Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
SE5spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
I seriously doubt your parent are filthy rich.
whether I say I live on the streets or my family is filthy rich you won't believe me because for some reason you don't like the truth so im just gonna stop talking.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:47 AM
1GR8350Z

You really have a talent for missing the point.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:55 AM
SE5spd

You really have a talent for missing the point.
you really don't get it I DON'T CARE what you say or think about me because I won't even meet you ... so I don't care what you think.

you call me spoiled, cool, you make fun of my grammar and spelling and are calling me stupid, whatever but at the end of the day I will be that "spoiled" 18 year old driving that HR 350Z so get over it.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:04 AM
1GR8350Z

Are you satisfied with viewing yourself that way? Apparently I don't have to say a word because you already seem to know everything about yourself and your shortcomings. If it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks then why have have you spent so much time arguing with me?

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 11-30-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 AM
SE5spd

Are you satisfied with viewing yourself that way?
you don't know me, don't act like you do.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:14 AM
SE5spd

oh and another thing I think its kind of funny how your posts arent so mean after you got a PM from a mod.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:36 AM
1GR8350Z

Just have to be a little more creative with the way I word things. That is an option when your vocabulary exceed that of a 1st grader.I was actually done with you until you made your Ferrari comment. If you remember correctly I defended you over the other moron.

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 11-30-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:19 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

While this thread can be quite entertaining, lately it is not so much. Seems to be an awful lot of class envy in some posts. I'm 54 years old - the 350 was my first brand new car, because my priorities were in another direction. My parents never spent a dime for my first car; in fact due to my rather rebellious teen years, they would not even let me own a car - that had to wait until I joined the Navy so I can truly say my parents never gave me a thing other than food and shelter. But if they had, I'm pretty sure I would have taken it. Have you ever seen a spoiled child say "No" to a parents largesse? I haven't. Each of my kids got $5000 towards their first car, and are each responsible for gas, insurance, upkeep, etc. Does that make them spoiled? In their grandparents eyes, yes it does. In my eyes, they have earned it. Would I go as far as even a used $15k Z? No way, due both to cost and it not being the right car for a kid IMHO - neither has ever driven my Z. Do I care if another parent does? Nope, could not care less, doesn't affect me in the least. And puleeeeze, do not bring up how they are going to crash their cars and raise our insurance rates. My Z club membership has had at least 4 off-roading incidents in the last 1.5 years and in every case, they were not youngsters, by any stretch.
In my case, as long as my kids stay out of trouble and get good grades in school, I'll help them out as much as I think I should, and as much as I can. That makes them more fortunate than some of their contemporaries and less fortunate than others. It's not a contest, it's life. Most parents want more for their kids than what they had growing up, even my parents who never really gave me much of anything in a material sense. All these posts from people who don't have a clue regarding others situations are pure speculation, and as I said before, sound like class envy to me. I know the "kids" tend to bring it on themselves with some clueless type comments but
I don't think we are going to change their minds, or their situations, by getting into pissing matches about who paid for what or who deserves what. Just my $.02 worth....
Old 11-30-2009, 07:04 AM
pangoman

Originally Posted by PerfZ
While this thread can be quite entertaining, lately it is not so much. Seems to be an awful lot of class envy in some posts. I'm 54 years old - the 350 was my first brand new car, because my priorities were in another direction. My parents never spent a dime for my first car; in fact due to my rather rebellious teen years, they would not even let me own a car - that had to wait until I joined the Navy so I can truly say my parents never gave me a thing other than food and shelter. But if they had, I'm pretty sure I would have taken it. Have you ever seen a spoiled child say "No" to a parents largesse? I haven't. Each of my kids got $5000 towards their first car, and are each responsible for gas, insurance, upkeep, etc. Does that make them spoiled? In their grandparents eyes, yes it does. In my eyes, they have earned it. Would I go as far as even a used $15k Z? No way, due both to cost and it not being the right car for a kid IMHO - neither has ever driven my Z. Do I care if another parent does? Nope, could not care less, doesn't affect me in the least. And puleeeeze, do not bring up how they are going to crash their cars and raise our insurance rates. My Z club membership has had at least 4 off-roading incidents in the last 1.5 years and in every case, they were not youngsters, by any stretch.
In my case, as long as my kids stay out of trouble and get good grades in school, I'll help them out as much as I think I should, and as much as I can. That makes them more fortunate than some of their contemporaries and less fortunate than others. It's not a contest, it's life. Most parents want more for their kids than what they had growing up, even my parents who never really gave me much of anything in a material sense. All these posts from people who don't have a clue regarding others situations are pure speculation, and as I said before, sound like class envy to me. I know the "kids" tend to bring it on themselves with some clueless type comments but
I don't think we are going to change their minds, or their situations, by getting into pissing matches about who paid for what or who deserves what. Just my $.02 worth....

Well done!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:30 AM
3oozx

wow again
Old 11-30-2009, 07:57 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by SE5spd
18 year old driving that HR 350Z so get over it.
You ever take it off any sweet jumps?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by PerfZ
If you are referring to me and I'm not saying that you are it really has nothing to do with class envy. I think it is funny to catch these kids in their lies.I do admit that it has lost some of its fun though. I will not change my views that handing a kid a sports car is doing them a serious disservice though.

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 11-30-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If you are referring to me and I'm not saying that you are it really has nothing to do with class envy. I think it is funny to catch these kids in their lies.I do admit that it has lost some of its fun though. I will not change my views that handing a kid a sports car is doing them a serious disservice though.

Believe me, we agree on that. But I gave up on understanding others parental viewpoints long ago, and not just on car choices for their kids. It just made me bang my head on the wall so I stopped, lol. And I am not referring to any one post in particular, or any one poster in particular, just the general direction this thread seems to take as it weaves and bobs through cyberspace, and the differing interpretations on what it means when someone says "I paid for my car"
Old 11-30-2009, 12:37 PM
SE5spd

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

yeah I was in VTEC when I hit the ramp.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:14 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SE5spd
so i'm just gonna stop talking.
that's a good one
Old 11-30-2009, 02:53 PM
wiggles

#1 03 350z
#2 hopefully 06 350z!! im saving money for a trade in, and i just recently got a job offer at a nissan dealership
Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggles
#1 03 350z
#2 hopefully 06 350z!! im saving money for a trade in, and i just recently got a job offer at a nissan dealership
Screw the '06 and get an '07-'08
Old 11-30-2009, 03:22 PM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by wiggles
#1 03 350z
Would you get an employee discount if you worked at the dealership? I would also say go 07-08. I was in a situation where I could have went HR or get my 03 that is already FI and has Volks. I chose the latter. HR is definitely the better platform though.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
SB2004Z
Banned

My daddy bought me my Z NOT because I really wanted it, but because he wanted to get it for me. He was the one who wanted me to ditch my old "practice beat up car" '98 Lexus and get a Z so my sister could drive the '98 Lexus. I'm not lying either, but I'm just talking because I feel like it and I am really bored. iqegfydyuh bwkfh3dljkc hzkludhjhcafcacafngheuichdjqlcvalijfncjkasnfsvghuihf ciuwnuiewhfiuwerfhniuwerfhiuewrf iuewrfy erw freur fiuwerfhi weruhiuwefhuirwn fuwiehfinuw efhn iwenhls kf lshn iwef ilsdfhjksdhjksdhjklsdhfgjlkshvanfgcanvgffgfsjkhselfnrfhcesfh shfiuseh ieu ghlsuxklasfhhcdfnadhnjhfkghlkfhkjfhfhjkfhjkfhjkfhlufhjklfvhj lkfhlfhulafhluhlgghljfghllhjsdfhhjsdfhjlhshv :ico n38::ico n30::ico n21:: icon30:: confused:: icon31:jadhvjklsehvlshvlwehfSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM chliuhviwevhliuwehviluwvhwiulvhviuhvwhiuvwhuievwhiuevhiuvwhi uvhiuvhvhivwhuhiuvww

lol
Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM
1GR8350Z

I'm truly touched by your story. Enjoy your freebie.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...