Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z1 Auto in NY

Old 04-30-2012, 05:33 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Keep the foul language out of the threads, please. You can post your thoughts and opinions, but let's keep it somewhat clean.

Ditto…

First, let's be clear that this thread is about:

Adam
Z1 Performance

http://www.z1auto.com
Phone number: 631-863-3820
646 Middle Country Rd, Unit 5
St. James, NY 11780

Everyone, please stick to specific facts about the following:
- incomplete transactions (ongoing)
- unsatisfactory transactions

And avoid the following:
- name calling
- flaming/bickering
- inappropriate language
- infractions of the TOU

Please note that this thread is NOT about:

Z1 Motorsports
http://www.Z1motorsports.com
Phone number: 770 838 7777
2877 Carrollton Villa Rica Hwy.
Carrollton, GA 30116

I realize that the names are similar, but these are two completely separate companies.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 04-30-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:58 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

An example of helpful information -

People in this thread (and the previous thread) with specific details about their transactions:

Kasimmmmmmm: 7/2011 Reported to CC company & received refund

Mr Nibiru: 7/2011 "I'm still waiting on my 4.083 gear and install kit"

gabe3d: ***need status update on his ordered parts***

cockpit66: still waiting since Nov 2010 on parts - still waiting on refund since Sept 2011
Z1Performance: 7/2011 "Carlos[cockpit66] will be receiving everything he ordered in the coming weeks"

***: paid oct 2010,
Z1Performance: 4/2011 "If my supplier is not able to get us the details we've been waiting on by the end of the week, we will issue the refund for you for the coil overs and just send the steering wheel setup out."

tioga: orders Nov & Dec 2011 - 4/17 partial refund provided, still waiting on other parts

manjot: 4/4 received his parts

2th pwr: 4/3 "I have gotten some of my parts now… still waiting on some suspension stuff"

yogi power: 3/27 calling his bank for a refund

mikecala99: 3/19 waiting on his parts

abarclay: 3/14 received refund after contacting his bank

CCDesigns: 3/14 "I am also waiting on parts"

I encourage involved persons to update/correct this info, but let's keep this professional, folks. There is no need for the name calling, etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 04-30-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hop!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

kfc

Last edited by The_Laughing_Man; 06-17-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for cleaning this up Hop

If anyone else has an actual transaction that you're waiting on parts or a refund for please post your experience here so that we can try to contact the vendor on your behalf and add you to the list.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Current issues list (Updated)

cockpit66: still waiting since Nov 2010 on parts - still waiting on refund since Sept 2011
Z1Performance: 7/2011 "Carlos[cockpit66] will be receiving everything he ordered in the coming weeks"

Z1Performance: 4/2011 "If my supplier is not able to get us the details we've been waiting on by the end of the week, we will issue the refund for you for the coil overs and just send the steering wheel setup out."

tioga: orders Nov & Dec 2011 - 4/17 partial refund provided, still waiting on other parts

2th pwr: 4/3 "I have gotten some of my parts now… still waiting on some suspension stuff"

Sanderman: 2010, awaiting brakes and an overage refund that was never sent.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:56 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by The_Laughing_Man
This thread makes me really hesitant to order from Z1 now. I really wanted their upgraded hatch struts.
As mentioned above, this thread is about Z1 Performance/Auto and NOT Z1 Motorsports. They are two completely different companies/vendors.

Z1 Motorsports is the one with the upgraded hatch struts. I just got my hatch struts in on Saturday from Z1 Motorsports.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:27 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Z1 Motorsports is the one with the upgraded hatch struts. I just got my hatch struts in on Saturday from Z1 Motorsports.

I have a 100% success rate with Z1 Motorsports. Ordered the hatch struts a few weeks ago and installed them about a week ago. Love em.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh wow! I had read that up top but confused the two! Sorry for the confusion! I'll be ordering the struts from Z1 Motorsports who this thread is NOT about. Whoops.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Updated

Refunds:

Z1Performance: 5/1 "gabe3d received a full refund"

Z1Performance: 5/1 "Yogi power received a refund months ago"

Received their Parts:

Z1Performance: 5/1 "received all of his parts last year"

Z1Performance: 5/1 "2thpowr received all his parts"

Awaiting a resolution:

Z1Performance: 5/1 "CCDesignsn i dont know who that is"

Sanderman: 2010, awaiting brakes and an overage refund that was never sent.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Ok, I have sent out a PM to Adam@Z1Performance for an update on the following members' orders:

Mr Nibiru
cockpit66
tioga
mikecala99
ccdesigns
sanderman

I have also sent a PM to each person on the list for them to confirm that the information that we have is accurate. A message similar to the following was sent to each member:

Hey,

We have an open thread about folks that have had problems dealing with Adam @ Z1 Auto and your name was included. Adam has informed us that you received a full refund. I just wanted to confirm this and whether or not you are satisfied, etc.

Thread in question: https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...o-in-ny-7.html

Thanks!

SparkleCityHop
Please communicate updates in this thread so that we'll know when we can close this thread. And again, please keep it civil.

Thanks!

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 05-06-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
CCDesigns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to update everyone about my order with Z1.

i ordered some moonface roll centers from adam around december he informed me that they were coming out of japan and that his supplier was out of stock (who is located in california). he said that it shouldnt take more than 60 days to get them shipped in and then shipped to me.

around march i found out that he was having some family/friend issues in the hospital. so i gave adam a call jusy to check in and see what the status on my parts and to be honest (after reading this thread) i ask him how he was doing and told him i wasnt in a huge hurry. i did receive my parts in early april.

Now this is when i know adam is a good business owner. when i opened the box i found out that one of the roll center seals was torn and grease was leaking out. that same morning i called adam and sent him pictures of what i got and he right away started working on getting me a warranty. the only issue i had was that the company in california that he was working with was fighting him to send out a new set. but after some videos and more pictures of the damaged part, one week later i had a new set in perfect condition.

adam was great through all of this and i would use him again in an instant. im sorry for the people who are having issues. personally i think yelling is the worst way to get something you want and keeping a level head will get you what your looking for better.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Sanderman

Default Isn't that just wonderful.

1. Over a year and a half ago I ordered set of brakes from him for my 350Z. Price just over $9,000 paid by credit card.

2. He notifies me a few days later his bank won't process the card because of an issue on his bank's side. Asks if I can pay by check. I do. He's a my350z sponsor with good feedback with an active posting history and other members say good things about him. On this basis I trusted him.

3. He cashes my check and orders the brakes from Japan. So far, so good. then a really strange thing happens - a week and half later three separate charges for $3,000 appear on my credit card from Z1.

4. I contact him, he says the bank must have finally processed the charge. This made no sense to me as it was processed as 3 separate charges totaling the original intended charge. He says he'll reverse them immediately. He has cashed my $9000 check and charged me $9,000 at this point. No product shipped as the brakes are on order from Japan.

5. Over the next 3 weeks 2 of the charges ($6,000 total) are finally reversed. I paid the $3000 charge left without realizing it (card I use for business travel with large monthly balances). So at this point, I'm out $9,000 in cash on the check and $3,000 in the credit card payment, or $12,000 total.

6. This starts a 1 month long effort to get the $3,000 charge reversed. I had to file with my credit card company and have them conference call him with me on the line to resolve it. Finally successful. Now I'm just out the $9,000 I paid him by check.

7. Throughout this time I am talking to him about the brakes and the $9,000 check he cashed and when I will get the brakes. Throughout this he comes clean on how his company was hit by fradulent charges from overseas buyers, his bank had frozen his charge accounts and his company is in dire financial straits, but he assures me he will pay me back no matter what. We agree to cancel the brake order and he will pay me back. He says he will start paying me weekly to pay me back. We are now in early 2011 at this point.

8. After several weeks I get a $1,000 money order from him to start the refund process. Another $1,000 follows about 2 months later. There is another payment back to me for another $750 around June of last year. Throughout this I am calling and emailing him asking for money back and I receive repeated assurances he is sending me another money order "this week" or "by Friday". Those never materialize. The refund back to me for the $9,000 is stalled at $2,750.

9. He still owes me over $6,000 for brakes never shipped. He went radio silent on me last June and I haven't seen any money since.

10. I traded emails with him this week. More of the same. He says he can't send anything now. He is finally getting his business back on solid footing, but his girlfriend has had medical problems for the past 2 months and he can't send me anything now with no commitment when he will.

So I'm really glad to hear he's just a really great stand-up guy with your order for a handful of dollars.

Joe

Originally Posted by CCDesigns
i want to update everyone about my order with Z1.

i ordered some moonface roll centers from adam around december he informed me that they were coming out of japan and that his supplier was out of stock (who is located in california). he said that it shouldnt take more than 60 days to get them shipped in and then shipped to me.

around march i found out that he was having some family/friend issues in the hospital. so i gave adam a call jusy to check in and see what the status on my parts and to be honest (after reading this thread) i ask him how he was doing and told him i wasnt in a huge hurry. i did receive my parts in early april.

Now this is when i know adam is a good business owner. when i opened the box i found out that one of the roll center seals was torn and grease was leaking out. that same morning i called adam and sent him pictures of what i got and he right away started working on getting me a warranty. the only issue i had was that the company in california that he was working with was fighting him to send out a new set. but after some videos and more pictures of the damaged part, one week later i had a new set in perfect condition.

adam was great through all of this and i would use him again in an instant. im sorry for the people who are having issues. personally i think yelling is the worst way to get something you want and keeping a level head will get you what your looking for better.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:57 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

UPDATE - based on responses from members and Adam@Z1Performance:

2thPower
- multiple delays on parts
- credit card double charged
- eventually received parts
- eventually received refund of double charge (possibly from VISA dispute)
- Satisfied, but frustrated

CCDesigns
- Received damaged parts
- Adam assisted him in getting them warranty repaired
- Satisfied

abarclay
- received fake refund statements
- had to get bank involved
- satisfied, not happy

yogipower
- overcharged his credit card for $10,000 for a $1300 bill
- doesn't want to deal with them any longer

tioga
- only got refund check after getting his work's loss prevention and collection involved
- refund check bounced as a bad check
- will no longer do business or recommend

gabe3d
- has received refund after initial difficulties

Sanderman
- still out over $6k with no refund
- $9k in false charges on credit card (have been recovered)
- Adam plans to refund him once he gets caught up

cockpit66
- Adam has remained in email contact with him, but no refund yet
- Adam will advise him as soon as the refund is sent

mikecala99
- Adam is coordinating the refund with him

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 05-07-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Sanderman

"tioga
- only got refund check after getting his work's loss prevention and collection involved
- will no longer do business or recommend"

Oh yeah, the bounced check thing. I forgot to mention that one. That happened to me too.

Joe

2thPower
- multiple delays on parts
- credit card double charged
- eventually received parts
- eventually received refund of double charge (possibly from VISA dispute)
- Satisfied, but frustrated

CCDesigns
- Received damaged parts
- Adam assisted him in getting them warranty repaired
- Satisfied

abarclay
- received fake refund statements
- had to get bank involved
- satisfied, not happy

yogipower
- overcharged his credit card for $10,000 for a $1300 bill
- doesn't want to deal with them any longer

tioga
- will no longer do business or recommend

gabe3d
- has received refund after initial difficulties

Sanderman
- still out over $6k with no refund
- $9k in false charges on credit card (have been recovered)
- Adam plans to refund him once he gets caught up

cockpit66
- Adam will advise him as soon as the refund is sent

mikecala99
- Adam is coordinating the refund with him
Old 05-07-2012, 07:25 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Concerning.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Sanderman

Default You know, I read all of this and it becomes clearer.

Adam overcharges one customer $10,000
He double charges another.
He charges my card for $9,000 in three separate $3,000 charges on an order already paid in cash.

Bear with me here. His business takes a downturn. He starts floating it month to month during a tough time by putting false charges on peoples cards who put in legit purchases to keep cash in the accounts to pay suppliers. He's convinced it's a short therm thing and his business will turn the corner and he'll pay it all back. Problem is, it never turns the corner.

He gives me the sob story that his credit card company problems are due to
a rash of overseas buyers who rip him off with fraudulent charges. The way I read the litany of rip-offs above is that there never were any overseas charges. His credit card processor cut him off because he was putting false charges on customers credit cards that had to be reversed a month later giving him a month of float at their expense. They figured out what he was doing and cut him off.

And we're left holding the bag. Assuming the mods don't delete this, I dare Adam to come here and deny it.

Joe

Originally Posted by Sanderman
"tioga
- will no longer do business or recommend"

Oh yeah, the bounced check thing. I forgot to mention that one. That happened to me too.

Joe
Old 05-08-2012, 02:21 AM
lkoh

Here's mine:
This goes under "Awaiting a resolution"

member Lkoh
international customer
paid for in Mar 2011
Quaife auto LSD
Am in email contact, Adam plans to ship this out when he settles some of the other issues. Decent response time to emails.
If there are any good news, I will definitely keep you folks posted, so we don't lose hope.
If not,

Old 05-08-2012, 06:14 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Assuming the mods don't delete this
The only things that get deleted by mods are items that are in violation of the TOU - which you can find here: https://my350z.com/forum/faq.php?faq...q_terms_of_use

I realize that you are frustrated with this situation with Adam, but please do not redirect your anger towards the mod team. We're the ones pulling this information together and helping you guys out.

-- Now back on topic --

Thanks for the update, lkoh. I encourage everyone to keep us updated if the status of your order/refund changes.

Have any of you awaiting a resolution received a commitment from Adam as to when you can expect your orders to be completed or your money refunded?

Also, do you have open disputes via your bank and/or credit card to recover the money - or is your only option to receive resolution directly from Adam?

I will also PM Adam today to find out if he can provide any type of timeframe/idea of when these folks can expect a resolution. I can only imagine that not having a resolution is one tenth as troubling as not knowing if there is an end in sight.

Thanks, folks.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 05-08-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:49 AM
themadhatterxxx

Adam overcharges one customer $10,000
He double charges another.
He charges my card for $9,000 in three separate $3,000 charges on an order already paid in cash.

Bear with me here. His business takes a downturn. He starts floating it month to month during a tough time by putting false charges on peoples cards who put in legit purchases to keep cash in the accounts to pay suppliers. He's convinced it's a short therm thing and his business will turn the corner and he'll pay it all back. Problem is, it never turns the corner.

He gives me the sob story that his credit card company problems are due to
a rash of overseas buyers who rip him off with fraudulent charges. The way I read the litany of rip-offs above is that there never were any overseas charges. His credit card processor cut him off because he was putting false charges on customers credit cards that had to be reversed a month later giving him a month of float at their expense. They figured out what he was doing and cut him off.

And we're left holding the bag. Assuming the mods don't delete this, I dare Adam to come here and deny it.

Joe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z1 Auto in NY