MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Z plus ice/snow=Fail (Sorry for the long post) (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/482261-z-plus-ice-snow-fail-sorry-for-the-long-post.html)

larue582 04-09-2010 09:30 PM

UPDATE: Z plus ice/snow=Fail (Sorry for the long post)

4 Attachment(s)
So as I been browsing I see everybody is gettin in to accidents this time of year...
I'm guilty as well, not that great of driver in the snowy Wyoming conditions being that I'm from Cali. Anyways I was headed down the hwy and it had snowed earlier in the day and its the weekend, anybody ever been to Wyoming you don't like hangin out here on the weekends. Anyways I'm leaving this place in July I never been to Casper so I decided to go visit some friends, its Close to 9 PM I would say and I was bending this corner, the back end got out a lil so I slowed to about 30-40 MPH. As I came out of the corner my car kept cornering and there it went 360 degrees and I slide off into a, "THANK GOD", smooth sloped ditch I would call it.

Needles to say damage was a lost the passenger side skirt, damaged wheel well gaurds and front splash gaurd, broken radiator brace clamp, chipped up front bumper and the rear bumper was jared. Apologize for not having pix of the damage when it happened but I was outside waitin on a tow truck til 1 AM n it was freezing.

My cars in the shop and I got pix from the shop, I'm changing the color cuz I wanna attempt to get away wit the issues with this car that I feel most people have there 1st few years having them. Also throughout my reading I know most of you don't care to much for the V3 kit but 2 each his own. ANd yes the kit was on when this all occurred So I decided to take care of all the issues, dents, and what not the previous owner created. Car should be painted and repaired by next Friday been there since last Monday.

Attachment 283200 Attachment 283203
Attachment 283202 Attachment 283201

christoc 04-09-2010 10:19 PM

where's the long post at? :P

ImWeeZzel 04-09-2010 10:28 PM

I like your sig

mistanismo 04-10-2010 04:01 AM

Hi, were you using snow tires?

larue582 04-10-2010 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by mistanismo (Post 8286572)
Hi, were you using snow tires?

:icon22: Nah, no snow tires there were actually my next purchase 2 put on my stocks.

DavesZ#3 04-10-2010 07:52 AM

Wow, imagine that. Somebody had an accident on snow/ice. Go figure.....

mistanismo 04-10-2010 11:38 AM

^x2.

If you have the money for a RWD 2 seater coupe, and you choose to drive it in the winter, you should definitely be intelligent enough to fork out the 500-700$ for a set of steelies and proper tires.

I got caught ONCE before I put on my snows in my previous Z... in about an inch of snow, turned on my flashers and drove home not in excess of 15mph.... you have 0 traction on low profile summers. I don't even understand how you competently made it that far lol, oh well... live and learn eh, at least you and no one else were injured.

Legacy406 04-10-2010 03:54 PM

devilz

larue582 05-06-2010 08:08 AM

Update

5 Attachment(s)
I finally got my car out of the shop... Decided to cahnge the color due to all issues i.e. replacing the clutch, random X rantz and the accident... Haven't had a chance to take to many photos...The Nice Rides photos was jus a coincidence
Attachment 286580 Attachment 286581 Attachment 286582 Attachment 286583 Attachment 286584

neox 05-06-2010 09:32 AM

Get some tint on her and *drool*

larue582 05-06-2010 09:42 AM

My homegirl wants to do that 4 my B Day Imight let her...

sevensinz79 05-06-2010 10:14 AM

I live in Arkansas where snow is not as plenty but still i've never driven a rwd w/out 4wd (former tacoma owner) in the snow so by this winter im gonna freak out a few times im guessing. Im a former California resident and never had to deal with snow when I had my other modified cars. Arkansas never gets that much snow, usually only a day of it and then its melted, so im hoping its not too bad.

BTW nice color change g'luck with the tint

Hokie350Z 05-06-2010 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mistanismo (Post 8287003)
^x2.

If you have the money for a RWD 2 seater coupe, and you choose to drive it in the winter, you should definitely be intelligent enough to fork out the 500-700$ for a set of steelies and proper tires.

I got caught ONCE before I put on my snows in my previous Z... in about an inch of snow, turned on my flashers and drove home not in excess of 15mph.... you have 0 traction on low profile summers. I don't even understand how you competently made it that far lol, oh well... live and learn eh, at least you and no one else were injured.

anyone recommend a good set of snow tires? i can't find the blizzak anymore

larue582 05-06-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by sevensinz79 (Post 8361992)
I live in Arkansas where snow is not as plenty but still i've never driven a rwd w/out 4wd (former tacoma owner) in the snow so by this winter im gonna freak out a few times im guessing. Im a former California resident and never had to deal with snow when I had my other modified cars. Arkansas never gets that much snow, usually only a day of it and then its melted, so im hoping its not too bad.

I'm from Cali as well never driven on snow til I went 2 Germany (FWD Honda), Then came here n found out that its impossible. It went from 0-God knows how much snow in minutes, but I have learned my lesson.:(

dhays 05-06-2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by sevensinz79 (Post 8361992)

Don't freak out, just don't drive the car in snow or ice. Intelligent and prudent decisions will avoid all problems.

sevensinz79 05-07-2010 12:19 PM

i only live 10 minutes away from work so im hoping its not too bad once its salted.

Spike100 05-07-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by larue582 (Post 8286364)
[... ] As I came out of the corner my car kept cornering and there it went 360 degrees and I slide off into a, "THANK GOD", smooth sloped ditch I would call it. [ ...]

Whew! That was close. :eek: If there is one characteristic about the roads in Wyoming, it's the danger you face if you hit the ditch. Once you leave the Interstate, many of the road ditches are "roll-overs." I cannot believe how many roadside memorials you see marking a fatality where someone lost control and ran off the road.

Another hazard is how frequently you encounter cattle wandering on the highway in the western part of the State. You sure don’t want to hit a heavy cow (the carcass would fly over the hood, collapse the Z’s windscreen, and end up in your lap), but you don’t want to hit that steep and rocky ditch either. :(

I think it would be wise going with at least all-season tires year around in Wyoming. You can hit snow and ice most of the year there, especially if you are driving in higher elevations.

--Spike

Dr. Venture 05-08-2010 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by larue582 (Post 8286364)
So as I been browsing I see everybody is gettin in to accidents this time of year...

probably because no one knows how to drive.:icon30:

larue582 05-09-2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Spike100 (Post 8365800)
Whew! That was close. :eek: If there is one characteristic about the roads in Wyoming, it's the danger you face if you hit the ditch. Once you leave the Interstate, many of the road ditches are "roll-overs." I cannot believe how many roadside memorials you see marking a fatality where someone lost control and ran off the road.

Another hazard is how frequently you encounter cattle wandering on the highway in the western part of the State. You sure don’t want to hit a heavy cow (the carcass would fly over the hood, collapse the Z’s windscreen, and end up in your lap), but you don’t want to hit that steep and rocky ditch either. :(

I think it would be wise going with at least all-season tires year around in Wyoming. You can hit snow and ice most of the year there, especially if you are driving in higher elevations.

--Spike

I know now...

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture (Post 8366771)
probably because no one knows how to drive.:icon30:

Lol...