Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Vendor Feedback - http://www.conceptzperformance.com/

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM
RedLine_ZR

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

when i first saw this post i thought
wow theyve actually been really good to me from my past experiences..
i had ordered a couple parts on saturday and were suppose to be delivered today

when open the box i noticed one of them was the wrong piece.
i had ordered it polished and they sent me a matte black one

i called them and told them what had happened and they already sent me a new one polished.. should be here by monday he said..

i was looking forward to saying that i never had any problems with them in this thread but then this happened..
either way their customer service was actually very helpful for me
Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should have ordered it from Z1 motorsports

But seriously, it's a pretty big deal. I'm sure no one would like to buy a brand new product only to unbox and find a bunch of scratches on it etc etc.. There's no such thing as "it's not that bad". The reply was pretty sh!tty too, very unprofessional.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:46 PM
jtbinvalrico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered from czp with no problems........but this needs to be fixed ASAP. CZP, c'mon back and unf**k this so we can all move on. We'll chalk it up to a brain fart.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Austin209

Originally Posted by Pholicious
I've been ordering most of my parts over the past weeks / months from Mike@CZP no problems great service.. actually just received 2 boxes of parts from him this afternoon.
^This. I have ordered several things from Mike@CZP as well and had nothing but good service. One shipping mistake, but it was taken care of right away without question.

OP did you order from the website or from a vendor through this site? Just curious.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have ordered several things from them and had the most pleasant experience ever from them.

OP, I would have tried to work something out with them rather than making a thread for such an easily fixable issue
Old 03-08-2013, 12:31 AM
SuperZMachine

You should be ashamed! That is easy to fix, why make a thread about an heatshild.

I have also ordered almost everything to my car from concept z preformance and i have only good experience with them!

I will continue to order my stuff from COZ
Old 03-08-2013, 04:34 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW I received my pop-charger with similar scratches from another vendor. They too blamed the manufacturer's poor packaging and said they were all like that.

I was not happy but once installed never saw the scratches or thought about them again because they are hidden.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:35 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I personally wouldnt be too bent out of shape over this particular scenario but I do see advan's point as well as waizzz's
IMO best thing would have been for the vendor to offer the OP some sort of discount code on a future purchase from first contact after receiving the product.
Anyways good luck to OP on future car shows.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:47 AM
350TX

Thumbs down

In the long run will the cosmetic blemishes affect the performance of the heat shield? No.

When all of us can go to the many vendors which sell the same core products I'd hesitate to buy any product from a vendor that has sub-par/poor customer service skills. For these vendors who sell products online, many customers cannot just go to their physical storefront and just return or exchange a product. So it's important to convey a "piece of mind" through the website and how the vendor communicates with a customer if there are any issues. After reading CZP's email response my impression from them was "Deal with it..." I definitely would not like to have ordered an exhaust kit and there was a bolt or nut missing and CZP just tells me to go to Home Depot.

If you are a vendor you don't know if a small purchase may lead to a bigger one so how a vendor handles customer issues is vital. Based on the OP's experience, CZP definitely lost out on that potential opportunity to sell more products to the OP and any other members on my350z.com who might have thought about purchasing anything from CZP no matter how big or small it may be.

In regards to the product, it's up to the vendors to complain to the manufacturer of sub-packaging and make note of the cosmetic defects. It could very well be that the manufacturer does not realize there is a packaging deficiency. It's apparent CZP does not have an issue with the blemishes and if they did they wouldn't be selling the subject product.

I think we can all expect when we make a purchase, we expect the new/unused product to look exactly that. It doesn't matter if the inherent nature of the product will be damaged or get blemished in it's use.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:18 AM
z2envy

As mentioned before you will not see any of those marks at all once installed... You can have them send you another one but I'm sure that one will come with the same scratches and so on. Doesn't matter who you get them from they are all shiped from the factory the same way. In bulk and with all the shields touching eachother.

As for the reply from the vendor he could of mentioned that when installed you will not see the scratches.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:29 AM
PerfZ

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I painted the heat shield flat black anyway so those scratches would not have been important to me. But the response was certainly less than professional, especially from a vendor who has a very solid rep. The response from Coz in this thread was not exactly stellar either. Seems quite out of character.......
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 AM
cgkp0925

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Quality control MF
Originally Posted by b18ccivics
If a product is known to have finish problems it should have been taken up with the manufacture. Not passed on to the customer....

If something is being advertised as new, then the OP should get a new product, not a "like-new" product. It's not knit-picking either, it's getting what you paid for.

End of story.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:31 AM
cgkp0925

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Couldn't disagree more. Today it's a heat shield; what is it tomorrow? That seems to the the direction customer service is heading these days and it's pure BS. Would you say the same thing if you ordered a brand new Z from your local Nissan dealer with scratches in the paint? Then, the dealer tells you that Nissan ships all their cars this way and it's expected; but not their responsibility because it's still a functional car.

Decent business practice would suggest that CZP partially refund the OP for a damaged product followed by a phone call to JWT explaining their packing is sub-par; thus causing distributors to lose money on refunds and replacements. CZP keeps the customer happy while saving a little face and JWT gets valuable feedback which will result in less complaints and money lost.
+10000000000000

That's money right there. Now if only the world would work like that everyday.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Brian Spilner

i like the tuna salad sammiches here
Old 03-08-2013, 08:08 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

However insignificant the issue may be to some of you, that's pretty awful customer service...I will not patronize CZP; to each their own...
Old 03-08-2013, 08:49 AM
ParanoidAndroid

man, thats not even that bad, scuff it and paint it a color of your choosing and it will look brand new. for customer service...yeah lol won't be ordering from them.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 AM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just get it painted, OP

I'm pretty sure Concept guys would have considered the scratches if it was on a display gauge, sensitive engine parts, etc etc. Dunno, but that's just me.

All parts that I had been ordering were shipped to me very were carefully packed and they make sure they get here in perfect condition. I've referred him to my buddies. One of them is placing a 5k usd worth of parts pretty soon.

Nonetheless I hope Concept does something about this to help you.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:31 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

sweet jesus.

OP, you ARE NOT HELPING ANYONE by banging on one of the last remaining legit shops because of YOUR ONE TIME issue.
YOU ARE GVING BAD ADVICE.

Coz you are a patient man to remain in this industry.

internet anonimity, bashing over a 100 dollar part..so i bet this guy would expect you to take a return if he had bought the part and installed it and pulled it right off etc..

These threads IRK me to no end.

i honestly cant STAND car people some times.. cheers to you Coz for putting up w it and passing thru discounts. Im sure CZP makes about 4 dollars for each 106 dollar shipped JWT intake.

fkn total walmart/ebay generation. grr.

Last edited by bmccann101; 03-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:49 AM
SuperZMachine

+1 Thumbs up!
Originally Posted by bmccann101
sweet jesus.

OP, you ARE NOT HELPING ANYONE by banging on one of the last remaining legit shops because of YOUR ONE TIME issue.
YOU ARE GVING BAD ADVICE.

Coz you are a patient man to remain in this industry.

internet anonimity, bashing over a 100 dollar part..so i bet this guy would expect you to take a return if he had bought the part and installed it and pulled it right off etc..

These threads IRK me to no end.

i honestly cant STAND car people some times.. cheers to you Coz for putting up w it and passing thru discounts. Im sure CZP makes about 4 dollars for each 106 dollar shipped JWT intake.

fkn total walmart/ebay generation. grr.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
man03999

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Couldn't disagree more. Today it's a heat shield; what is it tomorrow? That seems to the the direction customer service is heading these days and it's pure BS. Would you say the same thing if you ordered a brand new Z from your local Nissan dealer with scratches in the paint? Then, the dealer tells you that Nissan ships all their cars this way and it's expected; but not their responsibility because it's still a functional car.

Decent business practice would suggest that CZP partially refund the OP for a damaged product followed by a phone call to JWT explaining their packing is sub-par; thus causing distributors to lose money on refunds and replacements. CZP keeps the customer happy while saving a little face and JWT gets valuable feedback which will result in less complaints and money lost.

Originally Posted by cgkp0925
+10000000000000

That's money right there. Now if only the world would work like that everyday.
x1000

Quick Reply: Vendor Feedback - http://www.conceptzperformance.com/