Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Been a Looooong time fellas. Found a few pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 05:30 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn. That z was nice. A lot of $$ put into it.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:36 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
Damn. That z was nice. A lot of $$ put into it.
Thanks. You're right about the money but it was worth it.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:09 AM
someguymatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats rad man haha.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I enjoyed reading your posts and miss seeing new ones. I guess we get to the point where there’s no longer much new to discuss.

My vehicle replacement history is opposite to yours. I went from four wheels drive off-road capable vehicles to sport cars. My last 4 wheel drive was a 1990 Mitsubishi Montero with manual everything (transmission, hubs, lockers, and even windows). I miss the utility and space in the 4 wheels drive vehicle, but just can’t bring myself to give up the Z’s handling.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:04 PM
kcobean

Hey Spike,
Yeah, I was a moderator here on my350z.com for a good while and on Viperclub.org as well. Been part of lots of drama and had all the conversations about modifications, events, etc. Sometimes you just need a change. Figured the Jeep was cheap fun.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Stayka

Originally Posted by kcobean
Hey Spike,
Yeah, I was a moderator here on my350z.com for a good while and on Viperclub.org as well. Been part of lots of drama and had all the conversations about modifications, events, etc. Sometimes you just need a change. Figured the Jeep was cheap fun.
Nice cars man.
This might be a weird question but it looks like you've sampled a lot of different car community cliques. Which one had the most supportive members you think? The viper club? The Z club? The jeep club? Etc... Know what I'm saying?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:44 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Stayka
Nice cars man.
This might be a weird question but it looks like you've sampled a lot of different car community cliques. Which one had the most supportive members you think? The viper club? The Z club? The jeep club? Etc... Know what I'm saying?
Not weird. VERY different crowds.

In my experience, car people are very friendly and supportive in general. I'm still learning the Jeep community, but helpful and friendly seems to be a common tenet there as well.

We tried to start a Z club here in my area, but the younger owner base are all very busy and most generally just didn't have the time to volunteer to get a formal club going. I really enjoyed hangin' out with everyone the opportunity presented itself. Going to ZDayZ at the Tail of the Dragon was probably the best time I had with my Z. Those folks worked hard to put on a tremendous event and we had a great time.

The Viper Club is well established and has (or had) huge support from Dodge. The member base is much older on average, and while there was more potential for drama, the folks in my local club were low-stress, top notch people. I was very proud to be involved with the VCA.

The online Jeep community is great people so far, and I'm hoping to get to know the locals to do some off-roading with.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It was definitely a lively place here back a few years ago 2004 - 2010 or so. I did the annual Pebble Beach Runs back then, but not near as much activity anymore though. My last run I did had 106 cars, which was I believe 3 years ago. I always thought about the Viper, just a power machine all the way. You ever think about Z's again or is that one out now. I still have mine bought brand new back in 2003 except now S/C also, and sits in the garage a lot with the little not able to ride in it. Bought a SUV and use it now more than anything. But once in a while got to hit it though. Only 20, 956 miles on my Z currently. (Still new: lol), but when I drive it feels so good.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:10 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by WSchli1672
It was definitely a lively place here back a few years ago 2004 - 2010 or so. I did the annual Pebble Beach Runs back then, but not near as much activity anymore though. My last run I did had 106 cars, which was I believe 3 years ago. I always thought about the Viper, just a power machine all the way. You ever think about Z's again or is that one out now. I still have mine bought brand new back in 2003 except now S/C also, and sits in the garage a lot with the little not able to ride in it. Bought a SUV and use it now more than anything. But once in a while got to hit it though. Only 20, 956 miles on my Z currently. (Still new: lol), but when I drive it feels so good.
I would absolutely consider picking up another Z in the future.....time will tell. I really did enjoy mine, and getting to switch back and forth between the jacked up Jeep and the sports car would be fun and good to keep my driving skills "on their toes", so to speak.

I've always had another SUV since I bought the Z back in Feb of '04. Had a Lincoln Navigator for almost 7 years, then bought a Suburban. Great for hauling kids, guns and whatever else might need to go in the back.

I bought my Z when my son was around 5. I went through the process of putting the airbag on/off switch in it so he could ride with me. Wasn't too expensive and the installer did an awesome job.

I know what you mean about feeling good getting behind the wheel. I only managed to put 12k on my Z in two years, my '01 Viper only had around 12k on it when I sold it in '09-ish, and I only put around 1800 miles on the '09. The Camaro was my daily driver and I put almost 20k on it in two years. The clutch in that car made it very "blah" to drive. GM can eff pretty much anything up if they try hard enough.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Loved the cars. Im sure the Jeep is a whole lot of fun. Post some pics of it. Its nice to have a Jeep and a Z in the garage.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:39 PM
kcobean

Not too many good Jeep pictures yet, but here's one:

Just finished helping the dealer install the TrekTop in this pic.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Sway bar disconnects? Best cheap mod ever.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:55 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Sway bar disconnects? Best cheap mod ever.
Yup. On the list!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:50 AM
C5_vette

Found a funny video of the first Viper at a local import meet. I knew many of the folks there from my days with the Z, so they didn't shun me too much.

Dance of the bumblebee - YouTube
Ah yes I remember this car (the Z) from when I first started hanging with people from the Mid-a,

and I remember that day at F:T, many good times were had in that cul-de-sac ha

as for off-roading, check out Rausch Creek Off Road Park in PA

Last edited by C5_vette; 02-10-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by C5_vette
Ah yes I remember this car (the Z) from when I first started hanging with people from the Mid-a,

and I remember that day at F:T, many good times were had in that cul-de-sac ha

as for off-roading, check out Rausch Creek Off Road Park in PA
Thanks. Yeah, Rausch Creek, Red Cloud, and Chaos Offroad are on my list of places to visit. Should be fun!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:32 PM
BornSlippyZ

Not too many good Jeep pictures yet, but here's one:

Just finished helping the dealer install the TrekTop in this pic.
Never seen a jeep with that style of top, it looks great!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

One thing you don’t want with a 4 wheel drive off-road vehicle is a totally clean body with no dents or scratches. Serious off-roaders’ vehicles display some wounds.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:14 PM
jackie chan

I have been popping onto the site lately since I picked up a cheap little base daytona blue z. Since I'm in the auto business I don't like to spend money on them too much these days(unless I can get it all back) unlike my money pit mustang sagas. After my mustangs I bought a couple jeeps. 98 sport and sold that after I lifted it for a 2005 unlimited I lifted and modded on 35s

Old 02-12-2014, 03:13 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mere fact you're still on here all these years later, you're bound to have another Zed/Zee. They call us Z lifers. Always enjoyed seeing pics of your Z.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by BRONZEE
Mere fact you're still on here all these years later, you're bound to have another Zed/Zee. They call us Z lifers. Always enjoyed seeing pics of your Z.
You just never know!

Quick Reply: Been a Looooong time fellas. Found a few pics