Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Canadian DRL's

Old 09-06-2002, 11:06 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Canadian DRL's

Just wondering for those Canadians with their Z's, are the daytime running lights the xenon HID's or are there other lights for this? I know my porsche used the fogs as DRL's and actually, I dont knwo of any car that uses HID's as DRL's so just wondering...I have nothing else to do but wonder until she comes
Old 09-06-2002, 11:11 AM
S2kRob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Highly unlikely they'd be Xenon. You don't want to run such expensive lights for DRL's. I'd suspect they'd be a low power version of the high beams, like they are on the S2000.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:13 AM
jasonintoronto

HID's are not allowed to be used as DRL's in canada
Old 09-06-2002, 11:15 AM
ballz

When are you guyz expecting your Z's
Old 09-06-2002, 11:21 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Late October - Early November.
Has anyone in Canada that is on this site gotten a Z yet. I know some were delivered, but nothing on the board yet?????????
Old 09-06-2002, 11:38 AM
can350z

Default DRL...FYI....

Daytime running lights are always the high beam bulb at a reduced wattage. Same for all cars.
I got my Z 2 weeks ago yesterday.. Loving every minute of it.... Except BOSE and the care of Black paint....yikes!!!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:55 AM
ballz

Default Re: DRL...FYI....

Originally posted by can350z
Daytime running lights are always the high beam bulb at a reduced wattage. Same for all cars.
I got my Z 2 weeks ago yesterday.. Loving every minute of it.... Except BOSE and the care of Black paint....yikes!!!
But it looks unreal when its all cleaned up, IMO. You can tell that you spent some time on it.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:00 PM
vanstorm16

I'm expecting mine end of October or so.

can350Z: about this Bose situation, is it the auto-volume that's bugging you or the sound quality? If it is the sound quality, what about it? What are you comparing it too?

ballz: you must be expecting yours any day now eh? You're getting black? Did you originally order silver before the mess up with New Pacific?

Last edited by vanstorm16; 09-06-2002 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:06 PM
ballz

Originally posted by vanstorm16
I'm expecting mine end of October or so.

can350Z: about this Bose situation, is it the auto-volume that's bugging you or the sound quality? If it is the sound quality, what about it? What are you comparing it too?

ballz: you must be expecting yours any day now eh? You're getting black? Did you originally order silver before the mess up with New Pacific?
Actually that was the one thing they got right. Its supposed to be the next one that shows up at New Pacific. But alll I keep hearing when I ask where it is, "Its in transit." Boneheads!!!!!

At this rate you guyz should all have yours by the time mine gets to port...

Last edited by ballz; 09-06-2002 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:19 PM
fatZo

Originally posted by ballz
When are you guyz expecting your Z's
I called my salesperson today to see if they have heard anything, as my Z is expected to be here in September. The salesperson said that he still hasn't heard anything, which means that the car hasn't even been loaded to the ship yet. According to him, the dealers get notified when the cars are on the ship, when the cars are at the port, and when the cars are in transit (on the train).

I sure hope to get the car soon, because the this wait is starting to affect my sanity ...
Old 09-06-2002, 12:25 PM
ballz

Originally posted by fatZo

I called my salesperson today to see if they have heard anything, as my Z is expected to be here in September. The salesperson said that he still hasn't heard anything, which means that the car hasn't even been loaded to the ship yet. According to him, the dealers get notified when the cars are on the ship, when the cars are at the port, and when the cars are in transit (on the train).

I sure hope to get the car soon, because the this wait is starting to affect my sanity ...
Well at least us on the west coast can remove leg three from the journey. Straight from the port to my garage
Old 09-06-2002, 12:56 PM
vanstorm16

fatZo, surely your dealer should receive a production confirmation number of some sort informing him, and you, the date your car got on the production line. From there, according to my dealer, you'll be able to tell when its hits the boat.

ballz, a quick bit of info I found out from our dealer. The first car they got in there, they actually had someone drive it from the port in Vancouver to the dealer (36km) instead of having it shipped on the truck. I don't know who drove it or how hard they drove it but knowing the break-in information, this had me worried for when my car gets in there (joyriding). It might be worth a call to see what you can do about yours. If I was the owner of that chrome silver one, I would have been a bit upset.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:03 PM
ballz

fatZo, surely your dealer should receive a production confirmation number of some sort informing him, and you, the date your car got on the production line. From there, according to my dealer, you'll be able to tell when its hits the boat.

ballz, a quick bit of info I found out from our dealer. The first car they got in there, they actually had someone drive it from the port in Vancouver to the dealer (36km) instead of having it shipped on the truck. I don't know who drove it or how hard they drove it but knowing the break-in information, this had me worried for when my car gets in there (joyriding). It might be worth a call to see what you can do about yours. If I was the owner of that chrome silver one, I would have been a bit upset.
One step ahead of ya man. I already spoke to the dealer and told him that I do not want anyone driving it from the port. I would rather wait a few extra dayz if neccessary and have it brought to Surrey via truck. He agreed and ensured me that no one would drive it to the lot, and the only person that would be in it is the guy who is going to do the pre-purchase inspection. I got a letter in writing from him ensuring this. So when I get there if there is clicks on it, then were gonna have some problems. Thanks for the heads up though. Nice to see that we are all looking out for one another's best interests.

I suggest that you should fax over a letter to the dealer stating your expectations on delivery and stuff. I also told them not to install the front license plate bracket either cause ill just keep it on the dash when I see a cop.

Now only if it would get here. Im going mental man!
Old 09-06-2002, 02:00 PM
vanstorm16

Wow, you got something in writing from them? Right on! Thanks for letting me know. I was actually considering seeing if I could be the one that drives mine back from the port. They can do "dealer pickups" from the port obviously, we know that. Maybe they'd let me drive. For some reason, I doubt it but hey, its worth a shot.

Just wait until that phone rings, you pick it up and they tell you its here. Think you're going nuts now???

Are you leasing? Buying? I'm looking at leasing, they gave me a 8.6% rate (took me a while to actually get a firm number out of them). What did they tell you, if anything?
Old 09-06-2002, 02:11 PM
ballz

Wow, you got something in writing from them? Right on! Thanks for letting me know. I was actually considering seeing if I could be the one that drives mine back from the port. They can do "dealer pickups" from the port obviously, we know that. Maybe they'd let me drive. For some reason, I doubt it but hey, its worth a shot.

Just wait until that phone rings, you pick it up and they tell you its here. Think you're going nuts now???

Are you leasing? Buying? I'm looking at leasing, they gave me a 8.6% rate (took me a while to actually get a firm number out of them). What did they tell you, if anything?
I messed with this for a while, buy vs Lease. But i think im going to Buy. That is a really high rate isn't it (8.6). What are your monthly payments going to work out too? I decided to go with the buy because leasing has no real advantage for me because I cant write it off against my income or anything. And if I lease it for 5 years the car is gonna cost me like 65+. Plus I drive alot and 24,000kms per year just aint enough. Ill do that in 6 months.

I got a really good deal from the bank because my wife is a loans officer and she hooked it up on her staff rate. My payments will be like 700 per month.

What is your reasoning behind leasing? (if you dont mind me asking) They dont know I am buying, they think I am leasing or financing through them, so ill see what kind of rate they give me then ill let you know if it is lower than what they quoted you.
Old 09-06-2002, 02:45 PM
vanstorm16

I'm flirting with leasing because of the lower payements and I am able to write off up to $800/mnth in lease payments due to my job (I'm a sales rep for a medical supply company). I'm still not 100% sure which way I'm going to go. I'm single but I'll probably be getting married in the next year or two and who knows when kids would come after that. That's part of the reason I'm buying the Z now! I don't wanna wait.

The dealer's given me all sorts of lease rates but here's the interesting part. I've done my own lease calculations and my figures come out, on average, $50 lower per month than theirs. This is something that we'll definitely be discussing. With no money down, using a 53% residual after 4 years and 8.6% financing, I calculate a montly lease payment of $788.

I was dealing with my bank on a 0% above prime loan but the timing just didn't work out (the offer was during the summer and they would NOT hold it over for my Z's arrival this fall. Thanx bank guys) I'm not too happy about that situation, I would have hoped they could have worked with me on this.

What I am looking into though is the buyback program available through the Royal Bank. It offers a lease type of deal but I would still have title over the car (which I like). Their rates are lower as well, prime+3%, so right now that equates to 7.5%. So, payments are lower. They quoted me $665 for a 4yr and $718 for a 3yr lease with zero down. Residuals are marginally higher than what the dealer has quoted me. But 8.6% is silly I think. I budgeted for the car using a 9% rate just to be on the safe side, so the further below that number I can go, the better.

I do drive more than 24K km's though. I drive a LOT for work since I work throughout the southern part of the province.
On my last lease, I elected to pre-pay the km's (at a lower rate) up to 30K per year instead of paying the higher penalty rate at the end of the lease.

I do have some equity in my trade back to the dealer (my Pathfinder) that I will be putting back towards the car as down payment. We're going to be dealing on that number soon. Not sure if I'd put anymore down. I still have to crunch the numbers over the next few weeks and finalize what I'm going to do on this. If there is some way I can get the financing payments down enough to my liking (your $700 per month is awesome!) then it would become something I'd consider more strongly. Right now, the lease numbers just are looking better for me.

At least all this decision making gives me something to do over the next six to ten weeks!
Old 09-06-2002, 02:58 PM
jasonintoronto

Default Re: DRL...FYI....

Originally posted by can350z
no, some cars have low power low beams, such as in my 98 a4. other cars have completely different accessory lights (like the orange lights on a neon and caravan. still other cars use fog lights as drls (new audis such as a4, and a6).