MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   ConceptZPerformance? (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/525355-conceptzperformance.html)

glacier 06-03-2011 04:40 PM

ConceptZPerformance?

I am planning on purchasing the S-tune suspension from ConceptZPerformance:

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...95470.79.22.84

Any words on their reputation? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Waiz 06-03-2011 04:47 PM

I just ordered a few brake parts from them and had a great experience, Coz and Mike are good guys!

RandomHer0 06-03-2011 04:48 PM

I ordered my front bumper from them, awesome vendor.

glacier 06-03-2011 04:50 PM

Yeah Coz is the one I am speaking with.

Good to hear you had pleasant purchasing experience. After the suspension, I am picking up the intake and exhaust from him as well.

Question on the side. I am REALLY fond of the stock VQ35 exhaust note - if I do get the NISMO intake (R-tune) and exhaust (S-tune), will the note be any different? Hopefully not, because I don't want to change the stock sound effect, but only want it to be louder.

Waiz 06-03-2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by glacier (Post 9182112)
Yeah Coz is the one I am speaking with.

Good to hear you had pleasant purchasing experience. After the suspension, I am picking up the intake and exhaust from him as well.

Question on the side. I am REALLY fond of the stock VQ35 exhaust note - if I do get the NISMO intake (R-tune) and exhaust (S-tune), will the note be any different? Hopefully not, because I don't want to change the stock sound effect, but only want it to be louder.

You should note that both the intake and the exhaust will enhance the sound of the VQ and it will still sound like a Z.

PolePosition 06-03-2011 05:06 PM

Concept Z is a good vendor. I picked up a few small items from their physical location in Phoenix and never had a problem with parts availability, quality or pricing.

Z_enthusiast 06-03-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by glacier (Post 9182104)

I have S-tune suspension for sale right now for like half the price... 600 shipped.

But ya. i got side markers from them. good vendor.

And i have heard the S-tune exhaust in person, buddy has it. it sounds good. its a TAD louder than stock. some cant even tell a difference. if you like stock VQ note and want it louder a HAIR then thats the exhaust for you.

Flo-ridaZ33 06-03-2011 05:40 PM

One particular Mod has an issue with them(for good reason) but I've bought my Akebono's and 5mm H&R spacers from with them w/o a problem... I got good customer service from Coz when I was having a squeaking issue with my brakes.

glacier 06-03-2011 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Z_enthusiast (Post 9182160)
I have S-tune suspension for sale right now for like half the price... 600 shipped.

But ya. i got side markers from them. good vendor.

And i have heard the S-tune exhaust in person, buddy has it. it sounds good. its a TAD louder than stock. some cant even tell a difference. if you like stock VQ note and want it louder a HAIR then thats the exhaust for you.

Thanks for the offer man, but I am going to keep the Z for a while, and would like to get new parts :)

I've heard many clips of Nismo catback on Youtube, and have done quite a bit of research. From what I understand, the Nismo one sounds pretty much like stock, only louder.

glacier 06-03-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33 (Post 9182166)
One particular Mod has an issue with them(for good reason) but I've bought my Akebono's and 5mm H&R spacers from with them w/o a problem... I got good customer service from Coz when I was having a squeaking issue with my brakes.

Yeah, so far my impression of Cos is that while the guy isn't business formal, he does respond very quickly, with decent pricing.

kacz07 06-03-2011 06:28 PM

The S tune suspension is not far from the revised suspension, 04.5 and later. If you don't mind the stock ride height, you might be better off buying a revised suspension and upgrading the sways. Would be significantly cheaper, too.

There are a few up for sale, including mine.

glacier 06-03-2011 06:32 PM

I have a 2008 GT, with Hotchkis sway bars. I was going to use Nismo sway bars, but understood they are not that much stiffer than stock bars.

This car is a daily driver I often drive her to attend business meetings and such, hence I don't want to use anything other than OEM because:

1) Want a set-and-forget setup, in this case, done by factor
2) Want a bit lower, but not scraping lower
3) Want peace of mind

Z_enthusiast 06-03-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by glacier (Post 9182232)
I have a 2008 GT, with Hotchkis sway bars. I was going to use Nismo sway bars, but understood they are not that much stiffer than stock bars.

This car is a daily driver I often drive her to attend business meetings and such, hence I don't want to use anything other than OEM because:

3) Want peace of mind

like others are saying... you can get everything you just typed including the exhaust for what your gunna pay just for the s tune brand new. but hey if you got money to blow them more power to you... but a slightly used set up isnt gunna make your z look any diff or perform any different lol

scotts300 06-03-2011 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by glacier (Post 9182104)

Reputation = dirt bag. Impression ruined. Make sure to read the entire thing, and take it all in.

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33 (Post 9182166)

Yup.

Originally Posted by glacier (Post 9182232)

3) Want peace of mind

Peace of mind? Buy from someone else: https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...authentic.html

Flo-ridaZ33 06-04-2011 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by scotts300 (Post 9182415)
Yup.

LOL... I was waiting for you to chime in.

glacier 06-04-2011 08:03 AM

I read Scott's post, and indeed that particualr move Coz pulled off was shady.

But it seems like the other 50% of the population had good experience with ConceptZ.

What about NISMOSPARTS? Are they any good?

Flo-ridaZ33 06-04-2011 07:02 PM

Try Z1auto or Vivid... Mike from CZP was good so you have options, just support the vendors on this site.

silvertouringz 06-13-2011 03:12 PM

try import parts pro www.importpartspro.com kyle is really good

ppat1989 06-13-2011 03:52 PM

I've never had any issues with CZP. Coz has always helped me with everything ive purchased from them. They have good prices but arent always the cheapest but I still use them. I've also heard good things about Import Parts Pro but I don't use them since I am located in Texas and so are they and I don't wanna pay sales tax. Z1 Motorsports has a bad rap with me for what they just did to one of my friends on this site. Long story short he ordered a Quaife diff back in February and after months of being jerked around by Z1, they shipped his order to another customer. You've got plenty of options as far as good vendors go and no vendor is perfect. You will always find someone who has had an issue with a vendor even after everyone else has said they love that vendor.

TheFarmer 06-13-2011 04:08 PM

I've ordered several things from CZP, always quick and fast shipping with good communication.