2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so how do you like your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

The Z’s very reliable and amazingly inexpensive to operate considering that it’s a high-powered two-seat sports car. I love the great torque (the Z's best feature) and nearly immediate acceleration.

I’ve had mine for 10 years (and 80K miles) and have spent very little on maintenance (far below the typical cost for a car), and the car still looks and drives like new. I’m still on the original clutch assembly and suspension with no indication it needs replacement.

--Spike
Old 01-08-2013, 02:15 AM
bloodwings19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
Extremely boring(slow) on the street and just absolutely amazing on a road course, even in stock form.
So true, on a Sunday morning with 0 traffic, I tested the car on corners and twisties which I've never done before. I could not believe how firm and precise it was. Looking back and having the car for so long with 0 problems and 0 trips to the dealership for repairs, I will not test my car like that. I want to keep this car another 8 years.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 AM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by bloodwings19
So true, on a Sunday morning with 0 traffic, I tested the car on corners and twisties which I've never done before. I could not believe how firm and precise it was. Looking back and having the car for so long with 0 problems and 0 trips to the dealership for repairs, I will not test my car like that. I want to keep this car another 8 years.
I made the mistake of owning a Z for a year without ever taking it on a road course.

4 years later I bought another one and did 9 events last summer on track with a stock car with brake pads. It is AMAZING.

I know from experience, if you're not tracking your Z, you just do not understand how great the car is.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by bloodwings19
A Z is designed to do that, so you wont have any problems coming from your car for a little bit of "spirited driving". Im surprised you didnt test it earlier but you should be fine expecially if your not driving it hard all the time.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:51 AM
SlowNFurious

Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
I made the mistake of owning a Z for a year without ever taking it on a road course.

4 years later I bought another one and did 9 events last summer on track with a stock car with brake pads. It is AMAZING.

I know from experience, if you're not tracking your Z, you just do not understand how great the car is.
Did you track it with oem calipers/pads/lines/fluid? I am just wondering because I have totally stock brakes and would like to do a track day this year, but have been a little worried about my brakes.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 PM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by SlowNFurious
Did you track it with oem calipers/pads/lines/fluid? I am just wondering because I have totally stock brakes and would like to do a track day this year, but have been a little worried about my brakes.
Single piston calipers + carbotech xp10 & xp8 + motul fluids.

Good fluid and fresh bleed is a must or youu will have major fade issues.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
kfoote

I went from a stock class 1999 Miata to a heavily modified 2003 DE as my track car last year. There are a few issues the Z has on track, the biggest being that IMO, it is absolutely critical that some sort of brake ducting be done to the car. Even if it's only brake duct hose zip tied in place temporarily, it's a lot better than nothing and should be done. Other than that, the car is remarkably easy on consumables (brake pads, rotors, tires, and even fuel) for how fast it is. I would also not recommend tracking the car without a recent fluid change and without at least high performance front brake pads.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Slyguy_38

Originally Posted by Brian Kearney
Blu Hvn i did mistype it, sorry. its an 06 for $15,000 they have 2 black ones which i got mixed up

http://inventory.floridainternetcars...y/view/8241270 heres the one im interested in.
I just bought an '06 Roadster. It's a 6MT, has navigation and 45K miles. Paid $17K.

I've wanted a Z for over 20 years. Found this one and I'm thrilled with it...
Attached Thumbnails so how do you like your Z?-2006-350z-grand-touring-conv.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 AM
bmcmvox

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the first car I have owned where I will look at replacing an expensive part like the clutch I will inevitably ruin as an upgrade, rather than a pain in the *** expense. I love the car. She be so sexy.