Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My rants on "wannabe"

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:20 AM
trustr888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
One big thing has not been mentioned , a head and neck restraint. A harness is meant to be worn with a HANS device to keep your neck from breaking in an impact
That's true as well.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzy866
I am all for safety.
Absolutely nothing would have helped this dude.....RIP

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-house/2171783
Originally Posted by bad boyz
That wreck in Tampa Bay was awful! couldn't hardly look at the damage and what must of happened,God Bless the deceased.
Originally Posted by turboed350z
I dont want to be THAT dude, but comman sense wouldve saved him. Why woupd anyone do 100mph in a residential neighborhood?

You may not want to be, but I will be THAT guy.

Fk him, no rest in peace, no god bless. He had multiple infractions, multiple chances to learn his lesson and change the way he drove. He could have easily killed an innocent family sleeping in their own home, a place where above all, one should feel safe.

Rot in the ground/burn in hell for all I care, you inconsiderate, self-absorbed c*nt.

Damnit, now you've got me all riled up.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner

Fk him, no rest in peace, no god bless. He had multiple infractions, multiple chances to learn his lesson and change the way he drove. He could have easily killed an innocent family sleeping in their own home, a place where above all, one should feel safe.

Rot in the ground/burn in hell for all I care, you inconsiderate, self-absorbed c*nt.

+1 I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to come off vulgar. But fck him, dude got what was coming to him for driving like a ****.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:18 AM
trustr888

Originally Posted by Syner

Yup. Couldn't agree more. Stupid of him to have been doing that in a residential neighborhood. Glad though that no one got hurt excluding the driver.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:19 AM
trustr888

Blame these types of idiots for giving the Z a bad rap sheet in crashes.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Jah70
+1 I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to come off vulgar. But fck him, dude got what was coming to him for driving like a ****.
Originally Posted by trustr888
Yup. Couldn't agree more. Stupid of him to have been doing that in a residential neighborhood. Glad though that no one got hurt excluding the driver.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:42 AM
GrayGoose

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ozzy866
I am all for safety.
Absolutely nothing would have helped this dude.....RIP

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-house/2171783
You could say he was... parting out

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
I wonder what pro race car teams feel about the wannabes on public streets.
On TopGear, Jeremy was talking to a professional F1 driver (I really don't remember who, I'm sorry) and they were talking about his daily driver.

That fool drives a minivan. I'm absolutely positive professional racers shake their heads at these Need For Speed wannabes.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by GrayGoose
You could say he was... parting out
That was of poor taste......who am I kidding, that was fcking funny lmao. The guy probably had a spilt personality.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:33 AM
trustr888

Originally Posted by Jah70
That was of poor taste......who am I kidding, that was fcking funny lmao. The guy probably had a spilt personality.
LOL

Talk about split ends.....Literally.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by trustr888

LOL

Talk about split ends.....Literally.
Hahaha you guys are making my sides split lmao
Old 09-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Chrismx5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.

That one in tampa bay.

Thing is, you'll always get idiots like that.

Give them a car with a bit of go, and they will always, push their limits.

I have had my fun on the street, not going to lie, but after getting involved in the track scene, I have taken my dangerous activities off to the track in a safe environment.

Wannabes are everywhere. Same thing goes when people get coilovers to just slam thheir cars.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Xonatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

turboed350z, I like your post. Please educate me on why a harness with a roll cage is bad. Spell it out for me. I have no experience with this.

P.S. That Tampa Bay accident is quite sobering.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:46 AM
zswickliffe

One big thing has not been mentioned , a head and neck restraint. A harness is meant to be worn with a HANS device to keep your neck from breaking in an impact
This is true, but it is also more relevant when you have a helmet on. More likely to become injured with the increase in mass.

I, for one, Have a works bell quick release waiting to be installed with a wheel because I won't do it until the car is caged and I have proper seats/harnesses.

I guess what I'm saying is: I approve of this thread.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:43 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewdoucette
turboed350z, I like your post. Please educate me on why a harness with a roll cage is bad. Spell it out for me. I have no experience with this.

P.S. That Tampa Bay accident is quite sobering.
I didn't say a harness with a roll cage is bad. I said a harness with a "harness bar" or a "roll bar" is bad. The problem is when you have JUST the bar, in a roll over, the harness keeps you upright, and without a roll cage, the roof of the car crushes and your head is the first to go. The factory seat belt is design for you to lean forward/crouches in the even of a roll over. Not to mention, improper degree placement if harness straps can actually paralyzes you in a minor fender bender.

So in short, the harness is design to be use with a full roll cage. Any short cut, and you'll be better off NOT using a seat belt than to use a harness.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Xonatron

turboed350z, makes a lot of sense. Thanks for that breakdown.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:50 AM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turboed350z
I didn't say a harness with a roll cage is bad. I said a harness with a "harness bar" or a "roll bar" is bad. The problem is when you have JUST the bar, in a roll over, the harness keeps you upright, and without a roll cage, the roof of the car crushes and your head is the first to go. The factory seat belt is design for you to lean forward/crouches in the even of a roll over. Not to mention, improper degree placement if harness straps can actually paralyzes you in a minor fender bender.

So in short, the harness is design to be use with a full roll cage. Any short cut, and you'll be better off NOT using a seat belt than to use a harness.
+1 these kids don't realize that the one piece seats are more likely to kill you in a crash without a cage. On a side note I will say these seats are well build. Had a friend got hit recently by a drunk driver and they told him if it wasn't for the sparco seat taking the side impact it would have been his leg getting crushed.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Xonatron

So it's not just the harness, it's the design of the seat itself that should be matched with a full roll cage? Let's say I installed Recaro racing seats, I should only do so with a full cage? (And maybe you cannot have a harness without a racing seat and vice-versa, so I might be asking a pointless question here.)
Old 09-28-2014, 02:49 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewdoucette
So it's not just the harness, it's the design of the seat itself that should be matched with a full roll cage? Let's say I installed Recaro racing seats, I should only do so with a full cage? (And maybe you cannot have a harness without a racing seat and vice-versa, so I might be asking a pointless question here.)
Safety equipment is a system. Everything goes together to work properly.

A properly designed and mounted aftermarket reclinable seat is just fine for most street driving, but I would not install one if it required the removal of a seat that is equipped with an airbag.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:16 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Safety equipment is a system. Everything goes together to work properly.

A properly designed and mounted aftermarket reclinable seat is just fine for most street driving, but I would not install one if it required the removal of a seat that is equipped with an airbag.
+1 a sport seat (reclineable) is fine to use on the street if its a name brand and not an ebay knock off. Bucket seat/racing seats/fixed seat should be use along side with a harness and a roll cage.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Xonatron

You guys have me interested in learning more. I did a quick "Recaro 350z" image search to see what's out there. I see all kinds of setups, from no roll cages to full roll cages to everything in-between. Care to comment on what's right or wrong in any of these pics?

Name:  0709_impp_06_zwendy_cheng_nissan_350ztakata_harnesses.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  77.4 KB

Quick Reply: My rants on "wannabe"