Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just saw the car, AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 11:02 AM
dc350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just saw the car, AGAIN

Well, I drove by HQ, and it was there again, the Daytona Blue Track model, parked just a few feet away from the previous spot.

Mmmmmm........, still looks good!
Well, I noticed a couple of more things about it.

The dreaded front plate, well it looks like it mounts directly to the face of the bumper.
Some people mentioned an underside mounting, that's not the case. A picture won't catch it, but with the naked eye you can see the two small indents to help the PDI boy/Test Driver Extraordinaire on where to drill. Ughhhhh.

Also, the headlights have a small blacked out area, the leading edge, just in the front. Kinda wish the entire non reflector area were blacked out. There was an internet photo of something like that a while back, perhaps 7/8 months ago.

Had more time to look over the fit and finish of the outer panels, and have to say as before, it was really good. Nothing under/overflush, very good for prototype stage.

Noticed that it's very easy to bleed the Brembos, the nipple is on the outside of the caliper body, and you reach right through the spokes. You could do it in the dark, that easy!

The door handles, they are not "chrome", as some stated, they are a matte or brushed material, not sure if it is aluminum or what?

Wish it came with slightly wider tires, still think the wheels are too "in-set", in relation to the quarter panel lip. But that's easily corrected. Could not get in, vehicle was locked.

Well, that's all for now, oh BTW I did not even notice the antenna, it didn't stand out, so I guess that's a good thing.....
Later

Track
Chrome Silver

70 240
74 260

Old 05-31-2002, 11:05 AM
FalGra

Thumbs up

sweet! God, I want this beast so bad I can taste it... just a little while longer... Just a little while longer... WOOP!
Old 05-31-2002, 06:52 PM
RxO

Thumbs up Bravo!

They ARE out there.
Keep looking.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:49 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm going to become so hype to see it that i might justMOVE to California... 3 months is a long time! All these descriptions are making me drool! hehe...
Old 05-31-2002, 09:28 PM
6kLaunch

Default Where is it ?

Where exactly is the car? I would like to drive out there at lunch today ...
Old 05-31-2002, 10:37 PM
mcclaskz

Did you see mine? I've been looking for it.
Old 06-01-2002, 06:37 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Default Re: Just saw the car, AGAIN

Originally posted by dc350z
oh BTW I did not even notice the antenna, it didn't stand out, so I guess that's a good thing.....
Later

dc,

Thanks for the update, especially about the antenna. From the picture, it is less stand out in the darker BD color, compare to the lighter Chrome Silver. I can live with it, unlike some of those in "the other forum" who whined everyday and said they "cancelled" their order due to the fix mask, yeah, right. Thanks again for the descriptive report!!!
Old 06-01-2002, 06:44 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by ZGiRL
i'm going to become so hype to see it that i might justMOVE to California... 3 months is a long time! All these descriptions are making me drool! hehe...
ZGiRL,

You don't have to "MOVE" to CA to snoop for the Z. You can have a full dose of the Z in 2+ week at the ZCCA convention in Texas. The caravan will stop at the Nissan dealership for 2 hours enroute to San Antonio. It is 15 minutes from my house. Guess if I plan to go to take a look. See this thread for more details.

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/460-texas-z-club-caravan-in-june-info.html
Old 06-01-2002, 07:36 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by jjb350z
Hey Touring...

I live in Killeen and would love to see the Z. I sat in it in Houston and cant wiat to see the final model. Is it stopping in Maxwell Nissan in Round Rock? If so, is there anything that I would need to do in order to see it or just show up at the dealer? Just saw a picture of the black Z..I can't wait to get mine!!
jjb,

Yes, Maxwell Nissan, 1-3pm. Need direction? I saw it in other post several months ago. Just asked Jason (internetABYSS) to confirm. He did. Not sure if we have to do anything beside show up at the dealer. Since you asked, I think I'd better call Maxwell to double check. Don't want to go there and can't get in. I will post it for you at the other thread on this subject. Here is Jason response:

June 16th 1pm-3pm at maxwel round rock nissan for a car show....the 350 and the caravan will eat lunch there.

they will leave maxwell nissan at 3pm sharp.
and get back on i-35 to houston.

get your pics there..... the lunch isnt free for u but the eye candy is. you still might be able to take a sandwich because its so crowded...LOL say you are in a z club.