Sponsored by:

What have you done for your Z today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 12:13 PM
chewwyy

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by carbuffguy
Wait...what? Winter's over?
ha ha.. the winter's are still on and the heated seats are still in full-time use
Old 04-16-2018, 03:30 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Spring has sprung over here.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:07 PM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Spring has sprung over here.
Yep, snow here tomorrow. WTH
Old 04-17-2018, 08:12 AM
THIRZTY

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

2goatZ ??? LOL
Attached Thumbnails What have you done for your Z today?-2018-04-07-15.32.11.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
zwei_the_c (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by THIRZTY
2goatZ ??? LOL
Did they eat the front end off that car??
The following 2 users liked this post by zakmartin:
Atreyu'z 350 (04-22-2018), BigBlue (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 08:12 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Putting in some work.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:36 AM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Zak, didn't you know that "Goat Power" (RWGP) is far superior to Horse Power? It's the new thing on the street/track!
zakmartin (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 09:38 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Zak, didn't you know that "Goat Power" (RWGP) is far superior to Horse Power? It's the new thing on the street/track!
thought only GTO's had goat powa
The following 2 users liked this post by travlee:
BigBlue (04-18-2018), zakmartin (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 03:19 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

That took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Ended up having to straighten out part of the engine cradle where the lower control arms goes into it. The new bushings are much fatter and the car must have taken a hit from the previous owner.. It worked out ok with a BFH and a blow torch.

Tip on anyone using mevotek ball joints re-use the original nut with the built in washer, the supplied castle nut does not inspire confidence.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:34 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Picture of what im talking about.

blufc3s (04-22-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 11:55 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Not that anyone cares bit today did not start out well.

It was in fact snowing... O well, got the drivers side done...

Little scared to drive it because I know im about to listen to some new squeaks and other odd noises... The old ball joints were real floppy at 80k miles. Still seemed ok just a lit of free motion.

My lower control arm bushings were starting to crack on the shock mount, and the subframe bushing is kinda a jokely set-up.

I'll be sure to play with my old parts at some point.

zwei_the_c (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 01:15 PM
zwei_the_c

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

I haven't done much. But I got these, Number Plate lock bolt.

I was going to order covers for the original screws, but then I saw these and thought, why not? For about mid $30, my personalized plate will be safe. Some part in me thought maybe someone might actually want "HR Z33" on their rides.

I was browsing around and saw a nice center cap (below, Black Chrome/Blue) and wished it fit on my 57XTREME wheels. They look much better than my current ones. The hub clearance is 9mm on both center caps (below and my current). Though for 57XTREME uses 2 screws to hold the center cap. While one below snaps into place of 57DR and 57CR wheels.

I looked around and thought about some kind of hack job, but I dunno. Is there an idea I don't know about? Super Glue? I could write a letter to RAYS for a product request but that won't happen most likely.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:19 PM
THIRZTY

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Maybe... they pretty much eat everything BUT the tall grass and weeds around the property...
Old 04-20-2018, 07:14 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

@ DBoy,
You're good, br0. Nice work, no excuses from young men.

(Waits for T-Rav comment re "Pappy" LMAO.)
dboyzalter (04-22-2018)
Old 04-21-2018, 02:25 PM
The Swede

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

So today I FINALLY installed this!

First ever cold start:
View this post on Instagram

Don't get me wrong I love snow and freezing temperatures but I ain't getting under the car at sub zero temps unless I absolutely have to.

I also shaved my APR cooling plate some to fit better, dose HR probz

BigBlue (04-21-2018)
Old 04-21-2018, 05:02 PM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

Very nice Swede! That sounds familiar; you will find that you can hear it a mile away when you get someone to "get on it" no doubt. Congratulations on getting an awesome exhaust, you are going to love it! *Hey, I'm 1/2 Swedish (I love pickled Herring "sill", lingonberries, etc.); my Dad's parents were born and raised in Sweden and I have a bunch of relatives over there; beautiful Country! *also I have the exact APR cooling plate on mine.

Last edited by BigBlue; 04-21-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:26 PM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Did my rear diff bushings and tranny mount bushing.

If anyone in New England more specfically near Providence, RI, I highly recommend going to GearHead Systems International in Warick, RI.

Its a DIY shop with 5 bays, each equipped with a lift, air tools and any sort of tool you can imagine. The whole shabang as if it was a real automotive shop. I had access to a press and sawzaw as well which made the process of removing rear diff a heck ton easier. PLUS, its family owned and the husband and wife are super nice people.

As for the diff bushings: I got there at 12pm and left at 7:15 pm, took a few breaks and had lunch there. I was by-myself in my bay and didn't run into any issues. Removed the crusty exhaust, dropped the drive shaft, transmission mount was removed and replaced in about 5 minutes.

The rear diff bushings were a bit longer but not too bad. Dropped the diff and Ron the shop owner came over to help remove the 2 ear bushings on the diff with air hammer which took about 3 minutes. Then I spent about 1 hour removing the larger bushing on the subframe. I used the Z1 tool first to remove the inner sleeve. However the outer sleeve was a bit more stubborn. The Z1 tool has a larger diameter plate to remove the inner sleeve but it has to fit on at a perfect angle or it will just chew into the subframe. I ended up using a sawzaw for ~45 minutes to cut up the sleeve in different places and punched it out. install was a breeze. Most of my time was just lifting the car up and removing rusted exhaust and the diff itself.

My diff bushings weren't that shot and no fluid was oozing out so I didn't notice a huge difference in driving but I did notice less rear end dip when i throttle. Also almost no rear end dip when I shift from 3-4-5. My transmission mount was still in great shape and I replaced with nissan OEM tranny mount since i heard a lot of reviews about the polyurathane one having a lot of NVH. Overall car feels a bit better. Gunna go back there and replace exhaust and install my bilsteins in a month.

didn't take too many pics but feel free to PM for questions!

http://gearheadsystemsinternational.com/

Old 04-21-2018, 05:31 PM
The Swede

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

@Blue

Hehe my dad could hear me moving my car around, I used his garage which is ~300m from his house with 4 story buildings in between.
I havn't got on it yet, gonna do an oil change tomorrow and after that maybe some back roads but so far im blown away by the deepness of it. Love the sound!

*Heyyyy! For being a small country with only 10mil we got relatives and half-swedes everywhere!
My girlfriend (soon to be wife, don't tell her, havn't asked yet) is half american so soon I'll have a bunch o relatives over in Sacramento and San Diego.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:50 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by Bak3rme
Did my rear diff bushings and tranny mount bushing.

If anyone in New England more specfically near Providence, RI, I highly recommend going to GearHead Systems International in Warick, RI.

Its a DIY shop with 5 bays, each equipped with a lift, air tools and any sort of tool you can imagine. The whole shabang as if it was a real automotive shop. I had access to a press and sawzaw as well which made the process of removing rear diff a heck ton easier. PLUS, its family owned and the husband and wife are super nice people.

As for the diff bushings: I got there at 12pm and left at 7:15 pm, took a few breaks and had lunch there. I was by-myself in my bay and didn't run into any issues. Removed the crusty exhaust, dropped the drive shaft, transmission mount was removed and replaced in about 5 minutes.

The rear diff bushings were a bit longer but not too bad. Dropped the diff and Ron the shop owner came over to help remove the 2 ear bushings on the diff with air hammer which took about 3 minutes. Then I spent about 1 hour removing the larger bushing on the subframe. I used the Z1 tool first to remove the inner sleeve. However the outer sleeve was a bit more stubborn. The Z1 tool has a larger diameter plate to remove the inner sleeve but it has to fit on at a perfect angle or it will just chew into the subframe. I ended up using a sawzaw for ~45 minutes to cut up the sleeve in different places and punched it out. install was a breeze. Most of my time was just lifting the car up and removing rusted exhaust and the diff itself.

My diff bushings weren't that shot and no fluid was oozing out so I didn't notice a huge difference in driving but I did notice less rear end dip when i throttle. Also almost no rear end dip when I shift from 3-4-5. My transmission mount was still in great shape and I replaced with nissan OEM tranny mount since i heard a lot of reviews about the polyurathane one having a lot of NVH. Overall car feels a bit better. Gunna go back there and replace exhaust and install my bilsteins in a month.

didn't take too many pics but feel free to PM for questions!

http://gearheadsystemsinternational.com/

Nice, job, what are you doing for exhaust? Some local dude is selling a Gemini im a little tempted to swap out my borla.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:30 PM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Nice, job, what are you doing for exhaust? Some local dude is selling a Gemini im a little tempted to swap out my borla.
Thanks! I was actually looking at invidia gemini also. I think i know which one. THe one on CL? i texted him but never got a response, emailed too. I wanted invidia gemini because it is just a tad louder than stock and also has the rolled tips like stock. Been rocking this ebay HKS rep with magna flow reasonator for too long.

Quick Reply: What have you done for your Z today?