MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Z got egged! (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/594578-z-got-egged.html)

icer5160 06-03-2014 10:38 AM

Z got egged!

What would you do if your Z was egged and you had a chance at getting the little dirt bags responsible?

I was driving home from my Fiance's place Sunday evening and I heard a crunching sound. At first I didn't think much of it since I was driving and it could have just been something I ran over in the road, but I didn't see anything. It was after 11PM and naturally dark. Monday comes and still I didn't notice anything on the way to work. It wasn't until I left for lunch that I approached my Z from the passenger side and noticed something around the edge of the wheel well. I couldn't tell what it was right away, until I got closer for a better inspection. It turns out my car was nailed/hit by an egg, and the egg just so happened to land right in the passenger side rear wheel! Since the car was moving a good 35-40mph, the egg exploded all over the dish of the rim and got all over my wheel well, as well as my rear brake rotor/caliper. I ended up spending a good 2 hours cleaning everything, taking off the wheel, caliper , and rotor. What a messy and stinky business it was.

So what would you do? How would you react?

http://s22.postimg.org/pqpeskn81/egg_splatter.jpg
image upload no compression

I suppose I got lucky since it didn't hit any of my windows or mess up my trim/paint. But had it hit a window or other panel, I would have known right away what had happened and could have washed it all off before it dried on.

dkmura 06-03-2014 10:44 AM

I'd clean up the mess and then forget about it. How would you definitively know who's responsible anyway?

VO... 06-03-2014 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by dkmura (Post 10401334)
I'd clean up the mess and then forget about it. How would you definitively know who's responsible anyway?

+1.

Some tard threw a brick at my driver's door the one single Friday I left it parked curbside while I went to work. Major bucks to fix...:mad:

Highway Riding 06-03-2014 11:06 AM

Eggs destroyed my Z. FYI

JDMFairladyZ33 06-03-2014 11:16 AM

Worst part about getting egged is when the eggs hit the paint just right and they leave the concentric ring damages in the paint from the impact. I was so pissed when it happened to my old Z. Actually had to take the car to a body shop to correct it.

icer5160 06-03-2014 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by dkmura (Post 10401334)

That's not my point, I'm saying "what if" you had the chance to catch them immediately after the fact? What would you do?

I've already given up on catching the vagrants. But right after it happened there was a car behind me pulling up to the same light I was waiting at. Then suddenly he slammed on his brakes and burned out in reverse to go after the culprits. At the time I was like..."wtf?..." since I wasn't even aware of my car being egged. But after my discovery the next day, it all made sense. I hope the driver of that car was at least able to chase them off.

Eggs do some nasty damage to car paint if it gets a chance to dry on. After cleaning up my wheel, I did notice some discoloration on the inner dish. That area of the wheel doesn't have the thick clear coat like the front does. Luckily for me, no major damage was done to any other part of the car.

But honestly, eggs=retarded. Get some water balloons if you want to hit cars!

Zmandriving 06-03-2014 11:54 AM

Just do nothing about those kids. They aren't worth it and all you are going to do is get in trouble with authorities. You could tell the Police about the egging but probably will lead nowhere because unless those kids fess up they got nothing to go on. You ever seen that Chapel Show episode when keeping real goes wrong, this is what this situation sounds like if you go after these kids.

Jah70 06-03-2014 12:46 PM

Find where they go to school, tell someone to find a bully and tell that person to pay the local bully that's the same age as them to kick their asses. Win win for everyone. Your not directly involved and it's harder to trace back to you and those little bastards get their sh!t kicked in. Have some random bystander film it and upload it to youtube so all the kids in their school sees it. I call it "Mafia Style" karma.

RedScytheZ 06-03-2014 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jah70 (Post 10401461)
Find where they go to school, tell someone to find a bully and tell that person to pay the local bully that's the same age as them to kick their asses. Win win for everyone. Your not directly involved and it's harder to trace back to you and those little bastards get their sh!t kicked in. Have some random bystander film it and upload it to youtube so all the kids in their school sees it. I call it "Mafia Style" karma.

They won't know why though!

VO... 06-03-2014 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by icer5160 (Post 10401392)
That's not my point, I'm saying "what if" you had the chance to catch them immediately after the fact? What would you do?

It's hard to say. My temper would try to get the best of me. If it did, I'd probably pull them by their hair adn drag them, then take their shoes or something. You can't really do anything these days without catching an assault charge. Kids get off with criminal mischief...:dunno:

Jah70 06-03-2014 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by RedScytheZ (Post 10401465)
A lot of wasted thought there lol

Not really. You just pay someone to fck them up. Ten bucks for artificially induced karma is a good deal lol. Doesn't take much thought.

Jah70 06-03-2014 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by RedScytheZ (Post 10401465)
They won't know why though!

Why what? Why the bully is kicking their asses? Tell em' Santa Claus saw what they did and decided to give them their presents earlier this year in the form of a black eye and broken knees. They shouldn't question anything with money in their faces.

Stock2Autocrozz 06-03-2014 01:46 PM

My hood is still scratched from shells, and the albumen just destroyed clearcoat---end result, I have 3 hoods, OEM CF and Lamborghini black; to answer ? I never found/knew who did...but the response would not be suitable to keystroke through work CPU I assure you that.........I think it may have been a jilted ex so, thats another learnign lesson for having vanity plates and making your car a one off :( learn, learn from these lessons :) lol

Jah70 06-03-2014 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz (Post 10401490)
My hood is still scratched from shells, and the albumen just destroyed clearcoat---end result, I have 3 hoods, OEM CF and Lamborghini black; to answer ? I never found/knew who did...but the response would not be suitable to keystroke through work CPU I assure you that.........I think it may have been a jilted ex so, thats another learnign lesson for having vanity plates and making your car a one off :( learn, learn from these lessons :) lol

That's one thing I definitely don't do. I don't make any of my cars stand out in any way to get targeted by anyone because they are already unique enough being that they are sports cars. That means no loud colors, loud exhaust and unique exterior mods.

icer5160 06-03-2014 02:30 PM

Yesterday when I was cleaning off the egg crap. I was thinking how nice it would have been to have a paintball gun locked and loaded when **** like this happens.

You throw eggs at my car, I nail you with some paint. I think that's an even exchange.

The sad thing is, my Z is more or less a sleeper. It looks bone stock from the exterior except for the 2007/8 Nismo wheels which I had redone and therefore don't even have the Nismo stickers on them. It's silverstone so it doesn't even stand out much.

Ultimately it was just being on the wrong street at the wrong time. There was very little traffic that late at night and I was just unlucky enough to become their next target.

It's also very true that kids today get away with all sorts of mischief. Parents are just dieing to sue over the silliest of things. Everything winds up in courts. I'm entirely aware of how things have deteriorated with our justice system.

Therefore, if I had stopped, I would have just given the cops a call and told them to look out for kids on that street/block throwing eggs at cars passing by. Or run to the closest 24 our safeway and bought some eggs to throw back at them! But even this could be "keeping in real going wrong".

Jah70 06-03-2014 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by icer5160 (Post 10401526)
Yesterday when I was cleaning off the egg crap. I was thinking how nice it would have been to have a paintball gun locked and loaded when **** like this happens.

You throw eggs at my car, I nail you with some paint. I think that's an even exchange.

The sad thing is, my Z is more or less a sleeper. It looks bone stock from the exterior except for the 2007/8 Nismo wheels which I had redone and therefore don't even have the Nismo stickers on them. It's silverstone so it doesn't even stand out much.

Ultimately it was just being on the wrong street at the wrong time. There was very little traffic that late at night and I was just unlucky enough to become their next target.

It's also very true that kids today get away with all sorts of mischief. Parents are just dieing to sue over the silliest of things. Everything winds up in courts. I'm entirely aware of how things have deteriorated with our justice system.

Therefore, if I had stopped, I would have just given the cops a call and told them to look out for kids on that street/block throwing eggs at cars passing by. Or run to the closest 24 our safeway and bought some eggs to throw back at them! But even this could be "keeping in real going wrong".

That's why you have someone pick on them who's their size so that person takes the fall and gets a slap on the wrist versus you getting a felony. You should never deal with conflicts directly anyways unless you really have to. Proxy wars and puppeteering. I learned a lot from our politicians lol.

FOOKhonda 06-03-2014 03:29 PM

That really sucks man :( if someone did that to my car and i found out who it was, honestly id probably just kick their asses.. i did the same stuff when i was a kid, but i would never do it to a nice car.. and we used to shoot them with air soft guns at that!

If i could see i had plenty of proof i would call the cops and get it all documented and then take their parents to court to pay for the damages.. them kids will be grounded for MONTHS! or whatever punishment some of the girly parents use these days...

but still with the anger that would shoot through me id probably end up with an aggravated battery charge LOL

Stock2Autocrozz 06-03-2014 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jah70 (Post 10401501)
That's one thing I definitely don't do. I don't make any of my cars stand out in any way to get targeted by anyone because they are already unique enough being that they are sports cars. That means no loud colors, loud exhaust and unique exterior mods.

Well, theres different approaches I have with all my vehicles and I will be damned if I let others dictate how or what I will do to my vehicles, yet the Vanity plates will never be done ever again; thats just to proof positive---also pretty sure that was from a pi$$ed off chick, and well probably well deserved. :dunno: or some phaggy kidz as retribution that is probably makeup for jacking car emblems and dumb $hit you do when youre a kid

RacingBlack350Z 06-03-2014 04:43 PM

I'd pull over, chase them down and tackle one of the kids. Hold him by the shirt until the cops came and dealt with him. Go home with a clear conscience and also they would have to pay for the repairs.

Jah70 06-03-2014 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz (Post 10401574)
Well, theres different approaches I have with all my vehicles and I will be damned if I let others dictate how or what I will do to my vehicles, yet the Vanity plates will never be done ever again; thats just to proof positive---also pretty sure that was from a pi$$ed off chick, and well probably well deserved. :dunno: or some phaggy kidz as retribution that is probably makeup for jacking car emblems and dumb $hit you do when youre a kid

Well it really depends on your situation. With my past situations it's not a very smart idea to be easily ID'd out of a crowd. Vinyl wrap, plasti dip and car covers were my best friends. You probably don't have to worry about that though.