2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Thinking about buying a Z...COMING from a G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 AM
only1waqas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about buying a Z...COMING from a G35 Coupe

Hey Guys,

I am new to my350z..been a member of g35driver for 5 years now. ok let me get to the chase.

I had a 04 G35 Coupe 6mt and recently sold it cause it was coming to the point of needing to change the clutch but didnt want to deal wit it.

I was happy with the G i loved it...It was daily driven..i commute 75miles a day.

I love the 6mt from nissan thats why i went with a G...but now i miss it...

i am contemplating getting an 05 350z Enthusiast Red with black interior 33K miles 6mt...it has nismo exhaust and nismo spoiler.

Anyways my question is as far as daily driving, is the car comfortable to go on long drives without my butt swelling or back aching.

would you recommend the Z as a Daily Driver? On a full tank given a stock motor what kind of highway mileage do you guys get?

Can you tell the difference between the BOSE and NON BOSE Sound system on the Z?

Thanks,
Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 AM
MarvinMartian

What are you going to do when you have to replace the clutch on the Z?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 AM
only1waqas

Originally Posted by MarvinMartian
What are you going to do when you have to replace the clutch on the Z?
Well the Z is something that i am thinking about keeping....So i will replace the clutch..

When do u usually replace the clutch on the Z?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:05 AM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by only1waqas
Well the Z is something that i am thinking about keeping....So i will replace the clutch..

When do u usually replace the clutch on the Z?

When it stops working.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Ronin82

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys,

I am new to my350z..been a member of g35driver for 5 years now. ok let me get to the chase.

I had a 04 G35 Coupe 6mt and recently sold it cause it was coming to the point of needing to change the clutch but didnt want to deal wit it.

I was happy with the G i loved it...It was daily driven..i commute 75miles a day.

i am contemplating getting an 05 350z Enthusiast Red with black interior 33K miles 6mt...it has nismo exhaust and nismo spoiler.

Anyways my question is as far as daily driving, is the car comfortable to go on long drives without my butt swelling or back aching.

would you recommend the Z as a Daily Driver? On a full tank given a stock motor what kind of highway mileage do you guys get?

Can you tell the difference between the BOSE and NON BOSE Sound system on the Z?

Thanks,
Mines is a DD, MPG on the high under 3000k RPM's@cruise control 26-27, depending on the terrain. The MPG gauge selection is notorious for being off so manuelly do. I can drive mine daily and stay happy.

Back is usually ok even on long trips, I'm not one to have a sweaty a$$ so it also works out.
As far as the Bose, its nice, you can pretty much upgrade the stereo your self, only thing really nice about the Bose Z's are the placement of the sub.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:08 AM
JRUBIO350

i commute 60 miles a day on my z, enjoy every minute
gas is pretty decent
go for it
Old 05-10-2010, 09:08 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Do a search, there are literally 100 threads on G vs. Z; G to Z; etc.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:15 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Guys,

Thanks,
It is not as comfortable as your G35 - I've had both. Gas mileage is from the same engine, so it will be very similar if you have the same foot in each car. Bose and non-Bose are VERY different. The Bose isn't that good (though I liked the one in my G35), but the non-Bose 350Zs are absolutely horrible.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:33 AM
only1waqas

Originally Posted by scotts300
It is not as comfortable as your G35 - I've had both. Gas mileage is from the same engine, so it will be very similar if you have the same foot in each car. Bose and non-Bose are VERY different. The Bose isn't that good (though I liked the one in my G35), but the non-Bose 350Zs are absolutely horrible.
how is the NON-BOSE compared to Non-BOSE in G35?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 AM
ms350z

Hey Guys,

Thanks,
So you "loved" your G and you sold it because it needed a new clutch? The 350 is not going to be as luxurious or comfortable as your G was, but it isn't bad. The suspension is definitely firmer, so if you ride on rough roads you might want to take this into consideration. As somebody else stated, gas mileage should be similar to your G. I average about 24mpg with 80% interstate/20% town driving... if you mostly drive around town, somewhere around 17mpg would be normal, with solid interstate driving 26-30mpg is possible. Bose and non-bose systems both suck, the best option if you care about sound is to get a car with non-bose system and replace it with an aftermarket head unit.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Ronin82

Originally Posted by scotts300
. Bose and non-Bose are VERY different. The Bose isn't that good (though I liked the one in my G35), but the non-Bose 350Zs are absolutely horrible.
really??? I never thought it wasn't that much better. definatley better though.
Then again, I've had upgraded Orions for awhile, so maybe I've forgotten.
The Bose sub was though money though
Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 AM
tylerxfire

i love the z and think it is just fine and comfortable...imo get a touring model with all the extras..I also feel my bose is just fine and sounds pretty good
Old 05-10-2010, 10:29 AM
FineWine

The BLOSE in the Z is embarrassingly terrible.

I have not heard a non-BLOSE though.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

how is the NON-BOSE compared to Non-BOSE in G35?
I don't know, my G35 had Bose, and not many Gs didn't have Bose. The Gs have more speakers than the 350, so it should at least be louder and maybe carry a little more base.

Originally Posted by Ronin82
really??? I never thought it wasn't that much better. definatley better though.
Then again, I've had upgraded Orions for awhile, so maybe I've forgotten.
The Bose sub was though money though
The Z non-Bose is horrible. It's quiet, tinny, and just plain lousy. At least one can get by with the OEM Bose, though audio enthusiasts will say even that is horrible. The G Bose was pretty good, the extra speakers likely help to fill in the sound.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:59 AM
arsey51

Did you carry a lot of stuff with you when you had your G? In other words, a lot of stuff in your trunk or back seat? If so, you will miss the extra room the G provides. Remember, no trunk with the Zee and you can fill up the rear area real quick. So if you like to bring things wth you, you may want to rethink what you want to bring along and where will you put it? I went from a Frontier truck to the Zee so you know I had some issues........
but wouldn't change a thing........
Old 05-10-2010, 11:13 AM
glenns280

bose sounds good to me
Old 05-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Originally Posted by FineWine
The BLOSE in the Z is embarrassingly terrible.

I have not heard a non-BLOSE though.
Originally Posted by glenns280
bose sounds good to me
the only people who complain about the bose are the ones who spend thousands of dollars on car audio. if you're not one of them, then the bose is great.

and i dont really get what youre asking, the G and the Z are the exact same car when it comes to the things youre asking about
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 AM
larue582

Ive heard both BOSE and NON-BOSE... I don't think there is much difference in clarity but you have no sub in the NON-BOSE (behind the seat). Soon as I got the Z, I swapped the head unit. There isn't much difference IMO, but upgraded speaker will help compared to any stock speakers.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
the only people who complain about the bose are the ones who spend thousands of dollars on car audio. if you're not one of them, then the bose is great.

and i dont really get what youre asking, the G and the Z are the exact same car when it comes to the things youre asking about
Correct, though I think the G has (at least) 2 more speakers, which are at the outer elbow of the rear passengers.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Romanteni

G35/350z are VERY similar cars, but doesn't mean they both ride the same. When it comes to ride comfort- HUGE different. If you got used to luxury ride of the G, forget it. Z is much stiffer, you WILL feel every little bump and every little rock that jumps up from your rubber hitting against the well. The G's sound dampering is amazing- the Z- horrible. U can hear every little chip. So for a daily driver, I'd take the G, as a weekend car, definitely Z.

Again, personal preference, you can do what I did and sound insolate the car a bit (z), plus depends which package you go with. Leather heated seats are pretty dam comfy, steering/handling is great. Long trips on a Z, just got to make sure to take pretty frequent breaks and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a Z...COMING from a G35 Coupe