Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:46 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by gidiup
Good...Take junior with you. You can plan prom together.

Originally Posted by fowlman01
I had this massive surge in maturity between 16-18.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:17 AM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

This is relevant to our interests.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sry110
This is relevant to our interests.
"Look what MY dad's car can do!"

Famous last words.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:01 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Did i miss something or is LG contradicting himself?

-First he claims his parents were wealthy but are having financial woes.
-Starts his own company and sells it so he can purchase a car.
-Begins mouthing off how wealthy his family is and the luxuries he has
-Can't afford to spend money on his car

1) Lets say in fact he owned a small company, why would he need to sell the company to buy a car? If he is as savvy as he says he is, he would of simply put a down payment on one...and kept his business, could of even put it under the business name to make it easier to obtain.

2) No one is impressed you sold your lemonade stand for 20k for a depreciating asset such as a car.

3) You have no idea how wealthy others are so shut your mouth and be thankful your family can provide for your spoiled ***.

4) If you didn't want the hounds to go after you, you shouldn't of posted in this thread anyways. You are the same as every other CHILD who comes in here and thinks his **** doesn't stink.

5) WHERE THE *** IS MY PIZZA, BOY?!

<3
Old 05-17-2011, 12:30 PM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dikspiel

<3
Road was closed. Had to find another way home.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 AM
gidiup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3) You have no idea how wealthy others are so shut your mouth and be thankful your family can provide for your spoiled ***.
He forgets that others money is not his money. If there is any money

4) If you didn't want the hounds to go after you, you shouldn't of posted in this thread anyways. You are the same as every other CHILD who comes in here and thinks his **** doesn't stink.
I think its the last we will see of Junior.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:24 PM
zen350z

Did i miss something or is LG contradicting himself?

-First he claims his parents were wealthy but are having financial woes.
-Starts his own company and sells it so he can purchase a car.
-Begins mouthing off how wealthy his family is and the luxuries he has
-Can't afford to spend money on his car

1) Lets say in fact he owned a small company, why would he need to sell the company to buy a car? If he is as savvy as he says he is, he would of simply put a down payment on one...and kept his business, could of even put it under the business name to make it easier to obtain.

2) No one is impressed you sold your lemonade stand for 20k for a depreciating asset such as a car.

<3
This post made my day.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:18 AM
gidiup

Any other stories of a boy and his inventions? Time Travel?...Anything?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:01 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gidiup
Any other stories of a boy and his inventions? Time Travel?...Anything?
He was the only person killed by the zombies on saturday when we were all supposed to die...lol
Old 05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
importroller

this thread is always good for a laugh
Old 05-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

This thread Kind of makes me sick... un-subbing. :/
I agree most kids shouldn't have cars that are at all "fast" or "sporty", but I am one...
Esp considering the Z is the most lethal car out there... literally... (Statistics on most drivers killed, not because of car safety but because affordability+cars physical capabilities/ease to drive quickly).
I already posted my case, but I think if a kid is mature enough to handle the Z he's not going to feel the need to defend himself (or herself) or even get offended by people saying its a terrible idea.
The more I look around at my generation the less and less secure I feel about my future... Last week I got into a rather idiotic argument with a "peer" on why he SHOULDN'T get a cbr600/r6 for a first bike. Generation of Face Palm? Ye, sometimes I believe so.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:26 PM
8cd03gro

I posted in here a few years ago when I was 18 and drove a mustang. Posted truth and facts, got hate from a bunch of idiots, even got a few nice little private messages from some 12 year olds stuck in 40 year old bodies. I got an e-mail out of the blue from the forum about posts in this thread and had to come check it out. Same old, same old. A bunch of older guys that think their bolt on z's are the fastest cars in the world that a younger guy couldn't possibly handle. Three years later, the same exact story from a few of the same people, but mostly new ones. Meanwhile there are still kids makin' their own money and buyin' their own cars. Lots of us are still responsible. OMG it's impossible. I made it from 18 to 21 with no tickets and no accidents in a quick car that I pay for? IMPOSSIBLE!

Young guys with Z's, don't listen to the bitter asses in this thread. If you get one, whether you pay for it or not, just be responsible, take it to the track if you plan on doing anything, "fun" and respect what you've got. If your parents bought if for you, just take that much better care of it and remember that they trusted you every time you're tempted to show off. Enjoy. See you in another three years.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 05-24-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 PM
delacroix3721

^ Well said. Wish more young people thought that way.

Last edited by delacroix3721; 05-24-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:07 PM
dizenman

Originally Posted by Resmarted
The more I look around at my generation the less and less secure I feel about my future... Last week I got into a rather idiotic argument with a "peer" on why he SHOULDN'T get a cbr600/r6 for a first bike. Generation of Face Palm? Ye, sometimes I believe so.
God that is true. And kind of reminds me of when I was 16. I was looking into getting a bike instead of a car...I figured It would be the best idea to get a Hayabusa, since a hayabusa is only like 3 or 4,000 more than a gsxr 600. However, a bike with a 1400cc engine is a little big for a first bike...and the more I consider getting a bike, the more I think against it. No matter how good you are at riding, somebody could still kill you. My dads friend, who was pretty high up in alpine star, and was a pro rider, got killed a year or so back riding his bike. Some idiot soccer mom in her SUV decided to change lanes on the highway right into him.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
I posted in here a few years ago when I was 18 and drove a mustang. Posted truth and facts, got hate from a bunch of idiots, even got a few nice little private messages from some 12 year olds stuck in 40 year old bodies. I got an e-mail out of the blue from the forum about posts in this thread and had to come check it out. Same old, same old. A bunch of older guys that think their bolt on z's are the fastest cars in the world that a younger guy couldn't possibly handle. Three years later, the same exact story from a few of the same people, but mostly new ones. Meanwhile there are still kids makin' their own money and buyin' their own cars. Lots of us are still responsible. OMG it's impossible. I made it from 18 to 21 with no tickets and no accidents in a quick car that I pay for? IMPOSSIBLE!

Young guys with Z's, don't listen to the bitter asses in this thread. If you get one, whether you pay for it or not, just be responsible, take it to the track if you plan on doing anything, "fun" and respect what you've got. If your parents bought if for you, just take that much better care of it and remember that they trusted you every time you're tempted to show off. Enjoy. See you in another three years.
For the most part, that's exactly what the older crowd here is saying... and who's bitter? I just don't want some young (or old for that matter) douchebag who thinks he has the world by the ***** to cream in to some van of kids... too much to ask?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Flick Montana

More like the Blame Generation.

You're blaming "old" people telling you that a Z is too much car for a 17 year old even though teens are the second worst drivers statistically and the Z is one of the most lethal cars to own....statistically.

How do you even work up the mustard to make an argument like that?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Amirs350z

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
More like the Blame Generation.

You're blaming "old" people telling you that a Z is too much car for a 17 year old even though teens are the second worst drivers statistically and the Z is one of the most lethal cars to own....statistically.

How do you even work up the mustard to make an argument like that?
Totally true. I did some dumb stuff in a car when I was in high school. Same with my brothers after me. Are my brothers and I the same as everyone else during their late teenage years? Absolutely not, but statistics don't lie. That's all these guys are saying. Not everyone will fall under the statistic, but it's not bad to express concern.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:58 PM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

...got hate from a bunch of idiots...
What do you expect, the internet is full of E-thugs.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Flick Montana

Originally Posted by Amirs350z
Totally true. I did some dumb stuff in a car when I was in high school. Same with my brothers after me. Are my brothers and I the same as everyone else during their late teenage years? Absolutely not, but statistics don't lie. That's all these guys are saying. Not everyone will fall under the statistic, but it's not bad to express concern.
Me, too. I had a turbo'd Prelude and I consider myself lucky that my mom borrowed it one day after I got home from school and ended up totaling it.

After that I got a Saturn SC2. It was hard to build up enough speed to do anything more than chip the paint if I hit anything in that car.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Amirs350z

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
Me, too. I had a turbo'd Prelude and I consider myself lucky that my mom borrowed it one day after I got home from school and ended up totaling it.

After that I got a Saturn SC2. It was hard to build up enough speed to do anything more than chip the paint if I hit anything in that car.
LULZ

I can't remember how long it took my civic to get to 75 mph. maybe an hour or two.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...