Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z Store anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 AM
07maximan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z Store anyone??

Does any one actually shop at or buy from this place? I have to say they are pretty much a joke. I don't know how they stay in business. I've emailed them on several occasions asking about parts and it's always the same...out of stock. Then they tell you 1-2 weeks for everything. I was going near there today so I thought I'd swing by for some Hotchkis sway bars...guess what, out of stock. Oh yeah and guess what else, at least a week for them. I mean WTF for 20.00 more I can get them on amazon and have them Monday. I like to support local business but screw this place, I'll never even check their prices ever again...
Old 01-18-2014, 11:26 AM
BY350z

You do realize that this car has been out of production for about 6 years, not many of these online stores keep stock of certain parts to avoid cost, so most parts have to be order from the manufacturers. Parts stores tend to cater to the new models most of the times
Old 01-18-2014, 11:31 AM
07maximan

Originally Posted by BY350z
You do realize that this car has been out of production for about 6 years, not many of these online stores keep stock of certain parts to avoid cost, so most parts have to be order from the manufacturers. Parts stores tend to cater to the new models most of the times
I get that but in this day and age who wants to wait 2 weeks for a part. Just because it's out of production doesn't mean crap to me. If I had a 67 Camaro I could still get parts faster than 2 weeks and that's been out of production 40 years.... I could see some parts being out of stock but I've sent them 3 other emails regarding parts and it's always the same story. One was a spoiler and they told me 3 months, come on really??
Old 01-18-2014, 11:32 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Both times I ordered they have it in stock. Could be the product company.

On the flip side I ordered motordyne swaybar from Nissan Race Shop. Got it in 5 days after they told they didn't have it in stock. So they contacted motordyne to get it.

Last edited by RUNWDVL; 01-18-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:34 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They are a good store. Just because they don't have your part in stock doesnt mean anything.
The 350z has been out of production for many years.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:59 PM
07maximan

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
They are a good store. Just because they don't have your part in stock doesnt mean anything.
The 350z has been out of production for many years.
I'm not sure I understand how you can say that?? 2 weeks for a part? The Z Store is in SoCal and Hotchkis is in SoCal probably an hour away from them and 2 weeks...you guys are way more patient than me
Old 01-18-2014, 01:07 PM
oldschool350z

Originally Posted by 07maximan
I'm not sure I understand how you can say that?? 2 weeks for a part? The Z Store is in SoCal and Hotchkis is in SoCal probably an hour away from them and 2 weeks...you guys are way more patient than me
It's not like you need the part ASAP or your car will not run/drive. It's an aftermarket performance part.

It takes time to process and get items from manufactures. If this was for a 370z they would most likely have it in stock. How often do they get orders for that specific part for a 350z? Not often.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:08 PM
radiocrash

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

order from amazon then
Old 01-18-2014, 01:15 PM
07maximan

Originally Posted by radiocrash
order from amazon then
Actually even better is CZP. This is a great company. Fast shipping and great customer service...
Old 01-18-2014, 01:23 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Plan on getting some better aftermarket endlinks, soon. The OEM will work, but the geometry on the fronts is way off, and both the front and rear links will wear quickly with the stiffer bars.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:24 PM
08andawesome

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 07maximan
Actually even better is CZP. This is a great company. Fast shipping and great customer service...
Concept z is overpriced and customer service is crap..never had good luck with them. Z1motorsports.com however has always had the best prices. Even if they don't they will make it that way if feasible. When everybody else failed z1 came through. I'm also someone with little to no patience. So stock and availability is important to me.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:19 PM
07maximan

Originally Posted by 08andawesome
Concept z is overpriced and customer service is crap..never had good luck with them. Z1motorsports.com however has always had the best prices. Even if they don't they will make it that way if feasible. When everybody else failed z1 came through. I'm also someone with little to no patience. So stock and availability is important to me.
This goes to show that different people have different experiences. I dealt with Nick at CZP and he was awesome, he even returned my email on Christmas Day...who does that?? Shipping was super fast.

Whether or not I needed the part ASAP has nothing to do with the fact it takes so long to get it. Personally I'll never use them or even think of them when I need a part.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:25 PM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good points about the 350 being out of production.Some parts are scarcer.
Z Store usually has been good.However,during the past year,I've ordered stuff
that was out of stock.Furthermore,its always later than what they say.No matter
the vendor,they are at the mercy of the supplier.Z1 is better.But,more of a parts
supplier.Stuff like accessories,carbon fiber --the Z Store has.
Whay I do is ALWAYS call .No online then get a OS notice.THey can walk back in the whse to actually see the part.All depends what you are ordering.If you are ordering CF
stuff,some vendors make by order.They are never out.
Sadly,these guys are in business,the focus is greater on 370 stuff.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:54 PM
IV_SD_350Z

CZP took FOREVER to ship, I'm guessing it was a drop shipper setup. Z1Motorsports was on the ball and sent it fast, then gave me a courtesy call the day after I received it to make sure everything was ok. I forget the girls name, but she sounded like an angel... and Amazon is always great!

just my $.02
Old 01-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Osborn Wu

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i don't get it... there were parts that requires months of wait time to get even when the car was in production... and now you are complaining about parts that were explicitly listed as out of stock that requires wait time of two week when the car is out of production? what?
Old 01-18-2014, 07:11 PM
oldschool350z

Pay the extra $20 and buy from amaon. I'm the buyer that buys local and will wait if need be. Not everyone is like that in fact most want instant gratification.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Snidd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Z1motorsport.com is the best! shipping to Canada kind of sucks.but parts are great,shipping is fast,and support is amazing!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:14 AM
risenson

I have bought stuff from all 3 places. Z store sent it out fast no problem. CZP even worked with me with confusion about there site to make sure i was getting what i wanted and shipped it out fast. Z1 even though they haven't shipped it yet due to one of the parts being out of stock they at least told me right away. As someone said above its aftermarket parts you can wait it wont kill you not having it right away. I have to wait 5 more months to start working on my car and your biatching about 2 weeks.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:47 AM
Landon_G03z

Originally Posted by radiocrash
order from amazon then
+1.. I've had personal experience ordering from the z store. I'm pretty sure I bought 2 radiator drain plugs and a battery and brake cover. I'm in Mississippi and it only took like a week. Moral of the story is, if you would rather buy from elsewhere, then do so. Lol
Old 01-19-2014, 10:25 AM
JCITY
Banned

Cool Drop shipper?

Originally Posted by IV_SD_350Z
CZP took FOREVER to ship, I'm guessing it was a drop shipper setup. Z1Motorsports was on the ball and sent it fast, then gave me a courtesy call the day after I received it to make sure everything was ok. I forget the girls name, but she sounded like an angel... and Amazon is always great!

just my $.02
Both Z1 Motorsports & The Z Store are STOCKING distributors.
They have the stuff on site ready to ship.Since I live in the same region as Z1,I order from them more.I also have bought parts at their site and had
things installed and tuning done.In every case,my car was done at the TIME
promised.Usually,earlier.I cannot think of a time when they have listed a part on their site thayt it was not in stock.With the Z Store,its common to
get,"not in stock".However,their shipping is great.
Amazon is also a great source.Manty parts are dropped shipped from
a client vendor.Delivery is always on time.Amazon dictates a
firm delivery to these vendors.They cannot screw up.Had the wrong part
for another vehicle I own shipped top me from a Amazon vendor.I called the vendor.They messed up on one number of the item I.D.They sent a
return label and overnighted the correct part.I'd rather p[ay more for this type of service.

Quick Reply: Z Store anyone??