Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

i doubt in buying a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
ckmeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i doubt in buying a 350z

i really love the look and performance of 350z but now that i went through alota threads on this forum, i doubt in buying a 07 350z. Alot of people were having noise when going over bump or at certain speed from suspension or exhaust bracket. Even though the car is 07 and around 30000 miles, people have trans gear grinding issues. Many ppls says that it still didn't fix after changing 2~3 trans.
Slave cylinder, and airbag recalls. Trunk damper problem.

Etc and Etc. I do not get why 350z owners say that 350z is the best car even though the car has many problems. I think that 350z modifiers won't mind about the problems because they'll be replacing the parts for racing.

Is it just me that 350z is not a reliable car?
Old 02-22-2010, 05:48 PM
zrzly?

yes, the 350z does admittedly have some faults, but none that make it any less reliable, or any less drivable than any other car on the market. things that you've mentioned are relative, and in all honesty different from car to car. One z's tranny might grind, the one next to it might be just fine. But, to level with you, if you have to question whether or not to buy one based on a few subjective problems that may or may not happen to you, then the 350z isn't the car for you.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

1) The squeeky wheel syndrome - people with problems complain. people with none, you'll never hear from them. There are a lot more of us with no problems then those with them.

2) Some of those "problems" you describe I've never even heard of, so I doubt they are that common.

I'd suggest moving on. I don't think you could ever find a car that would totally meet your impossibly high standards - i.e. no problems at all. Buy a Toyota.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:15 PM
boosted99gst

I doubt in your grammar.

As Mod said, you'll never hear "I drove my Z today, no issues"
Old 02-22-2010, 06:20 PM
RedlineAZ

Obviously we all love our Z's that's why we own em. We each took a chance and made an investment in a car that we thought was the best bang for our buck and had great style/potential. There is going to be issues with ANY car you buy, that's what warranty is for. Check for issues, and get them fixed before your at the 3yr/36k mile mark if its a bumper to bumper issue, or before 5yr/60k for powertrain. If your really scared, get it certified used from a dealer and you will have 100k powertrain warranty!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:22 PM
BlueZ33

im interested in where you have been doing your research
but i had an 03 with 88k miles and never a proble except going through 1 transmission and now an 08 and not a single problem
but googd luck elsewhere
Old 02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you study the Buying Leasing forum, you will see that 19 out of 20 new members do NOT get a 350Z. Unlike the Accord and Camry, for example, the 350Z pushes the limits of performance and handling. Something has to give. And with any performance sports car that is often reliability. If you want to play - you have to pay.

The 350Z is not for everyone.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:35 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
1) The squeeky wheel syndrome - people with problems complain.
ha ha. If you start a thread with

When I back-up my car sounds funny.

Others will join in with OMG same thing happens to me! What should we do?

Panic ensues.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:36 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) The squeeky wheel syndrome - people with problems complain. people with none, you'll never hear from them. There are a lot more of us with no problems then those with them.

2) Some of those "problems" you describe I've never even heard of, so I doubt they are that common.

I'd suggest moving on. I don't think you could ever find a car that would totally meet your impossibly high standards - i.e. no problems at all. Buy a Toyota.
I'd take a stuck gas pedal over any of the issues the Zs have
Old 02-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by ckmeee
i really love the look and performance of 350z but now that i went through alota threads on this forum, i doubt in buying a 07 350z. Alot of people were having noise when going over bump or at certain speed from suspension or exhaust bracket. Even though the car is 07 and around 30000 miles, people have trans gear grinding issues. Many ppls says that it still didn't fix after changing 2~3 trans.
Slave cylinder, and airbag recalls. Trunk damper problem.

Etc and Etc. I do not get why 350z owners say that 350z is the best car even though the car has many problems. I think that 350z modifiers won't mind about the problems because they'll be replacing the parts for racing.

Is it just me that 350z is not a reliable car?
Huh? The Z is consistently judged by various rating sources and evaluators as a very reliable high-performance two-seat sports car. In fact the Z’s reliability sounds too good to be true when compared to other cars in its class, not to mention the exotics.

Nope. And if that’s the case, a couple of twists on a wrench solve the problem.

Again, no… not true. The transmission problem you reference was in early models Zs (going back 7 years to 2003.). Current year models have very reliable transmissions, and problem reports here are rare.

Hello? Where are you getting your statistics? The Z in these categories matches the rest of the Nissan car line, and these are rated excellent.

Jeez! This is only a problem if you live in Frostbite Falls, and it’s easily repaired by installing some very inexpensive dampers that are designed to support a rear hatch wing/spoiler. People in warm climates never experience this. If it's a problem, spend some minor cash and a few minutes. Fixed.

Could you be a little more specific?

Many problems you say?... What are the many problems?

Replacing parts (custom modifications) invites more reliability problems than remaining “stock.” I’m surprised that you are not aware of this.

It is "just you."

--Spike
Old 02-22-2010, 06:45 PM
KS0385

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidv
ha ha. If you start a thread with

When I back-up my car sounds funny.

Others will join in with OMG same thing happens to me! What should we do?

Panic ensues.
Dude... not to get off topic, but mine started doing this about a month ago. 28,000 miles on my 2008. Annoying as hell.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by KS0385
Dude... not to get off topic, but mine started doing this about a month ago. 28,000 miles on my 2008. Annoying as hell.
Recall! Recall!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
ckmeee

i have a 06 G35 coupe that never had any problem in trans or noise. so i was wondering..why the Zs have problems. Maybe i can bare with the problems Zs are not that expensive comparing to other cars like this.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:52 PM
ckmeee

Originally Posted by BlueZ33
im interested in where you have been doing your research
but i had an 03 with 88k miles and never a proble except going through 1 transmission and now an 08 and not a single problem
but googd luck elsewhere
was it under warranty?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:54 PM
zrzly?

Originally Posted by KS0385
I really wish sarcasm were more easily detected through typing lol.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 PM
hellsy

I am still in the breaking-in period, but it has been nearly 6 months since i got her and i am at 13k on my 08 Z.. I don't know... What you take on these little issues but once you are sitting in that cockpit, there are somethings you can accept.. I haven't seen a perfect car on the road, have you..?

Perfect is a relative term i guess.. I think 350Z is just perfect..
Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 PM
ckmeee

Originally Posted by hellsy
I am still in the breaking-in period, but it has been nearly 6 months since i got her and i am at 13k on my 08 Z.. I don't know... What you take on these little issues but once you are sitting in that cockpit, there are somethings you can accept.. I haven't seen a perfect car on the road, have you..?

Perfect is a relative term i guess.. I think 350Z is just perfect..
i never had noise comming from my g35 except for brake squealing. The squealing sound ticks me off and i thought other noise would **** me off too.
Noise isn't my thing lol
Old 02-22-2010, 07:37 PM
hellsy

Originally Posted by ckmeee
i never had noise comming from my g35 except for brake squealing. The squealing sound ticks me off and i thought other noise would **** me off too.
Noise isn't my thing lol
Well if noise isn't your thing look for other alternatives..Z is known to be a little loud inside, but again.. When you are sitting in that seat.. You would know that it is the right car. I am not a mechanic, but if a car is making any kind of noise, it is telling you that something isn't right..
Old 02-22-2010, 07:42 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are u kidding me.. toyota has gas pedal problems....

but what u said are true. every automaker has issues with their cars. it is the major issue that count. Trivial issues are common for every car.

anyways, u need to test drive a Z to feel it. U will love "The Z" performance. It is rock solid even when u hit 130 mph. Compared to Mercedes slk, s2000, miata... Z is the best. (In my opinion tho )
Old 02-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Lee R

You are the guy that started that thread about putting lower octane gas in a Z to save money! And you already have a G that runs on 91? WTF?

Quick Reply: i doubt in buying a 350z