MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Post your double take stories! (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/588279-post-your-double-take-stories.html)

AbdulMush350Z 12-18-2013 10:50 AM

Post your double take stories!

Write some stories about times you've found your car being looked at a few times, times when a someone has complimented your car, or if a girl has ever specifically found something nice on your car :cool: ill start:
Driving to the orthodontist a few weeks after getting the car, i see a mother looking through her purse (most likely for keys), with a baby in her hand and a baby on the ground. Both children were crying, until they saw the Z :icon9: all 3 of them look at it in pure amazement, it was awesome.
Post your fun stories!

goose691 12-18-2013 11:14 AM

I have two:
first is, I was going to visit my sister on the local air force base, I pulled up to the guard office and a guy popped his head out and was like, "holy ****, its an orange 350z"

second is
I was pulling through the mcdonalds drive through and the guy took my money and was like "damn, thats a 350z, those cars are fast as f*** arent they?" i was like "yeah its alright, nothing super fast". Then he proceded to tell me about how they made a 4.0 v8 version that is rediculously fast and keeps up to gt-r's. I was like, dude, your stupid, thats why you work at mcdonalds.

POS VETT 12-18-2013 12:47 PM

Walking away from the car after parking, about 50' away, passed a guy pointing at the car and exclaiming to the rest of his group, "Nice Porshh!"

hehateme31 12-18-2013 01:43 PM

I had a older lady just the other day in traffic pull up to me ask me to roll my window down and said your car looks fast you wanna race? She's driving a 2012 Kia Optima you know the one with blake griffins paddle shifters. I told her I was good and she got mad and said she wouldve smoked me. lol she had to be in here late 40's it tripped me out i wasnt expecting that at all

stuartc323 12-18-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by goose691 (Post 10289493)
i have two:
First is, i was going to visit my sister on the local air force base, i pulled up to the guard office and a guy popped his head out and was like, "holy ****, its an orange 350z"

second is
i was pulling through the mcdonalds drive through and the guy took my money and was like "damn, thats a 350z, those cars are fast as f*** arent they?" i was like "yeah its alright, nothing super fast". Then he proceded to tell me about how they made a 4.0 v8 version that is rediculously fast and keeps up to gt-r's. i was like, dude, your stupid, thats why you work at mcdonalds.

lmfao ^

jared9753 12-18-2013 02:13 PM

me and my gf were going to pick up some dominos pizza. i park in the parking lot and she goes in. im sitting in the z and the delivery guy pulls up i see him staring at my car. then i stare at him plowing his celica right into the railing/ entrance to dominos. he goes up like three step of the stairs then turns out of them and parks (all while dragging his snapped control arms and rim ) my gf comes out and he told the manager that he "misjudged" the turn lmao

RacingBlack350Z 12-18-2013 03:44 PM

These stories are hilarious haha
I have a couple...in my Z it is normally from really young kids oddly enough. I had one kid yell at me from a school bus and give me a thumbs up and another kid in my neighborhood told me I had a nice car. Both of these kids were like ten! Another time, my dad got one on his 94 RX7. Some lady in her mid forties rolled down her window at a stop light and asked my dad if it was a Ferrari. My dad thought for a second about trying to explain to the lady what it was, but then he said, "Yea, its a Ferrari..." lol

92K1500 12-18-2013 04:07 PM

Mine has been called a Porche 3-4 times that I know of.

Had one redneck in an F150 yell at me while driving through town (35mph), "That's no hot rod bro..." At the light we were pulling up to I said, "I'm aware of that and never claimed it was. That's why my cammed V8 is in my truck." and leaned over enough he could see my Ford hat.

Had one girl ask how fast my GTR was. I didn't realize she was talking to me at first. lol

350zUSNavy 12-18-2013 05:39 PM

So before I joned the Navy me and my friend ran a landscaping company. Well we were working on a yard i was moving flagstone to the backyard and his F-250 was parked behind my Z in the street. I was loading up some flagstone and a lady was running by she stopped and asked my friend if that was his car he said no smiled and pointed at me saying its mine then pointed out his truck which she ignored looked at me and said "it looks like sex." Then she smiled and kept on running.

JaxonGT 12-18-2013 06:12 PM

was stopped at a light in midtown ATL with my windows down. A guy holding his daughter in his arms on the sidewalk was passing by and the little girl points at my car and says something to him to which he replies, "yes, that is a really nice car."

SLIdEwAyZ25 12-19-2013 01:47 AM

i was getting my cock blown as **** sitting in the school parking lot in the teachers section. an about the time i was gonna blow my load a teacher walked up and proceeded to tell me my tires are flat because they looked stretched. then i rode off into the sunset on my jet skii full throattle like braaaaaaaap.

350Zdj 12-19-2013 04:37 AM

I was driving past this police patrol vehicle when I noticed the cop staring at my car. Seconds later he pulled me over then asked me to step out as he slowly walked around the car. (exhaust is pretty loud, and it has testpipes so you could smell the fumes) I was like "fk! this is not good".

After he was done checking out the car, he started making offers to buy it. LOL.

Jah70 12-19-2013 05:37 AM

I was followed by a cop for about 2 blocks until he finally turned his lights on and pulled me over. He told me "nice car man, slow it down so I can get a better look at it."
Countless Porsche comments and one girl told me "damn daddy, wanna take me for a ride?". She was ugly as hell but I still thanked her for the compliment and peeled off while she was waiting at the bus stop.

Nismo350z#0310 12-19-2013 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by SLIdEwAyZ25 (Post 10289945)
i was getting my cock blown as **** sitting in the school parking lot in the teachers section. an about the time i was gonna blow my load a teacher walked up and proceeded to tell me my tires are flat because they looked stretched. then i rode off into the sunset on my jet skii full throattle like braaaaaaaap.

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowro fl:

Nismo350z#0310 12-19-2013 05:57 AM

i guess just about every time I drive it.

mostly anytime I'm at a gas station there's always someone who makes a comment or comes up to talk to me. or walks by and does the look back for a few seconds deal.

I mostly get a kick out of it when younger children look or point at it. Had 2 younger boys come out of the gas station wit their dad and one walked by and said "My God." As I was leaving they were in the back seat while their dad pumped gas and they were up on the back seat looking at it as I left. Always makes me smile!

travlee 12-19-2013 06:01 AM

everytime i open my garage and start the car a group of kids come and look, they are always saying they like my car. they have to hear it start up, small garage and tdx2, i feel sorry for the people above me

kaze06 12-19-2013 06:15 AM

Probably the best feeling is when you see some younger kids walking by on the street and notice them going ape over your car.

Always nice to see the future generation of gearheads. I like to give them a little downshift full throttle pull when applicable!

radiocrash 12-19-2013 06:27 AM

The day I brought my Z home, I was standing next to it in the street with my friend. Out of nowhere this eclipse with a fart can comes whipping it around the turn and flies past us in an effort to impress. Lolz.

One time at a gas station, this kid in a 240 came up to me and complimented the car. He said he was "opening a nissan race shop" :dunno: and wanted me to come by.

Am I the only one who gets ticked off when the first question someone asks is how much you paid for your Z? It's none of their business imo...seems kinda rude.

Landon_G03z 12-19-2013 06:56 AM

I love threads like this! I've got a couple.

I was pulling around the math building at college around a month ago and there was a group of people sitting on a bench. As I rolled past it, a blonde girl yelled Damn boy, when you gonna let me ride in that *****? That's the only time something like that had happened to me. But I get thumps up and people tell me it looks nice.

I went to a local car meet with a buddy right after he bought a TT 300, and we had the two cleanest cars there. (A log of Hondas and eclipses with plastidip paint jobs and fake wheels etc) I popped the hood on my car to show some mid 40's guy my engine bay and my k&n typhoon was the first thing that caught his attention. He was like damn, what did that give you like 30hp? And I just laughed and said something like that. Then he was like come here I've got somethin you'll like. He walked over to a Fronteir and popped the hood. There it was in all its glory. He made his own intake out of PVC and a chrome intake filter from advanced auto. I looked at it and was like man. That's really something. And he said yeah, I don't think it's getting enough air. I think I'm gonna cut a hole in either the quarter panel or the hood and run the filter out there. I said well, left me know how that goes. And walked away.

helloofficer420 12-19-2013 08:31 AM

One time I was parked outside a local car show about a year ago when I still smoked chronic. Well it was a decent drive back to my home town with about 4 of my buddies in their cars. So they were supposed to give me a heads up and they were kind of standing in a circle not paying attention when this lady in her mid 40's and her daughter walked up while I was still breaking up the bud.... lol Next thing i know shes tapping on the window... I was shitting bricks. I set my CD case on the passenger floor trying to play off the fact i had chronic sitting on my lap and a broken up dutch sitting on the floor of my car even though she already seen. lol to my surprise i get out, she totally overlooked the bud and proceeded to tell me how she had a 300zx back in the day and it was the best car she ever owned and she loves the 350z body style. other than that i get alot of compliments on the paint since its interlagos fire. its one of those colors you either hate or love. believe me i hear both sides lol but alot of random compliments about the car on average