Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need to vent

Old 06-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Tenacious T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to vent

So, I don't even know where to start here... It's been over two months since I've driven my Nismo, since I've been waiting for a brand new transmission to be installed by a private shop. The shop took almost three weeks to order the tranny and when it was finally installed there was a problem with the control rod not moving out of gear... Now the car has been sitting at a Nissan dealership for over two weeks while the warranty situation is worked out, and I just get a call the other day that my car was broken into and my CD player was stolen and my radio and shifter bezels were trashed. The best part is that the dealership had left my car UNLOCKED the entire time I was waiting for service for the transmission... I just can't win. The manager told me they would take care of me but I'm still waiting to find out what they are going to do... I literally just painted all the interior pieces since the paint was scratched up and it was perfect. I hate people.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:56 AM
350zsunshinefl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

post pics of everything man, curious minds inquiring.

-But I feel for you, really sucks. So the shop messed up the tranny install and sent it to the dealership?

IMO they should pay for the dealer techs labor to fix their half assed install!

-Also sucks about the cd player and interior - get on the dealer, its ******** - if I leave my car @ the dealer I fully expect for them to protect my property.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

That sucks man. We all go through **** at times. Keep your head up!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:40 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What dealer did you take your car to? I will make sure to never visit them and I live in upstate NY.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Tenacious T

the tranny had internal issues prior to installation according to Nissan. It was not installation error. The dealership is Davidsons in Watertown. I've not had a very good experience, or service with them. The regional service manager is nice enough, however, their service department is a joke... It's taken almost two weeks for them to perform a diagnostic that probably took less than an hour to perform due to a shortage of techs apparently... I'm still in disbelief that the car was left unlocked... Even more so since there are a bunch of parts inside left uninstalled from the transmission replacement. Including mounting brackets, the driveshaft, and a few aftermarket components like my spacers and such. Luckily the only thing stolen was the radio. I'm a little surprised that the manager didn't offer to upgrade my stereo equipment for my trouble. I mean, I live an hour away and have had to drive back and forth multiple times to fill out police reports and review the damage. Plus I'm thinking that they will just cut me a check and have me go out and replace the equipment myself which is a hassle. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pics since I was so upset. The investigating officers already documented all the evidence.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:53 PM
scottG35

This all sounds really rough man. What it all comes down to though is you're still healthy (assuming) and you still have loved ones in your life that're there for you...

“The good and the bad things are part of life. Accept it. The bad is a learning process, you will surpass it. If you do you will be happy and it will be a good thing.”

“Sometimes bad things have to happen before good things can.”

“Bad things can happen, and often do--but they only take up a few pages of your story; and anyone can survive a few pages.”

“No man is broken because bad things happen to him. He’s broken because he doesn’t keep going after those things happen.”
Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

The fact that your car was unlocked saved it from more damage... a broken window in this instance. --Spike
Old 06-12-2014, 05:46 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

The more you suffer the more it shows you really care!!

my z was down for about 9 months (although I was expecting it to be down for about that long and I was travelling quite a bit for work) it was better than a wet dream when I finally got it back.

stay patient you'll get there!!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Tenacious T

Yes, I'm sure it will be so nice to get it back... the break in was just the last straw for me. You guys don't even know the half of what I've been through with this car. Since the day I bought it. I'll eventually post the whole story in a build thread once I get the car back from nissan and have it completely painted. Thanks for all the kind words guys.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:11 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I hope when you get it back you enjoy that first ride so much!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:08 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bealljk
The more you suffer the more it shows you really care!!
my z was down for about 9 months (although I was expecting it to be down for about that long and I was travelling quite a bit for work) it was better than a wet dream when I finally got it back.

stay patient you'll get there!!
^^^ The Offspring????

OP, I am having a issue with the dealer and I don't know where to go either. It's to the point where i'm thinking I'll just come out of pocket to have the bumper repainted since it needs refitting anyway... then theres the back bumper....

Keep your head up and look forward to a build with all the tough stuff listed making the drive more grand!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Tenacious T

I've had that happen before. Trying to get a dealer to own up to shoddy workmanship or damages seems to be nearly impossible... I once had a dealer take off my bumper to replace a turn signal bulb in my front headlight???? Then the tech replaced the plastic rivets that connected the lower splash shield to the lip of my aerosync bumper. He used these weird incorrect rivets that ended up failing on the highway and tore apart my bumper. They told me I must have hit something to make the rivets pop out and wouldn't do anything for me. I hate dealerships... but I have a hard time trusting private shops too. I wish there was a specialty Z shop close by that I could take my car to, so I wouldn't have to deal with morons.