Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Armin'sZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QuasiMoFo
ahaha you madd

I work two jobs, will be paying the difference beteen the Z and tC myself. I'm also in the Marine Corps Delayed Entry program and will be recieving a fatass bonus out of Infantry training.

You are too cute

It's up to the person, not age. 371 pages and you guys haven't figured it out. I never asked for a new car, my first choice was a beat up 240sx for $800. I got a new car, and haven't got my first ticket in the past 2 years.

This thread is just full of disgruntled 30 year olds who didn't get what they wanted when they were 18, are making payments on their car, and just want to blow steam at the younger guys.

I agree, a few kids on here know how to respect and appreciate the car, most of them don't.

However, this thread is not about disgruntled 30 year olds who didn't get what they wanted when they were 18. I bet SOME of the guys on here you are hating got a some what fast, or cool car. They also believe that a 17 year old shouldn't be get a sports car.

Also, 350z are cheap now. Alot of people can get there hands on one. SOME of you guys on here act like the kids dad bought him a 90k+ plus sports car.

That also works the other way around, You should act like your all that just because your dad bought you a used 350z. Which are pretty cheap now

Last edited by Armin'sZ; 07-04-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:52 PM
QuasiMoFo

I came off as cocky because I was trying to prove a point. You shouldn't make generalizations.

Last edited by QuasiMoFo; 07-04-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:00 PM
QuasiMoFo

Originally Posted by Armin'sZ
I agree, a few kids on here know how to respect and appreciate the car, most of them don't.

However, this thread is not about disgruntled 30 year olds who didn't get what they wanted when they were 18. I bet SOME of the guys on here you are hating got a some what fast, or cool car. They also believe that a 17 year old shouldn't be get a sports car.

Also, 350z are cheap now. Alot of people can get there hands on one. SOME of you guys on here act like the kids dad bought him a 90k+ plus sports car.

That also works the other way around, You should act like your all that just because your dad bought you a used 350z. Which are pretty cheap now
The tC I'm selling at 18 will get me around 16k and I'll be paying the rest for my Z.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I came off as cocky because I was trying to prove a point. You shouldn't make generalizations.
You want a generalization? How about a teen's insurance rate vs mine?

Generalizations are a part of life. Get over it.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:06 PM
QuasiMoFo

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
You want a generalization? How about a teen's insurance rate vs mine?

Generalizations are a part of life. Get over it.
Disgruntled pretty much sums it up. He just seams to have a stick up his ***.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:09 PM
USMCkang

There's no sign-in bonus for Infantry in the Marines. Nice try.

You think being a part of the DEP program is an accomplishment? Nice try, but that's just the title they give you until you go to bootcamp.

Good luck driving your Z around being in infantry for the Corps. You will be out in the field or deployed for your entire enlistment, I promise you this. Keep your tc young padawan.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have to work two jobs to pay for a car, you really shouldn't have bought that car.
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Disgruntled pretty much sums it up. He just seams to have a stick up his ***.
"seams"? Damn son... I thought the Marines were supposed to get decent scores on the ASVAB?

What did you get on the ASVAB BTW?
QuasiMoFo

5 year $7500 Recon contract. I get a shot at recon indoc during SOI. I'm not claiming respect, just showing I've got commitment, and willing to accept the responsibility.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

5 year $7500 Recon contract. I get a shot at recon indoc during SOI. I'm not claiming respect, just showing I've got commitment, and willing to accept the responsibility.
$7500?!?! OMG BIG BALLA!!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Armin'sZ

Old 07-04-2010, 02:17 PM
QuasiMoFo

"seams"? Damn son... I thought the Marines were supposed to get decent scores on the ASVAB?

What did you get on the ASVAB BTW?

I'm typing off of an iPhone. I got a 90 on the asvab.

No disrespect, I've just been trying to prove a point. Looking forward to learning alot from these boards.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:19 PM
USMCkang

Recon contract? Haha...... you are a funny guy.

You know that every recruit is an overachiever and they sign up for the recon bonus..... you only receive it IF you make indoc.......... which I will bet you won't make.

Just to put it into perspective, your not going to make it, and when you don't, you'll be an open contract. Then they'll recycle you to be infantry or make you an EOD(this is what every branch is looking for cause they die all the damn time). I bet your recruiters were laughing their *** off when you said you wanted to be recon.

Every single kid who joins the Marines wants to be a bada$$ ****, I'll admit I did; but trust me when the first bullet flies past your head all that goes out the window. Try running 3 miles, doing 20 pull ups, and 100+ sit ups. Then with 30 seconds rest, do it all over again. Even if you do manage to pass the physical portion they still send you to SERE where you will definitely drop out.

Like I said, keep the tc, and I will see you at boot if you go to San Diego.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:19 PM
QuasiMoFo

Boot camp pay, SOI pay adds into it aswell. What I'm trying to say is my parents won't be entirely paying for the car.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boot camp pay, SOI pay adds into it aswell. What I'm trying to say is my parents won't be entirely paying for the car.
You come work with me for a day. You think a drill instructor is bad? My guys will make you run out the gate pissing yourself and crying. You really have no clue what's going on. Your parents shouldn't be buying you ANYTHING.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Armin'sZ

No disrespect, I've just been trying to prove a point. Looking forward to learning alot from these boards.

You will learn alot.

Big tip though, don't go around acting cocky just because you have a 350z at age 17
Old 07-04-2010, 02:24 PM
QuasiMoFo

I have a perfect PFT score right now and have alot of time to improve on that. I've seen poolees pass recon induce on the contract. I'll be going to boot at parris island but I think recon indoc is at soi west. If you fail you get recycled into Infantry. I don't think EOD is an entry level mos.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
USMCkang

I guess it has changed then - You will probably re cycled to infantry but reconsider what your getting yourself into.

Trust me you will not pass indoc; I don't care what your PFT is, you have to be infantry for a few years before you can tackle what a Recon Marine goes through. Remember, it's not your physical capabilities that help you become a Recon Marine. It's your mentality, and how much pain you are willing to take before you give in. I've seen Marines who barely score a perfect PFT go on to become Recon Marines.

It's cool though, it must be nice having a Z at 17.. But if you plan on joining the Corps as an infantry man, my advice is for you to keep your scion......... you will not have time to drive your Z.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Noob score.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:52 PM
QuasiMoFo

Noob score.
Your just mad because I'm a premium member and your not.

Originally Posted by USMCkang
I guess it has changed then - You will probably re cycled to infantry but reconsider what your getting yourself into.

Trust me you will not pass indoc; I don't care what your PFT is, you have to be infantry for a few years before you can tackle what a Recon Marine goes through. Remember, it's not your physical capabilities that help you become a Recon Marine. It's your mentality, and how much pain you are willing to take before you give in. I've seen Marines who barely score a perfect PFT go on to become Recon Marines.

It's cool though, it must be nice having a Z at 17.. But if you plan on joining the Corps as an infantry man, my advice is for you to keep your scion......... you will not have time to drive your Z.
I actually stuck between two paths right now. I'll pm you I guess.

Last edited by QuasiMoFo; 07-04-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...