Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Post your double take stories!

Old 12-19-2013, 09:03 AM
The_Assassin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol those are all funny stories. I dont have any funny stories but I do get a lot of compliments.

I was driving one day and a old lady and her husband that was next to me at a light rolled down her window. "Hey Papi, I like your car" lol I had just got my car coming from a honda civic lx never got any comments like that. Another day I was driving with my gf and these 2 guys in a old beat up car was like " hey, my friend said the 350 only makes 200 hp but I told him no like 280", I laughed and was like nah bro, I got the hr model I make 306 hp but there is a model that makes 287.

One last one lol. I was coming from work one day I had this g35 hot on my ***. It's like he was following me. I drove on a back rode just to see wth was up. He then pulled up next to me and was like "20 roll I got an intake" I tried not to but I had a long day at work and had to release some stress lol. I destroyed him even with my granny shifting. He came up to me and was like " what the hell did you do to it :0" Nothing stock hr. He looked puzzled as hell guess he never heard of the hr.

Last edited by The_Assassin; 12-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:16 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

I thought there was already a thread on this subject

Whats the best compliment you gotten?

Last edited by zakmartin; 12-19-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:34 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

This happened a few months back, I posted it in the MN thread but it fits here, kinda. lol

I went to Subway for dinner (love their meatball sub for some odd reason) and when I got there it was completely empty inside. Well the girl working came up from the back and took my order and while she was making my sammitch here was our convo.

Sammich girl: Is that your car right there?

Me: Yeah.

Sammich girl: Ugh, I love those.

Me: Thanks

Sammich girl: How fast is it?

Me: It's alright, its quick but that's about it.

Sammich girl: It would be fast enough for me.

Me: Yeah, it's a lot of fun.

Sammich girl: Well I doubt I'll ever be able to afford one, thats a lot of
money for one of those.

Me: Oh they're not that expensive these days, you can get a used one for less than a lot of new cars.

Sammich girl: Really? I better start saving then, still probably take me 10 years.

Me: Well just save what ya can and don't waste money on stupid crap and you'll get there in no time.

Sammich girl: (laughs) I hope so.
Sammich girl: Would you like some bacon on your sammich....... for freeeeeee???

Me:
Me: sure!

Sammich girl: Here you go, your total is yada yada yada
Sammich girl: Have a nice night and come back soon.

Me: Thanks, nice talking with ya.

Sammich girl: You too, I gotta tell my brother about you.

Me: Oh yeah, why's that????

Sammich girl: He says only jerks drive Porsches, but you seem like a really nice guy.

Me:
Me: Yeah, Us Nissan 350z guys aren't to bad either.
Me: exits stage left.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:37 PM
92K1500

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I hate it when people call Z's a Porsche. They look nothing alike..... Plus if you hit a tree in our car it's not going to turn into a fireball.

One day a few years back I was going to get some fuel for the Z and being the teenager I was, I was blasting some rap music with the windows down as I pulled in.

Well, I was listening to Sex Out South by Tech Nine and I'm not going to post the lyrics here because they are a little graphic. If you are that curious feel free to look them up. Anyways it was at a part in the song where he is saying a female begged to have a male's object in her exit only, but the said it was too big to fit so he used his fingers.

As I get out of the car (not really paying attention to the other people there) I hear a lady say, "That's a nice car and even better music!" I turned around and I see an older (late 40's ish) black lady dressed up all nice like she just left church with a big smile on her face.

I was kinda embarrassed due to the lyrics of the song, said thank you and proceeded to fuel up my car.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:34 AM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by SR71
This happened a few months back, I posted it in the MN thread but it fits here, kinda. lol

I went to Subway for dinner (love their meatball sub for some odd reason) and when I got there it was completely empty inside. Well the girl working came up from the back and took my order and while she was making my sammitch here was our convo.

Sammich girl: Is that your car right there?

Me: Yeah.

Sammich girl: Ugh, I love those.

Me: Thanks

Sammich girl: How fast is it?

Me: It's alright, its quick but that's about it.

Sammich girl: It would be fast enough for me.

Me: Yeah, it's a lot of fun.

Sammich girl: Well I doubt I'll ever be able to afford one, thats a lot of
money for one of those.

Me: Oh they're not that expensive these days, you can get a used one for less than a lot of new cars.

Sammich girl: Really? I better start saving then, still probably take me 10 years.

Me: Well just save what ya can and don't waste money on stupid crap and you'll get there in no time.

Sammich girl: (laughs) I hope so.
Sammich girl: Would you like some bacon on your sammich....... for freeeeeee???

Me:
Me: sure!

Sammich girl: Here you go, your total is yada yada yada
Sammich girl: Have a nice night and come back soon.

Me: Thanks, nice talking with ya.

Sammich girl: You too, I gotta tell my brother about you.

Me: Oh yeah, why's that????

Sammich girl: He says only jerks drive Porsches, but you seem like a really nice guy.

Me:
Me: Yeah, Us Nissan 350z guys aren't to bad either.
Me: exits stage left.

Lmao I think that you could have gotten a little bit more than bacon for free if you pushed harder.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Landon_G03z

Originally Posted by 92K1500
I hate it when people call Z's a Porsche. They look nothing alike..... Plus if you hit a tree in our car it's not going to turn into a fireball.
Too soon..
Old 12-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 92K1500

One day a few years back I was going to get some fuel for the Z and being the teenager I was, I was blasting some rap music with the windows down as I pulled in.

Well, I was listening to Sex Out South by Tech Nine and I'm not going to post the lyrics here because they are a little graphic. If you are that curious feel free to look them up. Anyways it was at a part in the song where he is saying a female begged to have a male's object in her exit only, but the said it was too big to fit so he used his fingers.

As I get out of the car (not really paying attention to the other people there) I hear a lady say, "That's a nice car and even better music!" I turned around and I see an older (late 40's ish) black lady dressed up all nice like she just left church with a big smile on her face.

I was kinda embarrassed due to the lyrics of the song, said thank you and proceeded to fuel up my car.
Too soon man. And I did see a few pictures of Z that did catch on fire on impact.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Osborn Wu

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Assassin
Lmao I think that you could have gotten a little bit more than bacon for free if you pushed harder.
i'd have to say there are some instance you would avoid pushing harder at all cost...
Old 12-20-2013, 01:10 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by The_Assassin
She might have been 18, might have been.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:30 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Don't ask don't tell?
Old 12-20-2013, 02:42 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by pyshin
Don't ask don't tell?
Old 12-20-2013, 02:54 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

^^^ Epic.

She baited me with her sammiches, sir.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:17 PM
stuartc323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this happened last night driving into LA for Xmas

Was driving down the street coming up to a stop light, fine *** girl with her fine *** friend pulls up in a Porsche, "hey daddy can you teach me to drive stick?"

"Idk cutie, you might have to ask my wife."

"Ok she can join too, hopefully she knows how to ride." They giggled, than she took her left turn.

my face = than
Old 12-23-2013, 01:15 AM
trueandjust

people around my town have an unhealthy obsession with civics. there's a couple guys that are always. saying how their cars could destroy mine. I usually ignore them because they are idiots.. but they do talk about my car more than their own
Old 12-23-2013, 10:30 AM
DaBaus

Last friday I was at a car meet in Mobile, Alabama. Needless to say...This is how my story goes:

Girl runs up to my car as soon as I park and step out and put the top down.

Girl: Omg!! what car is that! its sooo "PRETTY".
Me: Its just a nissan 350z roadster.
Girl: IS that a minion?! OMG ITS SO CUTE! Can i have it?
Me: NO, im sorry its a gift from a close friend...
Girl: Can i sit in your car? Does it have those lambo doors?
( im thinking you just watched me get out wtf)
Me: yeah sure go ahead...
Girl: OMG ITS SOOOO NICE. it has leather and heated seats!! Can I start it and rev the engine????
Me: Sure if you know how. =]
(She attempts to crank my car without clutching in)
Girl: Nevermind, its too hard...
Me: Thats what she said. ^_^
Girl: *Giggles*

after all that her boyfriend walks up and sees her trying to start my car and says

"Yeah I need to teach her how to drive a stick"...

I had the urge to say "Ill show her how to drive with my stick"...but i didnt. =T
Attached Thumbnails Post your double take stories!-20131212_002850.jpg  
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM
MrRon

Originally Posted by DaBaus
I had the urge to say "Ill show her how to drive with my stick"...but i didnt. =T
Should have said it! HAHA

The first day I got it a guy said nice car as I drove past him in the parking lot.

And I mainly get a bunch of little kids saying my car is really nice.
But this one time this like 9 year old kid got out of this late 80s honda accord with his mom, as I'm putting the few bags of groceries in the trunk of mine. And he ask's his mom, "When I'm older can you get me a car like that?"
his mom says, "When we win the lottery." lol

I have also gotten stares from like 18-21 year old girls when they are walking across the street, and I'll give them a wink, and they'll smile. (I'm 19 )
And a few thumbs up from high school kids who walk home.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:05 AM
DaBaus

This happened to me on the 3rd of this year! I was going through the drive through at Taco Bell... I pull up and kid sticks his head out to eye my car and was like DAMMMMM NICE RIDE BRO!! WHAT IS IT??!! I said, "Its a porsche bro(I drive a 350ZR), I can't afford anything else but taco bell after buying it because its so much"...so the dude was like "Dam, i bet you paid alot! I wish i could afford one" I looked at him and was like "You can dude, You will..I believe in you"

So I pull up to the next window to get my food...and he comes around the corner and hands me a bag and said "Hey man take this!"...

I ended up with 3 free Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos from that kid on top of my Deal #4 $2 dollar deal meal... Gave him a thumbs up and drove off into the horizon.

Great SUCCESS!

Last edited by DaBaus; 01-06-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Tenacious T

When I first got my NISMO I parked it at a Chinese place to go in and get some takeout, when I came out two girls in a cobalt were ogling it. When they saw me walking towards it they ask "Is that your car?" I replied yes, and of course they ask if it's a porsche... I say no it's a 350Z NISMO edition. One girl says "Wow, well sorry we were stalking your car it's just so beautiful!" I laughed and said it was fine and that I understood.

I don't really get why people think it's a porsche... To me they look nothing alike.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:15 PM
DaBaus

Originally Posted by Tenacious T
When I first got my NISMO I parked it at a Chinese place to go in and get some takeout, when I came out two girls in a cobalt were ogling it. When they saw me walking towards it they ask "Is that your car?" I replied yes, and of course they ask if it's a porsche... I say no it's a 350Z NISMO edition. One girl says "Wow, well sorry we were stalking your car it's just so beautiful!" I laughed and said it was fine and that I understood.

I don't really get why people think it's a porsche... To me they look nothing alike.
Honestly, I don't see it either... but the lines are quite similar if you compare them.. Plus "Porsche" is more exotic than a meesley 350z =T so its more recognizable.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:26 PM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by MrRon
Should have said it! HAHA

The first day I got it a guy said nice car as I drove past him in the parking lot.

And I mainly get a bunch of little kids saying my car is really nice.
But this one time this like 9 year old kid got out of this late 80s honda accord with his mom, as I'm putting the few bags of groceries in the trunk of mine. And he ask's his mom, "When I'm older can you get me a car like that?"
his mom says, "When we win the lottery." lol

I have also gotten stares from like 18-21 year old girls when they are walking across the street, and I'll give them a wink, and they'll smile. (I'm 19 )
And a few thumbs up from high school kids who walk home.
lol if he said it am pretty sure he would be in the hospital making that post.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post your double take stories!