MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Who's driving their 350z year round? (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/4939-whos-driving-their-350z-year-round.html)

Beka Z 07-15-2008 02:34 AM

Luckily I just moved to FL - summer year round...

but yes, i drove my z year round in TN. rain/snow, etc. it only iced over once or twice, and the kdw's did well :)

illeagle 07-15-2008 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo
Yep, my "Zee's" a daily driver...If I bought it, it was to use it!

WTF? i think this is a bible reference...resurrection.

kihun 07-15-2008 03:58 AM

I drive my Z alllllllllll the time everywhere. I even did a road trip across America. z is very reliable. One thing though, very difficult to drive on snow. that's all.

3m wol8 07-15-2008 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by knx2
Wow this thread is OLD!!!
But I am bored...
I drive my 350z all year... LOVE the snow... I always get looks drifting corners at 40miles an hour...
Sometimes old people feel the need to follow me till I pull over and yell things at me for driving in the snow like I do but they just do not understand that I have been driving in the snow with RWD for 4 years.... I know what I can and cannot handle...
I tell them if they have a problem they are too old to drive in the snow and should stay home.

wow... 4 years driving a RWD in the snow? you're a freakin pro!!!!!! it's people like you who kill innocent people :) grow up please :)

cbeneke 07-15-2008 06:39 AM

I made it through winter in Massachusetts with the Z on stock Potenza's no problem. Just drive slow. There's really no need to tear ass through the snow anyway unless you're one of the hordes of people in this area who drive WRX's and think they can do whatever just because they have AWD.

zerafian 07-15-2008 06:53 AM

nostalgia bump!

Chiefgroover 04-08-2009 03:44 AM

Snow or Sun, for this last year its always on the road :)

Entaille 04-08-2009 06:36 AM

driving my Z year round, aside from a few days where there was too much snow for it to get out of the parking spot. : P

BGuess 04-08-2009 06:42 AM

*Waves hand in air*

AdriaN- 04-08-2009 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jes-Z (Post 6037532)
Miami FTW! I love that I can drive the car anytime!!!:D

x2
I drive the car year round. Rain, Dry, Snow... wait there's never any snow! :icon21:

siruis 04-08-2009 08:20 AM

I drive year around, use stock tires in the summer, have Dunlop winter M3 for the winter. I do have a beater which i have been using, we have had a few snow storms in colorado the past couple weeks and i have my summer tires on.

zeruck 04-10-2009 04:07 AM

How many years for the Guinness world book record?

07rdsterGT 04-10-2009 04:14 AM

I do. I live in NOVA though...we had one or two ice storms and it snowed twice. I just stayed home till the streetes were clear. And I don't have any problem with washing her in 33+ weather. I have all season performance tires.

phenix 04-13-2009 10:29 PM

interesting subject, I remember a thread like this started like six and a half years ago.

Oh, wait...

Flick Montana 04-13-2009 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by knx2 (Post 6041207)
Wow this thread is OLD!!!
But I am bored...
I drive my 350z all year... LOVE the snow... I always get looks drifting corners at 40miles an hour...
Sometimes old people feel the need to follow me till I pull over and yell things at me for driving in the snow like I do but they just do not understand that I have been driving in the snow with RWD for 4 years.... I know what I can and cannot handle... I tell them if they have a problem they are too old to drive in the snow and should stay home.

Bahaha! Epic. Post of the year...last year.

My Z is my daily driver and so I drive it daily. hahaibumpedforgiggleslolz

my05350z 04-14-2009 08:25 AM

me and the z just moved to canada. i think its upset that it has to live outside in the snow, poor car. I havnt driven it in the snow though, especially not with max performance tires. I will unfortunately have to trade her in on a wrx or ralliart by next winter :(

Till then though... ha ha ha

sandthepilot 04-14-2009 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by silvrz5 (Post 54144)
If I decied to purchase a 350z........in May2003, it will have to be a year round driver.
In Nebraska we get about 15 inches of snow a year. I will plan on Blizzerk snow tires and maybe different rims. Also I will have vdc, lsd, traction control. I know that this car sits very low and you wont be able to plow through the snow. And after seeing one at a dealer last week I noticed the hatch area is VERY small, kind of unpractical for holding even a grocery trip.

I know it is give and take with a sports car, especially coming out of a 4x4 for the past 9 years, but i want a sports car.
Also in the track mode do you think rims monted on snow tires will be able to pass over the brembos?

Anyone who is going to have theirs as a year round driver, in snowy ares please post your response. Also anyone that has used Blizzark snow tires on a rear wheel driver let me know your thoughts on them. And please no"get a beater" for the winter.

Thanks Craig;)

Craig,
The trunk is actually not bad when buying groceries. I do it all the time. Especially at Costco. You can fit a lot more than you think back there if you play a little bit of grocery tetris :P

Secondly, I drive my car year round and we had a arctic blast here in Portland,OR. I did not end up driving in the snow, bought chains, but don't use them. IMO, snow tires won't help either. Still a rear wheel drive you would need good traction, I suggest you get expensive cable chains. Another forum member used those and worked fine unless you are not allowed to have them :P