Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My rants on "wannabe"

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 03:14 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewdoucette
You guys have me interested in learning more. I did a quick "Recaro 350z" image search to see what's out there. I see all kinds of setups, from no roll cages to full roll cages to everything in-between. Care to comment on what's right or wrong in any of these pics?

To comment on all of them is going to take a LONG time. Basically, if youre running a street set up go for something like in pic one. Sport seats (reclineable) factory steering wheel and seat belts. Looks safe to me. For something for track oriented, go for something like pic 4, even though to me, the belt looks to be at a different angel than what theyre suppose to be. I could be wrong or it could just be the pic. Avoid something like pic 3 and 6.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Xonatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

turboed350z, very good. I did not mean to ask for comments on all of them. I wanted to shotgun out a bunch in case something caught your eye.

So... No seats that do NOT recline without a full roll cage. I honestly had no idea the recline-ability of seats mattered in a crash. Makes sense in hindsight.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:24 PM
turboed350z

turboed350z, very good. I did not mean to ask for comments on all of them. I wanted to shotgun out a bunch in case something caught your eye.

So... No seats that do NOT recline without a full roll cage. I honestly had no idea the recline-ability of seats mattered in a crash. Makes sense in hindsight.
Its the way the none reclinning seats are angeled. Theyre not design to be use with stock seat beats. And I could be wrong here, but I remember someone told me that the reclining sport seats are design so that the recline level will break and the seat recline in a serious crash so they can potentially save your life.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:20 PM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry I had no idea idea until a year or so back when super street or Dsport mag did a safety thing on seats and thats were I learned a lot. One possible problem I see with the red recaro, takata harness, gold roll bar pic is the harnesses look like they are going towards the floor board which is horrible. If you mount harnesses to the floor in the event of an accident you will crush your own back.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:01 PM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by 350Z Project X
Don't worry I had no idea idea until a year or so back when super street or Dsport mag did a safety thing on seats and thats were I learned a lot. One possible problem I see with the red recaro, takata harness, gold roll bar pic is the harnesses look like they are going towards the floor board which is horrible. If you mount harnesses to the floor in the event of an accident you will crush your own back.
I believe its more of the angle of the harness vs where its mounted. But I do agree that the angel seems off. But then again, these are pictures and sometimes theyre not as they appears.