Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Light Functionality

Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 AM
SV350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Light Functionality

Hello,

When I first got my 350z, the interior light would turn on when I unblocked the door. It would stay on until I started the car, same thing when i took the key out of ignition until I opened the door.

It did this for days, working fine, I have a used 04' which is slightly modified. I am not sure if this was stock function or not?

Anyway, it has stopped doing it! The interior lights work normally on manual control, but the automatic does not work.

Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

in which position is the switch in the middle of the 2 lights?. that is what controls that function
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 PM
SV350z

Thanks beezee. I suspected that but it did not seem to help. I disconnected + reconnected my battery today for a radio install and now it started working as normal. Switch was in the door position. Pretty weird. Thank you.

One more thing I noticed: In my Z the passanger side window control (electric) is reverse of what it should be. IE pressing it down does not put the window down, instead pulling it up does. Same happens when I activate it from the driver console (for passanger window), is this normal or is something nuts in my car?
Old 01-30-2013, 04:09 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Well that is not normal. The Z works same as other cars. down opens and up closes.
Hopefully someone can help. At least you can open and close so that helps
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 AM
TPete19

Originally Posted by SV350z
Thanks beezee. I suspected that but it did not seem to help. I disconnected + reconnected my battery today for a radio install and now it started working as normal. Switch was in the door position. Pretty weird. Thank you.

One more thing I noticed: In my Z the passanger side window control (electric) is reverse of what it should be. IE pressing it down does not put the window down, instead pulling it up does. Same happens when I activate it from the driver console (for passanger window), is this normal or is something nuts in my car?
And this started happening after your stereo install as well? The way I see it, (since it happens from both the driver and passenger door switches) the power wire for the up and the power wire for down going into the window motor may be reversed.

If the power for driver/passenger windows are independent of one another prior to the switches, those could have gotten reversed somehow as well. But only from the source before it divides to the respective sides of the car.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:13 PM
SV350z

^no it always was that way. No idea why, I bought her used. They installed some crap Di-noc imitation on the door panels, I assume they did not connect the wires properly. It just seemed weird that from the driver side, it is reveresed for the passenger too. Anyway, reversed cables -- will check it.

Thanks