Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

contacting intensepower.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Dude don't bother discussing anything with that moron... if it was really like he said it was then no one would ever screwed.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
[COLOR="blue"]
Z1 IMR, Vivid, IPP, Dynosty, etc etc.. are not warehouses.
Hey now! We have a lot of stuff in stock. Sometimes I'll go out to our warehouse and just wander around, looking for cool stuff to post up for you guys if it's been sitting a while. Speaking of that... I need to do that today

But yeah, I do agree that a lot of the time the vendor gets put in a situation where THEIR source misses an ETA, which then makes us look bad. In the end, you get your product but it is frustrating.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:03 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

see? i rest mah case beyetches. haha.

Rick Jaaaaymes.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 AM
MaelstrØm

no, we agree on all of it, im aware it sucks and these guys arent happy and thats no bueno.

but again, its the way it goes.. and it goes aaall the way back to the previous couple of comments, its VERY common in the industry, and its something ppl will have to learn to live with. Its nothing new.

Otherwise if supermarket service is what you desire and know specific laws on haha.. then yes, Id say stick w JWT or whomever is awesome at answering the phone etc.
Thats personal choice.. ill take the garage shops anyday.. i like the backwoodsiness.
I see what you mean - you basically have to live with the mess that is the current Z vendor industry, or pack up.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Originally Posted by MaelstrØm
I see what you mean - you basically have to live with the mess that is the current Z vendor industry, or pack up.
It's not just the Z vendors. It's the import car performance aftermarket as a whole. Anything coming from outside the US is subject to a whole mess of delays.

I worked at a coilover company before coming to Vivid. We had 1 container end up in the Caribbean somehow, thanks to the shipping company. That added over a week to the ETA. Then, it gets to the port in the US and customs held it because the paperwork was all messed up... You know, since the container was never supposed to be in the Caribbean, the fact that it arrived on a boat from there had them wondering what was going on. That added another week. Then it gets on a truck, and the driver wanted to deliver it either at midnight on a Thursday, or Monday the next week. The container finally got there (Friday morning ), and we had to ship 700 sets of coilovers ASAP because we were several weeks behind schedule. It happens. In that situation, 1 person at a port made a mistake and off-loaded our container. That 1 mistake cost 2 weeks in delays.

What's important is communication with our customers. If something is out of stock, we'll tell you and give you an honest ETA. Here at Vivid, we do our best to keep in touch with people. I'm on forums all day making sure our customers are happy.

Last edited by Vivid Racing; 08-18-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:27 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

oh snap! Vivid in w the knock out punch!!

Nice heh heh.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

See what I mean?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:44 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

yep, theres ZERO files comin across my desk at this event bro, im just thread hating cuz im bored broseph haha.
On a cool tip tho, im sitting on the floor of the united center and my desk is where the hoop sits, home of the Bulls.
And its frikn freezing in here!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 PM
nismophoenix

Yea I've been mailing and calling 4-5 times a day for 2 weeks my chargespeed bumper I got pretty fast my originlab stuff have been a bit of a pain but I got a hold of some one pm so let's see how that goes lol
Old 08-18-2011, 01:11 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

and there you have it folks, the OP has been PMd back by the vendor.

wheres Trodis when you need him...
.thread.
it gives this the banz.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:18 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

heres the problem i have. whether or not a company stocks the parts or not why dont they tell the consumer whos interested that its not stocked and will be a delay in the order? thats where the issue is. as a consumer we dont kno how the back end stuff works unless the seller tells us. all we kno is when i click pay on the screen and i expect my stuff within a 2 weeks or so unless specified that there will be a delay at the time of order.

not take money and pretend its going to come in a timely manner then have the consumer call them repeatedly after the fact only to find out "oh its on backorder so it may take a month or so". but businesses dont wanna do that and would rather take the money first then deal with the BS later.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by saywat?

heres the problem i have. whether or not a company stocks the parts or not why dont they tell the consumer whos interested that its not stocked and will be a delay in the order? thats where the issue is. as a consumer we dont kno how the back end stuff works unless the seller tells us. all we kno is when i click pay on the screen and i expect my stuff within a 2 weeks or so unless specified that there will be a delay at the time of order.

not take money and pretend its going to come in a timely manner then have the consumer call them repeatedly after the fact only to find out "oh its on backorder so it may take a month or so". but businesses dont wanna do that and would rather take the money first then deal with the BS later.
The first part is a reply to this^^^, the rest of the rant is not aimed at you my man...

Youre assuming they never said that, people have very selective hearing when they are happy n buying stuff.

Also, im sure a normal convo would sound similar to this:
"Sure we can do those for X dollars shipped, normal they stock those, and id assume about a week from the manufacturer, it can change if theyre out of stock but ive never had an issue w them before.." blah blah.

what is just absolutley rekokulous to me is to keep hearing ppl continually act like any vendor knows the status of the top of ther head.. haha.. RETAIL DONT WORK THAT WAY.. thats being ridiculous now guys cmon.

Now i will say:
This is now a completely redonk convo. it is personal, the guy is my friend. Ill rant and them im out as i dont want to get nasty on here anymore..

let me ask you this.. what if i worked there.. had for years.. it was ME you guys were blastin on....

and what if you found out ( in my own personal business) that i had to get dialysis twice a week, and i couldnt get to every call or pm or something right away..am I an @ss then? Or then its just "this shop sucks cuz they let that guy keep his job and hes never there"...obviously not the issue, but just sayin.. the mob mentatily here sometimes is nuts..

theres sometmes more to things than you think.... and sometimes it aint our frikn business fellas.

everyone came to a normal non vendor members aid IMMEDIATLEY on a "Someone stole my money" thread TODAY ... .and over something far graver. a Marketplace sale, 2700 bucks gone, no product and no contact. Everyone just jumped right in and said " He would never do that, weve known him for years, i just bought from him last week, i just talked to him, give it time, hey maybe you are the criminal and youre lying to us! Yeah thats it! its you, maybe theres more to it we dont know yet, give it time" etc etc..

But somehow we like to do the exact opposite and just bash vendors here and b#tch and complain all the time..and the mods finally cut the power on the other thread today.. i cant believe they left the juice running on this one too.

i know its just a forum.. its for fun, but for Christs sake, let it be fun.

Last edited by bmccann101; 08-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 PM
saywat?

^thats why its important for vendors to tell their side of the story as well as properly informing their buyers. but from wat ive read of the buyers who have actual experience regarding not getting their things in time or wat not is that their is a lack of communication some where.

and if their is some major health issue it aint that hard to have someone post an auto email reply or on the website or on the answering machine stating "so and so in on his death bed and cant reply for now" lol
Old 08-18-2011, 02:53 PM
MaelstrØm

Originally Posted by VividRacing
What's important is communication with our customers. If something is out of stock, we'll tell you and give you an honest ETA. Here at Vivid, we do our best to keep in touch with people. I'm on forums all day making sure our customers are happy.
Good on you, if you and the customer communicate an ETA date (ie. you're both fully aware). The problem is the companies that take the customer's money, don't set the date, go silent and ignore the customer when they reach out.

I think BMC pretty much summed this all up right earlier.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM
MaelstrØm

Originally Posted by saywat?
and if their is some major health issue it aint that hard to have someone post an auto email reply or on the website or on the answering machine stating "so and so in on his death bed and cant reply for now" lol
Or the classic: Bob had some problems in the shop, had to fire someone, and he's out on vacation while filling a ton of back inventory, and his secretary deleted all his old e-mail. Just give him a few weeks to contact you!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

werd. a nice resolution to the thread.
Thanks gents.

Im out ill leave it alone.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

oh snap! Vivid in w the knock out punch!!

Nice heh heh.
Vivid always has the KO! I wasn't trying to hate on Intense btw. Good dudes over there. Even though we're competitors

Originally Posted by nismophoenix
Yea I've been mailing and calling 4-5 times a day for 2 weeks my chargespeed bumper I got pretty fast my originlab stuff have been a bit of a pain but I got a hold of some one pm so let's see how that goes lol
Honestly, Origin stuff takes a lot longer than other companies. Origin always has long ETAs.

And with that, I am also outta here! Glad the OP got this resolved.

Last edited by Vivid Racing; 08-18-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:47 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if it has long ETA or you simply dont have it in stock, say so on the website!! vendors rather lie to buyers than lose a sale.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
saywat?

^yup and the communication is always great up until the they get ur money then its like trying to get in touch with osama bin laden (atleast when he was still alive lol)
Old 08-18-2011, 05:11 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
if it has long ETA or you simply dont have it in stock, say so on the website!! vendors rather lie to buyers than lose a sale.
never had a single problem with Works Concepts. They always let me know before hand what they have in stock.

Quick Reply: contacting intensepower.com