MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Nizm-owned (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/497128-nizm-owned.html)

russelh15 08-13-2010 05:02 AM

Nizm-owned

Hasn't even been a month yet and my car already got messed up. Yesterday evening I come outside to see that my front bumper got backed into. I parked at a spot where it would be illegal for another vehicle to park in front of me. The house I parked near to is doing construction, and from the look of the hit, it's definitely a van or a SUV that me. It looks like the little square tow hitches made the crack in it. I was furious, but unfortunately there's really no way to find the person :(

I'm going to buy some 2x4's today and start parking in my driveway from now on. What a good way to start off the weekend. I also have a car show next weekend. FML.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/x...5/57736a2f.jpg

RedBullRR 08-13-2010 05:16 AM

You can cover that with the plate for now. Some people wtf?! Weres this show? I see your in NY.

Italianjoe1 08-13-2010 06:56 AM

****, that's definately a hitch reciever mark too. Sucks for sure.

laxplaya1385 08-13-2010 07:25 AM

my guess is that it is from one of the contractors who is working on the house. Next time you see any SUVs there, go to see if there is any scuff on the tow/hitch receiver, or if any of the paint from your car got rubbed on to it.

Sylvia Zcarr 08-13-2010 07:29 AM

^Yeah! And then use the 2x4s to...

FineWine 08-13-2010 07:29 AM

It wouldn't be too hard to find out what contractors were there if you talk to the owner of the property.

LollerShakes 08-13-2010 07:30 AM

thats how i found out who hit me on my door, guy across street had a buddy over who was drunk leaving, smashed into my driverside door and then the next day i went by his work and found the paint on his rear bumper, I called the police they confirmed, he admitted to it and paid for the damage. pretty simple.

Vivid Racing 08-13-2010 07:35 AM

poor nismo...looks like you can cover it with a decal, good luck on the show...

dcains 08-13-2010 07:47 AM

We had some roofers working on the neighbors house a few years ago, and they left nails everywhere. At the time the driveway was grass/sand (now paved), and I can't tell you how many flat tires I got. I run the Falken Azenis on two of my Alfa Spiders, which have virtually no tread (DOT-legal, but almost slicks), so they pick up nails like a lint roller. I also keep the cars covered, and one of the @-holes threw a lighted cigarette butt on the hood of one of the cars, which burned through the cover and put a bubble in the black paint. I ended up getting the hood and car cover replaced, but got nothing for the tire damage from either the neighbor or contractor.

Boogshag 08-13-2010 08:00 AM

that suuuuucks. I cant believe how irresponsible some people are. I try to put my Z in parking spots where I can see little going wrong, but you cant account for idiots

russelh15 08-13-2010 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by RedBullRR (Post 8590144)
You can cover that with the plate for now. Some people wtf?! Weres this show? I see your in NY.

Lincoln Tech on the 21st. It's posted in the NorthEast Regional section on this forum.

Yeh, they're still doing construction I believe, so I'll go check out the vans when I get home from work. It's actually not a Nismo Z, it's the SL2 front bumper with the CF lip, I'm thankful for the CF not getting messed up or else I would've been even more screwed. Can't have anything nice without people screwing **** up.

VQpoweredZ 08-13-2010 09:51 AM

Damn that sucks so bad, sorry to see that happen. Hope your able to get it fixed soon.

Soundslikesight 08-13-2010 10:35 AM

It's rediculous how some people behave. Sad part is that so many people are such terrible drivers they will hit you and either not realize it or not care. Where I live in Los Angeles all the buildings were made in the 20's and have no parking. Luckily I was able to find a gated business down the street that rents me a spot for 125 a month but my gf's new cube is always parked on the street. In the 7 months she's had it I've found at least 3 seperate nicks and scratches on the rear bumper from all the uninsuree immigrants that park their beaters on the street.

Once I walked up on a Sunday night just to check that the spray painted 84 corrola wagon parked behind her hadn't hit her and sure enough the drivers side corner had a big scratch from where the beater had swiped her pulling in. While taking pictures of the scratch and corresponding paint on the other cars bumper the mom and younger daughter came out and blatantly disregarded it and called the older sister whom had parked it. Before I knew it I had 5 people all yelling about how I "don't know how to drive" and "I'm just trying to get money". Of course somewhere in the mix one of them admitted to bit having insurance before being quickly silenced by the mother in Spanish. So to avoid having our cars messed with in the future by their amigos and familia, I left them to their pathetic lives and now just hock loogies on her car every chance I get.

Most people don't give a **** about their cars like we do. Only thing you can do is take steps to protect yours. Ie park somewhere safe.

Hell I was told by someone who rear ended me in my old vw that I shouldn't be making such a big deal about it. " it's a bumper, that's what it's for."

NewJoyZ 08-15-2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Soundslikesight (Post 8590794)
Hell I was told by someone who rear ended me in my old vw that I shouldn't be making such a big deal about it. " it's a bumper, that's what it's for."

:icon18::icon18::icon18:

06z33 08-15-2010 06:51 PM

damn man that reall sucks...since you'll have to have the whole front resprayed again anyways might as well do what someone else said and put the plate over it for now...I can always park directly in front of you at the show if you want lol

Dr. Venture 08-16-2010 07:42 AM

I guess they found that it was illegal to park there once they couldn't fit into the spot..lol

Sorry man!

I had slammed into a lady in a VW Jetta at MCD's drivethrew one night in my old school bmw. She got 1/2 way out when i yelled everything's cool im sorry. When she drove off that bumper flew off into the bushes as she made the exit turn. I gunned it out of there with my McNuggets never to see her again.

ZS14RR 08-16-2010 07:48 AM

damn i would raise some havoc!!

Acesopro 08-16-2010 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by VividRacing (Post 8590404)
poor nismo...looks like you can cover it with a decal, good luck on the show...

I just got a gash on the back of my bumper. I think I'll do this.

Hundred Plus 08-16-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Soundslikesight (Post 8590794)
It's rediculous how some people behave. Sad part is that so many people are such terrible drivers they will hit you and either not realize it or not care. Where I live in Los Angeles all the buildings were made in the 20's and have no parking. Luckily I was able to find a gated business down the street that rents me a spot for 125 a month but my gf's new cube is always parked on the street. In the 7 months she's had it I've found at least 3 seperate nicks and scratches on the rear bumper from all the uninsuree immigrants that park their beaters on the street.

Once I walked up on a Sunday night just to check that the spray painted 84 corrola wagon parked behind her hadn't hit her and sure enough the drivers side corner had a big scratch from where the beater had swiped her pulling in. While taking pictures of the scratch and corresponding paint on the other cars bumper the mom and younger daughter came out and blatantly disregarded it and called the older sister whom had parked it. Before I knew it I had 5 people all yelling about how I "don't know how to drive" and "I'm just trying to get money". Of course somewhere in the mix one of them admitted to bit having insurance before being quickly silenced by the mother in Spanish. So to avoid having our cars messed with in the future by their amigos and familia, I left them to their pathetic lives and now just hock loogies on her car every chance I get.

Most people don't give a **** about their cars like we do. Only thing you can do is take steps to protect yours. Ie park somewhere safe.

I recommend that you only use words you can spell in future post, I never got past "rediculous"

Meize 08-17-2010 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture (Post 8595418)
I guess they found that it was illegal to park there once they couldn't fit into the spot..lol

Sorry man!

I had slammed into a lady in a VW Jetta at MCD's drivethrew one night in my old school bmw. She got 1/2 way out when i yelled everything's cool im sorry. When she drove off that bumper flew off into the bushes as she made the exit turn. I gunned it out of there with my McNuggets never to see her again.

lol