MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   What are Dealers in your area charging? (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/54-what-are-dealers-in-your-area-charging.html)

wag3 05-02-2002 11:57 PM

What are Dealers in your area charging?

Here in South Florida, the dealers were charging from MSRP to $5000 over for the original Pre-Orders. I have no idea what is still available now. I saw a dealer on E-bay selling for MSRP. I am curious as to what pricing is going on around the country. Has anyone got a deal below MSRP? Has anyone got a deal at MSRP? Thanks for your feedback.

Chrome Silver Base over Graphite on Order

Dr Bonz 05-03-2002 03:41 AM

At the dealer just east of Pittsburgh where I preordered, I got MSRP but with the usual bogus "dealer prep" charge of $495. I put down $1000 refundable. I can't for the life of me think what a dealer could possibly do to "prep" a car that would cost that much.:(

BullishZ 05-03-2002 04:42 AM

I'm assuming that "prep" charge is in addition to the $540 destination??? That would suck.

My dealer charged $595 for destination and prep... that's only $55 more...

I made arrangements to be at the dealer when the car rolls off the truck too! I don't want any of those "service" guys joyriding my pretty baby before I get to. They will de-virginize her!

dan350z 05-03-2002 08:34 AM

pricing

I paid less than msrp including floor mats, trunk mat, splash guards and aluminum kick plate. this did not include tax but did include destination charge for enthusiast, super black, how about you guys and ladies.

BullishZ 05-03-2002 08:59 AM

Did ya have to haggle alot to get below MSRP?

dvlad 05-03-2002 09:11 AM

I also got mine below MSRP. The dealer included floor mats, kick plates and wheel locks(if that matters:) ) and destination.My deposit was $1000.

As far as haggling, well, i asked my dealer if he could work with me and he said no. So I left. Two days later i got a phone call asking what he could do for me. To make a long story short, i got what i mentioned above. :D

Dr Bonz 05-03-2002 03:00 PM

The $495 I mentioned was everything....prep and destination.

ccns23 05-03-2002 06:15 PM

Count yourselves lucky. My dealer is charging MSRP PLUS a $995 "car care package". This "package" includes a custom wax (ohhh), wheel locks, a pinstripe (which I told them if I see a pinstripe on my car, I will go ape-sh@t), and some other BS that I can't remember. Oh and did I mention that I worked for the aformentioned dealer? I told them is was a BS charge, but I wanted the car and no other dealers in the area had pre-orders left. I'm not happy about the charge, but I'd rather pay the $995 as opposed to the prices that will be charged for cars that are not pre-ordered. Total price for my car was $32,070. That includes tax & tags.

BTW, we still have 4 pre-orders left for anyone who is in the Philadelphia main line area.

Can't wait till it get's here!!!

RADZ 05-03-2002 07:12 PM

Dealers

In central PA, I would suggest Faulkner Nissan in Harrisburg and Eisenhauer Nissan near Reading. Lancaster Nissan charges for paint sealant, undercoating and wheel locks on all their cars. I was told that even if you don't allow them to perform these services, on your brand new Z, the charges still apply. ($600+)

SleeperGT 05-03-2002 07:58 PM

Refundable deposit $1000.

Car is sticker price.

kraZy 05-03-2002 08:15 PM

Sweet deal

I've known the GM of the dealership for 15+ years. I'm getting the Performance Model for $31K out the door with a $500 refundable deposit. Not too shabby...

2003z 05-04-2002 01:10 AM

Track with Nav, Side Airbags and Floor Mats.
$1000 under msrp. :D

Flyingscot 05-11-2002 11:32 PM

I paid $1500 non-refundable desposit and everything else at msrp with only the options I wanted. No dealer mark-up and the destination charge was just $395. I expected far worse. I didn't try to haggle, but did get them to pick up the cost of a rental car while my Maxima was being serviced.

archduke 05-12-2002 02:51 AM

It Depends!

My dealer is charging MSRP but there are some trying to gouge the unsuspecting and there are some not taking orders figuring that they will have some on the lot and be able to get whatever the market will bare.
The last group is the worst of the bunch IMHO:mad:

brackethead 05-12-2002 03:12 AM

wag3, you might want to check out my pre-order survey site (url is below).

I don't have price broken down by region or state, but that's not a bad idea for a new table.

Good luck!

dan350z 05-12-2002 07:42 AM

priceing

I got a deal because we bought my wifes' 98' altima from the same dealership. I still have not recieved confirmation and ordered on 2-22-02. This makes me very nervous. I did talk to ten yes I did say ten dealerships in the central florida area before making a decision. I did however pay 2500 deposit but hey its less I need to come up with later right?

mongoZ 05-16-2002 11:32 AM

What?! ! I put a $3500 refundable deposit for mine! Maybe it's because I ordered it on April. Hmmmmmm. . . .Where are all the San Diego 350z preorders in here? How much did you guys have to put up???:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

gibbsy1 05-16-2002 08:39 PM

mongoZ,

My Mossy El Cajon preorder was 10% of the MSRP, as calculated using the nissandriven.com website. No sales tax, vehicle license, or anything else. All we did was go to the website, put in the model and options I wanted, printed it and I gave them a check for 10%. I never actually signed an order or was given a copy of the printout. Only signature I made was on the credit application. I've received both confirmations, which were accurate, so I'm not worried.

I never bothered to ask whether the deposit was refundable. But, Mossy has always been very easy to deal with, so I'm assuming (which is probably dangerous) that it is refundable. Not planning on needing to find out though.

Was Mossy Escondido a straight $3,500 deposit? I'm wondering if they changed after the inital preorders. I remember when I asked about preordering at Kearny Mesa in January, it was also 10%.

Dave

Jill 05-16-2002 09:07 PM

haha, i never even had to fill out a credit application - i guess they think i'm credit-worthy...no matter what if a 21 y/o came in there, *i* would have them fill out a credit app. I know I'd get approved, but still...If I didn't, I could always get outside financing. I'm glad I don't live in Cali, I only had a 1500 deposit. :)

Jill 05-17-2002 05:38 AM

haha touring...you'll have to wait til jmanz puts up the who's who section. right now, he is really the only one who has a face to match the name. :p so how'd you swing getting way below msrp? i could hardly find a dealer in my area that was willing to sell at msrp in march, so therefore, i went to the first one that told me. and i'm still amazed that i'm #2 at the dealership out of 8 - and i ordered march 4th! guess the demand wasn't as great out here. good for me.... :)