Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Experiences with Cops in the Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:16 AM
PrimeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every morning on I-10 I see at least 3 cops with Lasers working and my drive in is only 20 minutes. There's always 1-2 cars receiving tickets. Same on the drive home. They have them stationed everywhere. The cops are like robots too. They hate their job, just ask for your license and write the ticket.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Nismomonkey

^^Hey how do you like those Tanabe NF springs? I got a set to replace my Eibach Pros just to see how it feels but I haven't got around to throwing them in yet. On a side note, I saw what you were talking about today up on 80. Didnt see them pulling people over yet but they had a line of cops up on the on ramp on the on ramp was a cop using a laser on people. Kinda sucks. I suppose its ok but I feel like thats cheating. lol.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:41 PM
h3nta1

when i had my civic SI, i was racing another honda (d16z w/a turbo vs my b20vtec - which I won XD) he pulls us over and called back up on the both of us, after 2 other squad cars arrived on the scene, he had both of us step out of the car. he asked us both a few questions and he let the other guy off with a warning and gave me a ticket for doing a burn out, at that point I realized he didn't see us racing, inside my head I had a big sigh of relief. later on that month I went to the courts and had my ticket dismissed saying that I accidentally chirped my tires and was by no means trying to waste a precious resource like my tires. the judge dismissed the whole thing, YAY!

Last edited by h3nta1; 09-03-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Legacy406
Premier Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,703 Posts

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
Nope, no flash bang for the m203. Maybe the swat team uses the ump 45? I'm on my phone so I can't post pics of one.
I thought the MP5 is the universal SWAT SMG?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:05 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h3nta1
when i had my civic SI, i was racing another honda (d16z w/a turbo vs my b20vtec - which I won XD) he pulls us over and called back up on the both of us, after 2 other squad cars arrived on the scene, he had both of us step out of the car. he asked us both a few questions and he let the other guy off with a warning and gave me a ticket for doing a burn out, at that point I realized he didn't see us racing, inside my head I had a big sigh of relief. later on that month I went to the courts and had my ticket dismissed saying that I accidentally chirped my tires and was by no means trying to waste a precious resource like my tires. the judge dismissed the whole thing, YAY!

Originally Posted by Legacy406
I thought the MP5 is the universal SWAT SMG?
Nope, some departments go with the H&K UMP and some only use AR's.

Last edited by jerseystyle; 09-03-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Nismomonkey

^ looks right. lol. It always looks fake to me for some reason. I think its the shiny red fire selector and they have all the pretty stickers on all the parts still too.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:28 PM
revray

Well, I finally received my well deserved ticket. Bummer since last one was in 94.

Racked up a 98 in a 70. Cop was cool, and stated I was trying to race the car next to me. I said no, I am on my way home from the airport, and if you notice, he is still ahead of me.

Gave me the full ticket. Oh well. Paid the ticket and moved on.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:11 AM
350_captain

First week i had the z, cop pulls me over in a small town at 2am. After following me for about 1 mile.
Gives me a ticket for a having a clear plastic piece over the license plate. Said it was "Obscuring the license plate".
I told him ive only had the car for a week and didnt know that was illegal, it came with the vehicle when i bought it.
He didnt care, said i was operating the vehicle and i should know all the laws of Texas Motor Vehicles.
Tried to give me another one for not having the front license plate. Told him i dont have the title yet, so i cant get new plates.
he let that go. I got pissed and left after he let me go and then i did a u-turn 10 seconds later in neighborhood
(legal area to do a u-turn, 4-way stop). Pulled me over again and told me i didnt stop at the stop sign where i
did the u-turn, even though it was in a neighborhood at 2am. Same damn cop 10 seconds after i got the first ticket.
2 tickets, 15 mintues. Not even for speeding lol.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Nismomonkey

^ you got screwed my friend. He was just bored and probably thought you were being an ******* or something. Sometimes cops are asshats, sometimes its the drivers fault. I think this one falls under asshat cop status. My Z in California came with only 1 plate on it. The front one and mounting bracket was missing. I figured when the dealer sent in registration I would get new ones so didnt worry. I now have registration and still only the 1 plate. I complained but they wanted me to pay to re register again to recieve 2 plates so I figure if I get a ticket for it I will just explain it to the judge and he can suck it. My truck has the same problem, only difference is its registered out of state and I do have the front plate, just where I am from you only have to have the front plate on if you are towing a trailer, because due to too many damaged plates needing replacement, they say if you have a trailer attached you can remove the rear plate just put it on the front.