MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   got rear ended :( (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/594534-got-rear-ended.html)

Daytondakid13 06-02-2014 09:37 AM

got rear ended :(

7 Attachment(s)
So last week i got rear ended by a golf gti
I was at a dead stop and the other driver either wasn't paying attention or texting. Hit me pretty good going about 20 mph i would guess. There is quarter panel damage the side skirt cracked the bumper is gone, he took off some paint off the hatch, the tail light is gone, inside the bumper the metal is bent, the exhaust is bent, alignment is way off, and my music is going in and out now.

Im going to take it in to get an estimate to see how much it will be to fix it but i doubt its totaled unfortunately. :( So my clean car fax won't be clean anymore.
Any advice to tell them when i take it in other than to use all oem parts.

One more thing, i just replaced the cam shaft sensor about 2-3 months ago bc my old one went bad. After the accident it pulled the same code. could that be from the accident or just a faulty sensor?

Attachment 404441Attachment 404442Attachment 404443
Attachment 404444Attachment 404445Attachment 404446Attachment 404447

travlee 06-02-2014 09:41 AM

i cant see photobucket pics at work, when i got rear ended though it buckled the quarter panel, busted the bumper/turn signal/tail light... it was about 4k to fix. sorry it happened to ya sir

Daytondakid13 06-02-2014 09:49 AM

Thats about exactly what happened with me man sucks.

Originally Posted by travlee9374 (Post 10400602)
i cant see photobucket pics at work, when i got rear ended though it buckled the quarter panel, busted the bumper/turn signal/tail light... it was about 4k to fix. sorry it happened to ya sir

travlee 06-02-2014 09:51 AM

did it buckle the quarter on one side or both?

samsniss350z 06-02-2014 10:03 AM

Well, he certainly made a mess of your car. You'll have more of an idea of just what is going on when you remove the bumper but I thinks its safe to say that the pillock in the Golf has done few thousand $'s worth of damage. Did you replace the camshaft sensor with OEM or an EBay special? This may have a bearing as to why you're showing the same code again.

Daytondakid13 06-02-2014 11:14 AM

the sensor was oem. so I'm confused why its bad already... the quarter panel looks worse in person it hard to get a good picture but i know the quarter panels are welded on so that will be fun. only one quarter panel is buckled but shrapnel from his car hissed up the paint on the other side.

essejd 06-02-2014 11:53 AM

Did you check the sensor in both banks?

JCat 06-02-2014 12:07 PM

Accidents can cause prior fixes to fail.

That corner's gonna cost ~ $5,000.

350Z's seem to get rear-ended at a very high rate.

travlee 06-02-2014 12:40 PM

Finally saw the pics... it's fixable they can pull that panel and not have to replace it. Mine looked almost the same but the other side. With the exhaust being bent like others said about 5k to fix

pyshin 06-02-2014 01:16 PM

^^^
http://pokerfacenews.com/wp-content/...ems-legit.jpeg

Good luck repairing your Z

xFekx 06-02-2014 01:28 PM

Looks like your getting a new car. That much damage most likely gonna be totaled. Start looking for a Nismo.

travlee 06-02-2014 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by xFekx (Post 10400785)
Looks like your getting a new car. That much damage most likely gonna be totaled. Start looking for a Nismo.

nah, mine looked the same it was repairable. depends on the year and condition of the car

RUNWDVL 06-02-2014 02:25 PM

Dat sucks. Hopefully it's more cosmetic then frame damage.

xFekx 06-02-2014 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by travlee9374 (Post 10400790)
nah, mine looked the same it was repairable. depends on the year and condition of the car

Based on the 5k conservative est most ppl state without frame dmg, looks to maybe be a 2006. Might be less than 50% but any frame dmg means its absolutely totaled.

travlee 06-02-2014 02:34 PM

seriously doubt frame damage, but only time will tell. OP keep us updated

ecorona6 06-02-2014 02:50 PM

Not bad at all... Looks like you can earn some money or have that aftermarket kit installed for free.

I would have the car towed to your home. Have his/her insurance adjuster see the car. Have his/her insurance calc. total repair cost and have them issue the check in your name. Take Z to your trusted auto body shop and let them know you are repairing the damage at your cost. They wont charge you "insurance" rates. More than likely the auto body shop will give you a total price below the insurance check. Use remaining money to purchase body kit.

Landon_G03z 06-02-2014 03:15 PM

Mine was rear ended a month or two ago. Took out the hatch, back bumper, one 1/4 panel, both tail lights, yada yada yada. Totaled my car. So don't be quite so sure. I didn't think mine would be totaled either.

FOOKhonda 06-02-2014 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by ecorona6 (Post 10400823)
Not bad at all... Looks like you can earn some money or have that aftermarket kit installed for free.

I would have the car towed to your home. Have his/her insurance adjuster see the car. Have his/her insurance calc. total repair cost and have them issue the check in your name. Take Z to your trusted auto body shop and let them know you are repairing the damage at your cost. They wont charge you "insurance" rates. More than likely the auto body shop will give you a total price below the insurance check. Use remaining money to purchase body kit.

+1
thatd probably be your best bet.

also when i wrecked my 06 lancer es, i can tell you for a fact it wouldve need new engine mounts, new tires/wheels and a new oil pan. possibly the control arms and other suspension parts

i think it was calculated to about 3-4k to fix and they totaled it out, though the car would only be worth maybe 5-7k..
but in your case it looks like it should be repairable it looks like its almost your average "fender bender"

but as i always say hope for the best and expect the worst, good luck bud, i hope it all works out

Daytondakid13 06-02-2014 10:41 PM

Talked to a body shop today and I literally had to stay calm because i almost told the guy how i felt and drove off after about 5 minutes of being there.

The estimator said, the side skirt damage was already there, but you can tell its a stress crack and I know for a fact it wasn't there before. I just bought a motorcycle and had to reorganize the garage to find room, and while doing so I cleaned, polished and waxed the car for summer. So I know exactly how the car looked a week before so unless something happened in that time it happened because of the wreck.

Next on to the passenger side of the quarter panel. He said the quarter panel damage is from something else too, because he doubted that it could cause damage to both sides of the car. Even though I told him his fender came off and landed on that side of the car. Also my passenger came with me to give the estimate explained that to him as well. The employee told me to pay it out of pocket and it would be about 1000 dollars for a mark the size of a quarter.

Now for the audio. They said the audio they probably won't cover since its aftermarket. Since i have an iPad and subs in my car, which i guess i don't rely care about since it most likely is a 100-200 dollar fix and i need to replace one blown tweeter anyways. No big deal i guess.

Hks Exhaust, so this one surprised me. the craziest part to me is they said mostly they WILL cover the exhaust, which i thought would be the thing they would ***** about covering. Since it is aftermarket and not exactly cheap.

Overall I am not very happy. Even though i know this shop and they do good work, the way the guy that took pictures, talked to me, told me i was a liar and trying to commit fraud really got to me. I know a lot about cars, repairs, and businesses. To have this guy say i am trying to commit fraud in front of my friend, who suffered injuries as well as myself in the accident but decided to tough it out because the kid was young and felt bad for the guy, is plain out ridiculous.

The Z is a 2007 enthusiast model with 58k. At this point i am just trying to stay calm enough to wait for the estimate, but what kills me is basically a new side skirt + 1000 dollars for the quarter panel is being left out the estimate because this guy says so. Which possibly could end up totaling my car. 2000 dollar exhaust system with installation, new quarter panel, new rear bumper, paint, hatch repainted, taillight , reverse light, alignment.
Then add in the skirt and other labor to fix or replace the other panel plus paint.

#pissed

travlee 06-03-2014 03:10 AM

take it to another shop for an estimate....