with the car?

Looks to me like it may have had an aftermarket steering wheel in it then a junkyard find put in afterwards. I wouldn't count on the airbag being functional.

Just with a quick search...looks like this guy still drives an auto z plus a GTR and a TT Supra...and loves to beat on his cars at the track...but he had to sell this one ASAP?
Old 09-18-2009, 08:23 AM
JEKL

First off I'm asking for help and ideas... If you dont have something constructive or helpful to say just keep it to yourself. This forum is FULL of negativity.
I think giving you feedback on your poor ability to make an educated decision is constructive.

These are the switches there now.. I didn't put them there. none of them do anything...

Do you and the passenger have to flip those switches at the same time while you turn the key to get the car to start? Kinda like how you see people on TV needed two people to launch a rocket.

I hate trying to take off fast against another car and 1 tires spins if I turn even the slightest bit. Already tried friction modifier.
Unless you are talking about the track, which I doubt, just don't street race. Problem solved!

Originally Posted by dhays
1) Yeah, this forum is full of negativity, juvenile attitudes, and general a**holes. However, posts like these are just one of the reasons for it (not a justification, just an observation)

2) The answer to your question is easily found through a little searching. You have been on the forum since July so you should have realized that general this community prefers folks to try and search first, before asking their questions. Since you asked the question without any prior knowledge, you obviously didn't even try. That tells me that you think you are more important that this communities (somewhat lax) standards of etiquette.

3) I'm absolutely amazed that you would buy a car without knowing anything about the type of car you are buying. A little research goes a long ways. Granted, I have a slight bias against drifters, but still....
on ALL counts.

Originally Posted by davg3500
This is why you get up and go to the dealer and ask them to print out the info on your Z, so you have a physical copy from there system. And also why your there, pick the persons brain that gave that info so you can learn how to read nissan VIN numbers. If they are unable to answer your question because of their lack of experience, ask for someone more experienced.
I have always been told that the VIN has nothing to do with the trim level. Here is what I have always used when checking the VIN.

How is the inside bad? lol The car as a $1100 Bellpro radar detector system... lol

$1,100 and they just stick the rader on the steering column and drill a hole in your console for a mute button? You would think that kind of money would buy you a nice stealth set up instead of something that is extremely conspicuous to a potential theif.

Originally Posted by McGuckin
only one Lambo door?
Granted Lambo doors are tacky as hell, but please tell me that there are at least two of them.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:28 AM
NitroViper

The car has both lambo doors. As for them being tacky? Everyone I show in person about freaks out when they see them open. They open both ways, So I dont see how people in the forum have to whine about them. Keep your thoughts to yourself if you dont like something. Ive owned many diff cars and been to many car forums, This is by far the most negative and unsupportive forum. Some of you need to grow up.

The radar detector mute button is on the center console yes... and there is no drilled holes. If you took it out no one would ever know it was there. Its funny how every car has to be perfect or you guys bash the **** out of it. Should every Z be stock and nothing unique at all?

About the drivers side airbag, I'm not sure. The airbag light does work tho.

Last edited by NitroViper; 09-18-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:29 PM
JEKL

As for them being tacky? Everyone I show in person about freaks out when they see them open. They open both ways, So I dont see how people in the forum have to whine about them.
Are you attending El Camino car shows or something?

Keep your thoughts to yourself if you dont like something. Ive owned many diff cars and been to many car forums, This is by far the most negative and unsupportive forum. Some of you need to grow up.
And you need to get thicker skin and realize that if you offer pics, unsolicited I might add, then you will get comments that are not in love with your tacky car.

If you think people here are too mean and hurt your vagina, you can always try NICO. Those sweet asses would love you!

The radar detector mute button is on the center console yes... and there is no drilled holes. If you took it out no one would ever know it was there. Its funny how every car has to be perfect or you guys bash the **** out of it. Should every Z be stock and nothing unique at all?
Nope, at least half the people here are not stock. But people here do like that clean look. Not the "My car just got broken into" look.

Quick Reply: How do I tell what model I have? base, track, enthusiast?