Ya screw that, terrible customer service
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I've actually had nothing but good customer service from Coz @czp
Old 03-07-2013, 04:11 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Wow. If I got a product like that in the mail and they sent me that kind of BS response, I'd be calling the BBB and demanding a refund. I don't think Concept Z Performance has any idea how bad this looks for them to other members on this board.

To say "If the shield was mangled and unusable, I'd send him out a new one in a hearbeat" is meager, at best. You sent him a new item that was advertised as new but looks used. And now you want to tell him what level of damage should be acceptable to him. Save some face and take the part back.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Never ordered from them. Seems it will remain that way
Old 03-07-2013, 04:17 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Wow. If I got a product like that in the mail and they sent me that kind of BS response, I'd be calling the BBB and demanding a refund. I don't think Concept Z Performance has any idea how bad this looks for them to other members on this board.

To say "If the shield was mangled and unusable, I'd send him out a new one in a hearbeat" is meager, at best. You sent him a new item that was advertised as new but looks used. And now you want to tell him what level of damage should be acceptable to him. Save some face and take the part back.
I agree with the second part.... COZ needs to suck it up and send the OP a a flawless one of these or settle some kind of deal.

However you do realize the BBB is a bernie madoff caliber scam though right? BBB won't do shyt to get your money back. Companies buy the right to post their BBB ratings and somehow those companies always have great ratings....
Old 03-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Sickboy101

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

Response from Concept Z was unprofessional. If the product comes with flaws due to poor packaging from the manufacturer then have a disclaimer on your site stating that. The OP paid good money for a new part and what was sent looks used.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 PM
b18ccivics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coz@CZP
Hey Guys,

The JWT shields are not completely wrapped, and thye are shipped in Bulk and might hit each other causing scratches during transportation to our facility. They have always been like that. If the shield was mangled and unusable, I'd send him out a new one in a hearbeat.
If a product is known to have finish problems it should have been taken up with the manufacture. Not passed on to the customer....
Old 03-07-2013, 05:11 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Quality control MF
Old 03-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Pholicious

I've been ordering most of my parts over the past weeks / months from Mike@CZP no problems great service.. actually just received 2 boxes of parts from him this afternoon.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, that part of the heat shield will be out of view with the filter installed.

The part with the threaded holes will not even be visible.

Do I like the idea that there's some small marks on the piece? No, but I don't see those minor blemishes as anything that will negatively impact you and your car in any car show.

I've been a show judge for several events including nationally recognized shows. I've judged everything from pre-puberty kid owned, back yard projects to vehicles that are worth over six figures. So, unless you're keeping this car as strictly a show car that is garaged and never driven, you're not going to suffer with those minor marks.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:05 PM
JaE35z

Seriously nit picking...a damn heatshield really? lol Pretty sure it'll work just like brand new..i'm sure the filter is perfect, this item isn't going to do anything to help your car anyway. Can't believe you'd try and bring down their reputation over this
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by JaE35z
Seriously nit picking...a damn heatshield really? lol Pretty sure it'll work just like brand new..i'm sure the filter is perfect, this item isn't going to do anything to help your car anyway. Can't believe you'd try and bring down their reputation over this
Couldn't disagree more. Today it's a heat shield; what is it tomorrow? That seems to the the direction customer service is heading these days and it's pure BS. Would you say the same thing if you ordered a brand new Z from your local Nissan dealer with scratches in the paint? Then, the dealer tells you that Nissan ships all their cars this way and it's expected; but not their responsibility because it's still a functional car.

Decent business practice would suggest that CZP partially refund the OP for a damaged product followed by a phone call to JWT explaining their packing is sub-par; thus causing distributors to lose money on refunds and replacements. CZP keeps the customer happy while saving a little face and JWT gets valuable feedback which will result in less complaints and money lost.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 PM
QuintonC

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts

^ This guy knows whats up. I wish I could +1 you and give you a MASSIVE high five!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

^ I agree. I don't think he's upset about the heat shield. It's how they responded. Could have offer gift card for a next purchase.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
JaE35z

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Couldn't disagree more. Today it's a heat shield; what is it tomorrow? That seems to the the direction customer service is heading these days and it's pure BS. Would you say the same thing if you ordered a brand new Z from your local Nissan dealer with scratches in the paint? Then, the dealer tells you that Nissan ships all their cars this way and it's expected; but not their responsibility because it's still a functional car.

Decent business practice would suggest that CZP partially refund the OP for a damaged product followed by a phone call to JWT explaining their packing is sub-par; thus causing distributors to lose money on refunds and replacements. CZP keeps the customer happy while saving a little face and JWT gets valuable feedback which will result in less complaints and money lost.

They have a solid reputation, so tomorrow how about it be nothing? And you can't compare an intake cone to a car worth..that's just dumb giving the price you pay combined with expectations. I agree they should give the man a new shield but all of this isn't needed
Old 03-07-2013, 06:27 PM
JaE35z

One thing goes wrong and people jump the gun time and time again because people on this forum will pat their back..this is trending if you haven't noticed
Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

They have a solid reputation, so tomorrow how about it be nothing? And you can't compare an intake cone to a car worth..that's just dumb giving the price you pay combined with expectations. I agree they should give the man a new shield but all of this isn't needed
One thing goes wrong and people jump the gun time and time again because people on this forum will pat their back..this is trending if you haven't noticed
So you're saying that the value of a dollar is the same to everyone? Maybe the OP has been saving for 3 years to buy this intake. It doesn't really matter; a complaint is a complaint and a "solid reputation" is only as good as the service. Did you not see CZP's response in this thread? Pure foot-in-mouth IMO.

But, that's all this is...IMO. I have no affiliation with either party just speaking on the info given. While I probably wouldn't have taken the same action as the OP, I would have complained until my teeth were blue if I received a less than perfect brand new product.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Sickboy101

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

It all about principle... The response the vendor gave was pure horse shyte.

AdvanZ33 is correct with his insight. BTW the vendor does not have a squeaky clean reputation.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
JaE35z

3 years to save money for a 90 dollar intake? You're clearly just building an argument and I rest my case...i just don't think all this was needed
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM
ImmBEAST

To be honest, it's not that bad. It's true that the response he gave was VERY unprofessional, and that alone would excuse me from ever purchasing from them again, but you really made it seem much worse than it really is... It's a little scratched up from previous installation. Sucks, yes... loss of customer? Hopefully, but your post is a bit exaggerated. Take a deep breath and have a nice LONG conversation with the owner over the phone. Make sure he understands that MANY Z enthusiasts will see this on our forums, and maybe then, he'll give you a full refund. Then you mail him a picture of your middle finger.

Quick Reply: Vendor Feedback - http://www.conceptzperformance.com/